Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

GW2 Beta Guild: MMORPG.COM Community - Join us! (Please Read First Post)

1111213141517»

Comments

• InvaderBimInvaderBim Member Posts: 3
    Don't go to Maguuma, it would be a disaster with the Goon Squad guilds being on there.
  • MikeBMikeB Community ManagerAdministrator RarePosts: 6,555
    Originally posted by InvaderBim
    Don't go to Maguuma, it would be a disaster with the Goon Squad guilds being on there.

Don't think we have any plans to.

• BadSpockBadSpock Member UncommonPosts: 7,979

I'd like in on the MMORPG.com GW2 guild (NA)

Someone PM me with who I need to talk to?

• Netgamer7kNetgamer7k Member Posts: 62

Excuse me for my ignorance, but what makes Goon Squad so undesirable to be around? They can't be any worse than the Reddit or 4chan community (ugh).

Originally posted by BadSpock

I'd like in on the MMORPG.com GW2 guild (NA)

Someone PM me with who I need to talk to?

For now? Probably star and I. No worries. You'll be in! ;)

EDIT: Maybe DeaconX as well, if he's still up to it!

• AlotAlot Member Posts: 1,948

Originally posted by Netgamer7k
    Originally posted by InvaderBim Don't go to Maguuma, it would be a disaster with the Goon Squad guilds being on there.
    Excuse me for my ignorance, but what makes Goon Squad so undesirable to be around? They can't be any worse than the Reddit or 4chan community (ugh).

Well, let's just say that 90% of all the bad news you hear about EvE Online is about Goonsquad in some way.

• AlBQuirkyAlBQuirky Member EpicPosts: 7,432

So... has a server been picked yet? With the stress tests keeping our characters, some people (like me) have already chosen a server. Just kind of curious if I picked the right one :)

- Al

Personally the only modern MMORPG trend that annoys me is the idea that MMOs need to be designed in a way to attract people who don't actually like MMOs. Which to me makes about as much sense as someone trying to figure out a way to get vegetarians to eat at their steakhouse.
    - FARGIN_WAR

• KuppaKuppa Member UncommonPosts: 3,292
    Originally posted by AlBQuirky

So... has a server been picked yet? With the stress tests keeping our characters, some people (like me) have already chosen a server. Just kind of curious if I picked the right one :)

Wait what?! I thought stress test characters were getting wiped. 

Does anyone have an updated list of servers and guilds?

Originally posted by Kuppa
    Originally posted by AlBQuirky So... has a server been picked yet? With the stress tests keeping our characters, some people (like me) have already chosen a server. Just kind of curious if I picked the right one :)

I could be wrong :) I don't know if stress test servers and/or characters will be kept for launch. From reading some of the threads, I had gathered that the servers picked, at least, would be carried through to launch. I do hope I am wrong about this :) I just picked a random server! lol

- Al

Personally the only modern MMORPG trend that annoys me is the idea that MMOs need to be designed in a way to attract people who don't actually like MMOs. Which to me makes about as much sense as someone trying to figure out a way to get vegetarians to eat at their steakhouse.
    - FARGIN_WAR

• starstar Member Posts: 1,101
    Originally posted by AlBQuirky

Originally posted by Kuppa

Originally posted by AlBQuirky So... has a server been picked yet? With the stress tests keeping our characters, some people (like me) have already chosen a server. Just kind of curious if I picked the right one :)

I could be wrong :) I don't know if stress test servers and/or characters will be kept for launch. From reading some of the threads, I had gathered that the servers picked, at least, would be carried through to launch. I do hope I am wrong about this :) I just picked a random server! lol

They won't be :) Everything will be wiped prior to the 25th!

Originally posted by star
    They won't be :) Everything will be wiped prior to the 25th!
    whew! Thanks for the heads up :)

- Al

- FARGIN_WAR

• mCalvertmCalvert Member CommonPosts: 1,283
    Originally posted by Netgamer7k

Their goal in games is to make others unhappy. They do this through legal greifing, and sometimes illegal. For example, you can expect them to infiltrate other guilds with spies and destroy them from within. You can also expect them to lie, cheat and steal you out of your stuff. So long as its within the rules, fine. I just dont find it pleasent to be against them.

• vmopedvmoped Member Posts: 1,708

If the server has not been selected, maybe a poll for interested parties?  Over on the Reddit and Guru boards there is alot of talk about what guilds are likely going where based, in part, on the independent gw2 server site.  Some of the servers will apparently get alot of guilds.  If I had to choose, I would say Jade Quarry.  It has alot of smaller guilds planning to go there (DAoC vets especially).  Good luck deciding Mike!  Looking forward to hearing and joining! (that way I can stop trolling around here!)

Cheers!

MMO Vet since AOL Neverwinter Nights circa 1992. My MMO beat up your MMO. =S

• GrakulenGrakulen Staff WriterMMORPG.COM Staff LegendaryPosts: 894
    There is a poll thread stickied between Jade Quarry and Fort Aspenwood.
  • vmopedvmoped Member Posts: 1,708
    Originally posted by Grakulen
    There is a poll thread stickied between Jade Quarry and Fort Aspenwood.

Thanks mate!  I do have a bad habit of saving specific pages as favorites and foregoing the general tabs!  I am surprised its neck and neck between Fort Aspenwood and Jade Quarry!

Cheers!

MMO Vet since AOL Neverwinter Nights circa 1992. My MMO beat up your MMO. =S

Locking this now....new info soon! Stay tuned!
This discussion has been closed.