Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn Screens

SBFordSBFord Former Associate EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 33,129

The Final Fantasy XIV team has released fourteen new screenshots from the upcoming overhaul of the game called "A Realm Reborn". The new shots were released during Gamescom. You can check them all out in our Final Fantasy XIV screenshot gallery.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

Comments

• video footage for 2.0 was posted here earlier. should add that.
  • MeltdownMeltdown Member UncommonPosts: 1,183
    Wait... did I see jumping?

"They essentially want to say 'Correlation proves Causation' when it's just not true." - Sovrath

• MephsterMephster Member Posts: 1,188
    It looks amazing!

Grim Dawn, the next great action rpg!

http://www.grimdawn.com/

• CoolitCoolit Member UncommonPosts: 661

Looks much better than I was expecting, the UI looks great too.

Cant wait to check this out, cant wait!

• lotapartylotaparty Member Posts: 514
    i dont see anything that is groundbreaking
  • trippbeartrippbear Member UncommonPosts: 4
    Only if the combat wasn't so slow :| Not to my liking, but it seems pretty cool nontheless
  • ZizouXZizouX Member Posts: 670

95% of the mmos' on the market have the twitch paced combat.  GW2 will be another going on the marked i'm really looking forward to.   On th other hand, I love that FFXIV's combat is different.

A lot of people will play a game like this... especially console FF fans who don't play mmos.  

• gaeanprayergaeanprayer Member UncommonPosts: 2,341

Ugh, that combat still looks not quite right. Almost, though. I was about to post talking about how much nicer the combat was after watching the video, that Dragoon was really wailin' on those monsters. But then skip ahead and the mages and archer still looked very slow and....blah. There's such a disparity there, it's odd. 

"Forums aren't for intelligent discussion; they're for blow-hards with unwavering opinions."

• AdelbernAdelbern Member Posts: 85
    JUMP FEST!!!
  • aligada87aligada87 Member UncommonPosts: 234
    dam the game has really been reborn after seeing the video gameplay and screenies. i just hope they add epic dynamic events in ffxiv then it be perfect. i mean pvp can be badass but it can only be entertaining to a certain extent unless there is a true purpose into pvp. from what i been readin about gw2 pvp, it doesn't have a purpose at all. hope they do an epic job this time with ffxiv this time.
  • LeucentLeucent Member Posts: 2,371
    Combat looks perfectly fine for a FF game. Thats the pace I liked about X!. I hope they don t change it to a I can fight 15 mobs at once game. I can get that in a million games now.
  • MikehaMikeha Member EpicPosts: 9,196
    Game looks amazing. Game worlds are what grab me and the world in Reborn looks really good.
  • AdelbernAdelbern Member Posts: 85
    Been playing since release and only difference in gameplay I see is jumping so no clue what do you mean about gameplay has changed.
  • zonovazonova Member Posts: 34
    Does anyone happen to know what the release date for 2.0 is? :)
  • disbnivekdisbnivek Member Posts: 2
    hope they add chocobo breeding/racing down the line. so many screenies with chocos in em, would be a nice addition.
  • daltaniousdaltanious Member UncommonPosts: 2,381

They are working on that epic failure of first launch ... but still not sure if will ever return. Especially when I see comment from Adelbern. But on the other hand if he playing that, imo of course :-), crap since release ... well guess love for FF series has overcome all ods. :-)

Always loved series myself but that release was really to much. And now there are many good alternatives out there.

• BrokenSpoonBrokenSpoon Member Posts: 205
    Originally posted by Adelbern
    Been playing since release and only difference in gameplay I see is jumping so no clue what do you mean about gameplay has changed.

Well, yes you have been playing FFXIV from release and some of the content has changed but the overhaul in 2.0 will be a major patch..

All hail the Barn Owl! oh.. and the RED SQUIRREL!!!

• Scripture1Scripture1 Member UncommonPosts: 421
    Originally posted by ZizouX
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LM6bi4RP25o

You can Jump in FFXIV?????????????!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! LOL nice!

Anyhow, this new revamp has got me thinking GW2 has some major competition!

• clamoclamo Member Posts: 16

just watched the cam footage and yes the world looks great. the rest I don't thing so just yet. interface looks the same as it did when the game 1st lanuched and it resembles WoW, NO THANKS.

hope SE don't expect the people that have already paied for the game to buy it again cause its not happening.

• ToxiaToxia Member UncommonPosts: 1,308

For the sake of the franchise, I hope it does well enough. Personally, I won't be playing it until at least 1-3 months after it relaunches, to give the playerbase enough time to get to endgame and see how it is done and whether it is quality or not. Giving a free trial and all that jazz is good, but, like other games, I want to make sure it isn't just a very polished early game up to 30 or so.

Looking at it from a business standpoint, they have already invested a huge amount of money that has not been recouped. How much more do you think they'll invest in it now that the tables have turned? Now that fans aren't breaking down doors to get whatever they are dropping and are -starting off- this time with a very sceptical glimmer in their eyes.

Their last couple of games have really put my inner fan in check, and unless they do one hell of a turn around, they have lost me as a customer.

We shall see.

The Deep Web is sca-ry.

• SynthetickSynthetick Member Posts: 977

I played FFXI a bit off and on. Missed the hay-day. Was excited for FFXIV until all the post-launch reviews.

Decided to pick a copy of it up for $9 the other day with Realm Reborn coming out relatively soon. Glad I did. Even right now, before 2.0, the game is nowhere near as bad as a lot of people were making it out. Sure it's going to get some negativity because of the pacing when most titles that are launching/expanding this year are definitely action oriented, it's still a nice change of scenery.

Will stick around until a few months after 2.0, for sure. Hopefully longer.

• braingame007braingame007 Member UncommonPosts: 98
    Originally posted by clamo

just watched the cam footage and yes the world looks great. the rest I don't thing so just yet. interface looks the same as it did when the game 1st lanuched and it resembles WoW, NO THANKS.

hope SE don't expect the people that have already paied for the game to buy it again cause its not happening.

Are you daft? THe UI looks not even semi remotely close to what it did at launch. I know because I played since day one and I still play the game.  It doesn't resemble way in any way shape or form.  Also about the last thing you said I would be fully willing to pay for the game again  and I know many others who quit would be as well but lucky for us if you have an account you will get the 2.0 game client for free via download when they distrubute the software. 

Game is looking better in ever possible way even though this is only the Alpha build gameplay footage.

• braingame007braingame007 Member UncommonPosts: 98
    Everyone should remember that the gameplay footage was from the Alpha build of 2.0 and also only in 480p. Even with that said it is so much more than I was expecting I am thoroughly impressed wtih Yoshi-P and the new XIV team.