Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Rift: Subscribe for a Year, Get Storm Legion for Free

2»

Comments

• palulalulapalulalula Member UncommonPosts: 651
    It will be great i am sure. Game looks now really amazing and with new expansion it will be awesome but why for heaven not one single subscrption based game never give expansion for free. Maybe wow can afford this but rest of teams make huge mistake with this
  • dolgran8dolgran8 Member Posts: 8

This offer is not for those that mainly interested in the expansion, this is for those who would consider and buy a long-term subscription anyway. It is a really nice gift to these people, offering their expansion basically for free with even special ingame rewards.

Normal Expansion Offers (normal, ce, etc) will of course come later for the rest of the people.

In this offer, the focus is on the subscription not on the expansion.

• TheocritusTheocritus Member LegendaryPosts: 9,751
        I don't know whether to look at this as a nice gesture for rewarding customers, or a desperate plea to try and hold onto customers......With a years sub they are going to make more money than they would have just selling the expansion alone, and most people would only play 1-3 months after buying the expansion....ANymore it just seems like a total waste of money to commit a full year sub to any MMO, regardless of the perks.
  • LeucentLeucent Member Posts: 2,371
    Originally posted by mCalvert
    A subscription should pay for all content.

Good god, why not support a game. It takes time and money to make them. If you pay for a year, which I do, I m getting the x pac a title and a mount for $20.00.

If you can t afford that, you shouldn t be playing MMOs at all.

• WarcannibalWarcannibal Member Posts: 24
    Originally posted by teakbois
    Originally posted by Lyrisius
    This is not an update, it's a expansion that EXPANDS the RIft world and more than triples the size of the world.

PR hype, nobody knows if this is actually true or not yet.

http://www.gametrailers.com/videos/c17gnn/rift-gc-2012--storm-legion-walkthrough--cam-

"The game world of Rift has tripled in size since launch as of the Storm Legion update! Dive into the new areas and story with this Walkthrough from gamescom 2012! (11:59)"

"GW2 is the Methadone to WoWs Heroin."

• itgrowlsitgrowls Member Posts: 2,951

I liked Rift for the most part (until the endless expensive top gear grind (top gear outside of raids that is) to get the currency just to buy one piece it was amazingly long drawn out. 

I like Trion and commend them for their current model of churning out lots of content without the need for an expansion, they actually use their sub money constructively.

But i feel i have to point out the flaw of the sub, the reason why this was done was just like the WoW annual pass, to maintain subs and sub money. Once Subs are removed from the equation, companies become much more honest (so long as their F2P model isn't SOE's/SWTOR).

• itgrowlsitgrowls Member Posts: 2,951
    Originally posted by Warcannibal
    Originally posted by teakbois
    Originally posted by Lyrisius
    This is not an update, it's a expansion that EXPANDS the RIft world and more than triples the size of the world.

PR hype, nobody knows if this is actually true or not yet.

http://www.gametrailers.com/videos/c17gnn/rift-gc-2012--storm-legion-walkthrough--cam-

"The game world of Rift has tripled in size since launch as of the Storm Legion update! Dive into the new areas and story with this Walkthrough from gamescom 2012! (11:59)"

Oh no it's definitely not hype. Rift devs don't need hype.