Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

DayZ: Player Driven Construction Hinted

SBFordSBFord Former Associate EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 33,129

Rock, Paper, Shotgun has a brief report from DayZ's Dean Hall and Marek Spanel. It seems that DayZ players will have the ability to create 'instanced buildings' that might include underground sanctuaries accessed through portals (i.e. a grate in the road, etc.).

Read more about the conversation at the link above.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

Comments

• palulalulapalulalula Member UncommonPosts: 651
    Well, that will be one good game from excelent arma mod
  • LusoriaLusoria Member Posts: 32
    Fantastic! Just what I've been waiting for, something to add a bit more meaning to survival. ^w^

Playing: LoL x3
    Played: RS, WoW, SWG, TR, Aion, AoC, EVE, SWTOR
    Watching: FireFall, GW2

• MahloMahlo Member UncommonPosts: 814
    How does it work exactly? Don't you just play until you die then have to start again? The lack of ongoing development put me off, but if there is some kind of development then I might be interested.
  • KaezKaez Member Posts: 80
    Do the zombies still bolt at mach 10 from across the map? If not then I'm in ;)
  • adderVXIadderVXI Member UncommonPosts: 727
    Originally posted by Kaez

The last time i played i started with no gun.  Given this change i figured i better sneak into a area with structures.  I didnt get 15 feet and bam, 5 zombies, being unarmed i died like a b*tch.  Repeated that plan at different locations about 4 times and gave up.  The zombies come through fences, walls and are going the speed of light.  Its totally possible i just suck and dont know how to punch...

Government is not reason; it is not eloquent; it is force. Like fire, it is a dangerous servant and a fearful master.

George Washington

• GruntiesGrunties Member Posts: 859
    Originally posted by Kaez

I noticed a distinct change in zombie movement with the last patch. They still run but they move a lot more smoothly and don't zig zag quite like they used to. In fact there were a few times I actually mistook a zombie running for a player running, just because they were so much more similar.

Waiting for: A skill-based MMO with Freedom and Consequence.
    Woe to thee, the pierce-ed.

• TwitchnTwitchn Member Posts: 33

Ahh yes something else to get hacked :(

• renadirenadi Member Posts: 19
    Originally posted by Mahlo
    How does it work exactly? Don't you just play until you die then have to start again? The lack of ongoing development put me off, but if there is some kind of development then I might be interested.

this is exactly why I didn't buy Arma for this game, it looked interesting but until you can actual gain something with your survival I'd not enjoy it.

well, also fast zombies don't interest me.

• OzmodanOzmodan Member EpicPosts: 9,726
    Originally posted by Twitchn

Ahh yes something else to get hacked :(

Agree.

• TimeBanditBGTimeBanditBG Member UncommonPosts: 14
    Soon The WarZ will be in beta...