Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Eyefinity users , any issues ?

LifeEnderLifeEnder Member UncommonPosts: 45

Thought about dropping the hammer on the pre order today to check out the stress test .

Any Eyefinity users run into any issues with this game  ? Cutscenes , maps , UI scaleing or other issues ?

Comments

• VaporsVapors Member UncommonPosts: 407

when is the next stress test?

• FirnwindFirnwind Member UncommonPosts: 25

Running around ingame works fine with Eyefinity, but you will get severe scaling issues in the character creation and cutscenes, where you might want to switch to windowmode (alt+enter) and switch back to fullscreen afterward. 

Not perfect but the switching method works fast and fine and so personally, I will play Guild Wars 2 in eyefinity.

PS: And as at the moment you geht some UI Issues like the chatwindow that can be resized but only positioned in one of the four screen corners you which might also be a minor problem for some.

• VaporsVapors Member UncommonPosts: 407
    lol 3 hours only today
  • LifeEnderLifeEnder Member UncommonPosts: 45
    Originally posted by Firnwind

Running around ingame works fine with Eyefinity, but you will get severe scaling issues in the character creation and cutscenes, where you might want to switch to windowmode (alt+enter) and switch back to fullscreen afterward. 

Not perfect but the switching method works fast and fine and so personally, I will play Guild Wars 2 in eyefinity.

PS: And as at the moment you geht some UI Issues like the chatwindow that can be resized but only positioned in one of the four screen corners you which might also be a minor problem for some.

Cool thanks for the info .

• sammandarsammandar Member Posts: 523
    Originally posted by Vapors
    lol 3 hours only today

12pm to 4pm (pacific time) is 4 hrs, not 3 hrs

"We will be conducting a stress test tomorrow Wednesday, August 15 from 12:00 Noon PACIFIC Time to 4:00 PM PACIFIC Time." - GW2 Facebook page

• MosesZDMosesZD Member UncommonPosts: 1,361
    Originally posted by LifeEnder

Thought about dropping the hammer on the pre order today to check out the stress test .

Any Eyefinity users run into any issues with this game  ? Cutscenes , maps , UI scaleing or other issues ?

I've seen people post in game YouTube videos of it.   Same with the NVidia equivalent.    Never done it myself so I don't know how hard it is.

• ariboersmaariboersma Member Posts: 1,802
    Originally posted by Vapors
    lol 3 hours only today

4 ;) 

• encopittencopitt Member UncommonPosts: 36

Like Firnwind said, The scaling is all horizontal, so in cutscenes/ char creation, etc... the top and bottom thirds of your screen is cut off. Makes it virtually impossible to customize your character during creation, but the ALT+Enter trick to switch to windowed mode will work.

I've noticed some graphic anomalies like the ability to see beyond walls on secondary monitors if you're right next to them, and then tab targeting being a pain in PvP as you'll cycle through every visible foe (which on eyefinity with 3 23" monitors is basically a 160 degree FoV)

That and the aforementioned UI constraints are an annoyance, but other than that though, the game is totally playable.

• ZezdaZezda Member UncommonPosts: 686

I recommend playing the game until you are familiar with the UI elements on a single monitor before moving on to all 3.

The only scaling issues I noticed was for character creation and cutscenes. It wasn't too bad at 5280x1050, better than a lot of other games I have seen. Actual in game graphics were fine and I didn't have any issues that made me wish I was just playing on the single monitor.

I uploaded a ton of screenshots to this folder here from the third beta weekend > http://minus.com/m1rrBateo/1L

Originally posted by Zezda

I recommend playing the game until you are familiar with the UI elements on a single monitor before moving on to all 3.

The only scaling issues I noticed was for character creation and cutscenes. It wasn't too bad at 5280x1050, better than a lot of other games I have seen. Actual in game graphics were fine and I didn't have any issues that made me wish I was just playing on the single monitor.

I uploaded a ton of screenshots to this folder here from the third beta weekend > http://minus.com/m1rrBateo/1L

Worked out well In portrait mode with 5 monitors . I tried it with 3 in landscape for about an hour and like someone said earlier cutscenes i had to tab in and out in window mode.

Great game though , cant wait til early access starts.

• rykim86rykim86 Member Posts: 236

Stress tests are for those who pre-purchase (paid in full).  Pre-orders don't have access to stress tests.

Originally posted by rykim86

Thought about dropping the hammer on the pre order today to check out the stress test . Any Eyefinity users run into any issues with this game  ? Cutscenes , maps , UI scaleing or other issues ?  

Stress tests are for those who pre-purchase (paid in full).  Pre-orders don't have access to stress tests.

Yes and it was 60 Bucks well spent. Solid game.