Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Invalid Password

NitthNitth Member UncommonPosts: 3,904

So i tried launching my client and it gives me a invalid password, Fair enough i go and request a password change at the website.

Try again, Still in valid on both the website and client.

Try twice more carefully putting in the new passwords, Nope.

What's up with this? anyone have anything similar?

TSW - AoC - Aion - WOW - EVE - Fallen Earth - Co - Rift - || XNA C# Java Development

Comments

• seridanseridan Member UncommonPosts: 1,202
    Originally posted by Nitth

So i tried launching my client and it gives me a invalid password, Fair enough i go and request a password change at the website.

I had this error during the previous stress test. I only had to delete my password field on the launcher, then retype it and I got in

Block the trolls, don't answer them, so we can remove the garbage from these forums

• clumsytoes44clumsytoes44 Member UncommonPosts: 463
    No problem here, it just tell's me no event at this time.
  • gelraengelraen Member UncommonPosts: 316
    Originally posted by seridan

I had this error during the previous stress test. I only had to delete my password field on the launcher, then retype it and I got in

Yeah it was a widely experienced issue... as said above, delete the entry and retype.

• NitthNitth Member UncommonPosts: 3,904

Originally posted by Nitth So i tried launching my client and it gives me a invalid password, Fair enough i go and request a password change at the website. Try again, Still in valid on both the website and client. Try twice more carefully putting in the new passwords, Nope. What's up with this? anyone have anything similar?

Yeah, but this is happening both on the website account entry and the client launcher.

3 requests were made, 3 changes were made, It's insane.

TSW - AoC - Aion - WOW - EVE - Fallen Earth - Co - Rift - || XNA C# Java Development

• stragen001stragen001 Member UncommonPosts: 1,720

Yep, this happened to everyone on the last stress test. Just need to retype your password

Cluck Cluck, Gibber Gibber, My Old Mans A Mushroom

• stragen001stragen001 Member UncommonPosts: 1,720

Originally posted by Nitth So i tried launching my client and it gives me a invalid password, Fair enough i go and request a password change at the website. Try again, Still in valid on both the website and client. Try twice more carefully putting in the new passwords, Nope. What's up with this? anyone have anything similar?

Yeah, but this is happening both on the website account entry and the client launcher.

3 requests were made, 3 changes were made, It's insane.

Yeah, now you have screwed the system up. Try all 3 passwords. DONT REQUEST ANY MORE PASSWORD CHANGES. You need to wait for the system to catch up.  Also, check capslock isnt on.

Cluck Cluck, Gibber Gibber, My Old Mans A Mushroom

• observerobserver Member RarePosts: 3,685
    This still happens to me when i use the Remember Password field.  It works when i type it in manually though.

Originally posted by stragen001
    Originally posted by Nitth   Originally posted by seridan Originally posted by Nitth So i tried launching my client and it gives me a invalid password, Fair enough i go and request a password change at the website. Try again, Still in valid on both the website and client. Try twice more carefully putting in the new passwords, Nope. What's up with this? anyone have anything similar?
      Yeah, but this is happening both on the website account entry and the client launcher. 3 requests were made, 3 changes were made, It's insane.
    Yeah, now you have screwed the system up. Try all 3 passwords. DONT REQUEST ANY MORE PASSWORD CHANGES. You need to wait for the system to catch up.  Also, check capslock isnt on.

How long is it expected to take?

to the others...read what i wrote...

Can anyone lend assistance? Surely.

Apparently the "Support" section of the site goes noware, And the official forums require a login. How do you get in contact with arena net?

• BeansnBreadBeansnBread Member EpicPosts: 7,254

I'm looking right now. Someone else is having your problem, but it's only been like 5 minutes since they posted it.

Can you create a support account here and contact them?

Edit: http://en.support.guildwars2.com/

Originally posted by colddog04
    I'm looking right now. Someone else is having your problem, but it's only been like 5 minutes since they posted it.

Thankyou sir! much appreciated!

Someone said they had to re-enter both their email and password for them to be able to get in.

Edit:  not really help for someone that can't login to their account at all though. :P

• terrantterrant Member Posts: 1,683
    Someone said they had to re-enter both their email and password for them to be able to get in.

You know, I did have that happen in the last stress test. I had to blow out the auto-populated username and re-type it before it worked.

GL Nitth.

What is the specific error code you are getting?

There was not code, Just "Invalid password"

However, This has now magically resolved itself. Thanks for the help everyone!

There was not code, Just "Invalid password"

However, This has now magically resolved itself.

Ah, hell yeah. :P