Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

2.0 ingame footage

SteeneSteene Member Posts: 10
From the Gamescom some brand new 2.0 scenes: 

Comments

• spankybusspankybus Member UncommonPosts: 1,367

yea, i was just gonna post teh article.

http://gematsu.com/2012/08/final-fantasy-xiv-a-realm-reborn-off-screen-gamescom-gameplay-presentation

its in some other language that I do not know, but you can see logs of gameplay from someones horrible camera lol.

Frank 'Spankybus' Mignone
    www.spankybus.com
    -3d Artist & Compositor
    -Writer
    -Professional Amature

• ironhelixironhelix Member Posts: 448
    Looks fantastic.
  • Punk-RockerPunk-Rocker Member UncommonPosts: 3
    Jumping Chocobos, im sold XD
  • SteeneSteene Member Posts: 10
    Originally posted by spankybus

yea, i was just gonna post teh article.

http://gematsu.com/2012/08/final-fantasy-xiv-a-realm-reborn-off-screen-gamescom-gameplay-presentation

its in some other language that I do not know, but you can see logs of gameplay from someones horrible camera lol.

this 'some other language' is german

• this looks SOOO much better then it was at launch. wife and i both bought collectors editions and played for a few hours. game was just awful. it looks like they've really fixed a lot of issues with this game from the vid.

jumping, moveable interface, no more lag when you bring up your invintory, easy to use character screen, etc. i never thought i'd be saying this after that turd of a launch, but i'll be playing FFXIV again when 2.0 comes out.

• RebelScum99RebelScum99 Member Posts: 1,090

Hmmm, horrible youtube quality aside, not too bad.  I'm normally not in favor of  "WoWifying" a game, but in the case of the interface for FFXIV, I think it was the perfect move.  Everything looks cleaned up, and the combat looks more like what we are used to seeing from AAA MMOs.  And of course, graphically and aesthetically, it looks terrific, as it always has.  If they truly have revamped the world design to get rid of the copy/paste terrains, and removed some of the grind, this will definitely be worth keeping an eye on.  

• DarbiiRueDarbiiRue Member UncommonPosts: 832
    Originally posted by RebelScum99

Hmmm, horrible youtube quality aside, not too bad.  I'm normally not in favor of  "WoWifying" a game, but in the case of the interface for FFXIV, I think it was the perfect move.  Everything looks cleaned up, and the combat looks more like what we are used to seeing from AAA MMOs.  And of course, graphically and aesthetically, it looks terrific, as it always has.  If they truly have revamped the world design to get rid of the copy/paste terrains, and removed some of the grind, this will definitely be worth keeping an eye on.  

The world IS completely revamped. The game isn't even on the same engine. They've completely redone/rebuilt the entire game from scratch and just remade the things they wanted to keep because they couldn't use what was on the old engine.

For instance one of the major problems of XI and XIV is that you can't have a ton of people on your screen at once, it refuses to render tons of people. This new engine, will not have that problem.

There are no more copy/paste landscapes at all. They'll be trashing them as soon as 2.0 goes up; 1.0 will go down, permanently.

• RebelScum99RebelScum99 Member Posts: 1,090
    Originally posted by AliceKaye

The world IS completely revamped. The game isn't even on the same engine. They've completely redone/rebuilt the entire game from scratch and just remade the things they wanted to keep because they couldn't use what was on the old engine.

For instance one of the major problems of XI and XIV is that you can't have a ton of people on your screen at once, it refuses to render tons of people. This new engine, will not have that problem.

There are no more copy/paste landscapes at all. They'll be trashing them as soon as 2.0 goes up; 1.0 will go down, permanently.

Awesome.  Thanks for the info.  Very encouraging.  I'm assuming you've played the game a bit.  How big is the actual game world?  Does it have a wide open feel to it?  I've only got some videos to go off of.  

Don't forget all the shiny new screenshots.

Please bear in mind that these are not high quality. SE never seems to release any SE's in high quality. All of these were taken on a standard PC.

In-Game

Concept-Art

Awesome.  Thanks for the info.  Very encouraging.  I'm assuming you've played the game a bit.  How big is the actual game world?  Does it have a wide open feel to it?  I've only got some videos to go off of.  

The gameworld at the moment is quite large. On foot it can take a lot of time to get from Point A to B without a Chocobo or other means of transportation. That being said, in 2.0 I have no idea. I know that they've chosen to steer away from the seamless worlds and go for zoning in order to make the game better. How zoned will it be? I'm unsure of that as well. Hopefully it won't be ridiculous. I'm assuming probably along the lines of EQ2 zoning. Big zones and when you leave it, you get a short loading screen. But don't take all of this to heart, I don't know the extent of the zones, as I said.

The game has had a lot of love recently. There is a storyline going on that will never be able to be played through again after 1.0 dies and 2.0 goes live. You can get the game fairly cheap - I know that Amazon has a digital download of it for $15 if you're interested in it. Gamestop may even have it cheaper. Never too late to jump in, really.

Everyone who has the game prior to 2.0's launch gets 2.0 for free, they'll just have to download the new client (unless you want the PS3 version, then of course you'll have to fork over some cash for that).

• adderVXIadderVXI Member UncommonPosts: 727
    it seemed to me that there was going to be weather effects like snow that built up on the ground and then melted.  Is that still planned?

Government is not reason; it is not eloquent; it is force. Like fire, it is a dangerous servant and a fearful master.

George Washington

Originally posted by adderVXI
    it seemed to me that there was going to be weather effects like snow that built up on the ground and then melted.  Is that still planned?

I haven't heard anything about that, particularly. I'm sure that there will be great weather effects as they have them in XIV already and of course XI. In fact, they just added a new meteor one to XIV so I'd assume that weather will still be in the game come 2.0.

But I've not heard of any snow accumulating on the ground. However, that would be totally freakin' awesome, just sayin'.

• SteeneSteene Member Posts: 10
    Originally posted by Demogorgon

I hope I get into beta!! :D

I'm prety sure the game will never have a big following though... who cares eh?

I can hear the whinners already:

- Asian grinder

- Too flashy

- Too late SE, you burned me with 1.0

- Quests! Thats sucks, do it like GW2 or gtfo.

- Animation lock are bad cuz its not how (unrealistic) WoW does it.

- Asian art style is gay

- Insert any other whinning you can think of...

Who the fuck cares about people like this? I am not playing games because of opinions of others. You should ignore people like this because they destroy every discussion with stereotyping.

• JorgeElGuapoJorgeElGuapo Member Posts: 41
    Bad ass. Now the game will give me that "Final Fantasy" feeling that it was missing.
  • AerowynAerowyn Member Posts: 7,928
    hard to see from that video on how the new engine really looks but at least combat looks a ton more fun. any news on payment model for 2.0?

I angered the clerk in a clothing shop today. She asked me what size I was and I said actual, because I am not to scale. I like vending machines 'cause snacks are better when they fall. If I buy a candy bar at a store, oftentimes, I will drop it... so that it achieves its maximum flavor potential. --Mitch Hedberg

Originally posted by Aerowyn
    hard to see from that video on how the new engine really looks but at least combat looks a ton more fun. any news on payment model for 2.0?
    Membership Tiers Price Billing Cycle Max Playable
    Characters
    per World
    Max Playable
    Characters
    Total
    Legacy $9.99 * 30 Days 8 40
    Entry $12.99 * 30 Days 1 8
    Standard $14.99 * 30 Days 8 40

All subscription fees are subject to change in accordance with the terms of the FINAL FANTASY XIV User Agreement.
    Note:  Pricing for other features, including longer billing cycles and Retainer Characters, have not yet been decided.

I should just make a note to tell you that Legacy is no longer available as you needed three months subscribed during a particular time period (I believe this year) in order to qualify. Sadly, if you sub today you will no longer have the ability to rack up 3 months of a sub since 2.0 is slated to hit beta in late September and they've discontinued their three month sub until after subs resume, after 2.0 launches officially.

That being said there are two other options for subscription, depending on your particular gaming style.

• HRHVictoriaHRHVictoria Member Posts: 2
    The game has always looked good. I don't think anyone has ever really complained about that...
  • HRHVictoriaHRHVictoria Member Posts: 2

Alice, firstly, I love seeing you 'crusade' for this game. I don't know why, but it's both amusing and pleasing to see someone being such an advocate for an MMORPG this day in age. For some reason, all the cynisism born out of the last few years has really shut this kind of behavior down. It's nice seeing you run around championing this.

Second, I'm interested enough to sign up for the beta. However, a brief visit to this game's site and I couldn't find anything regarding it. Is signing up still possible and, if so, where does one go?

• Cod_EyeCod_Eye Member UncommonPosts: 1,016
    Originally posted by Demogorgon

I hope I get into beta!! :D

I'm prety sure the game will never have a big following though... who cares eh?

I can hear the whinners already:

- Asian grinder

- Too flashy

- Too late SE, you burned me with 1.0

- Quests! Thats sucks, do it like GW2 or gtfo.

- Animation lock are bad cuz its not how (unrealistic) WoW does it.

- Asian art style is gay

- Insert any other whinning you can think of...

And supose those same people tell you drugs are good, alcohol makes u leet, smoking makes you more sociable, you believe them right?

Hi Victoria, I actually run an MMO blog on MMO's I like so I'm currently inundated with a ton of FFXIV information because I'm writing my own article. But truthfully even in its current state I have love for this game and I think Yoshida wants to do right by it. I may look like a fool for writing so much on the subject but I'm passionate about MMO's. I adore them.

As far as beta sign ups go, they have not yet begun. Stay tuned! I'm sure they're right around the corner.
  • birdycephonbirdycephon Member UncommonPosts: 1,314
    Originally posted by Aerowyn
    Membership Tiers Price Billing Cycle Max Playable
    Characters
    per World
    Max Playable
    Characters
    Total
    Legacy $9.99 * 30 Days 8 40
    Entry $12.99 * 30 Days 1 8
    Standard $14.99 * 30 Days 8 40

All subscription fees are subject to change in accordance with the terms of the FINAL FANTASY XIV User Agreement.
    Note:  Pricing for other features, including longer billing cycles and Retainer Characters, have not yet been decided.

I should just make a note to tell you that Legacy is no longer available as you needed three months subscribed during a particular time period (I believe this year) in order to qualify. Sadly, if you sub today you will no longer have the ability to rack up 3 months of a sub since 2.0 is slated to hit beta in late September and they've discontinued their three month sub until after subs resume, after 2.0 launches officially.

That being said there are two other options for subscription, depending on your particular gaming style.

I think you can still get it if you buy a 3-month subscription, instead of paying for 3 separate months.

I got mine a month ago by doing this, and I got it right away and not have to wait 2 or 3 months.

• coffeemug777coffeemug777 Member Posts: 1
    Originally posted by birdycephon

I think you can still get it if you buy a 3-month subscription, instead of paying for 3 separate months.

I got mine a month ago by doing this, and I got it right away and not have to wait 2 or 3 months.

Actually they already removed multi-month subcription, at least until they launched 2.0.

Subcription for now is just month to month.

• hail2dathiefhail2dathief Member UncommonPosts: 232
    So i have the game already and I have a couple of characters that i fooled around with for my free month after purchasing the game.  If i resub anytime soon and play those chars. prior to 2.0 will they carry over or since it's a whole new client do i lose them?  

• ZizouXZizouX Member Posts: 670
    Originally posted by hail2dathief
    So i have the game already and I have a couple of characters that i fooled around with for my free month after purchasing the game.  If i resub anytime soon and play those chars. prior to 2.0 will they carry over or since it's a whole new client do i lose them?  

yes

• FoomerangFoomerang Member UncommonPosts: 5,628

Man I don't even remember my login to that game lol. Guess I'll need to get in touch with support.