Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Wednesday Stress Test August 15!

Comments

• lilHealalilHeala Member UncommonPosts: 522
    Originally posted by Calven

How do you participate? I've prepurchased the game though I won't recieve a game code until launch.. Is the stress test free for all to try or do you need something?

That must be a pre Order then and not a pre Purchase. With a pre purchase you get and register the code immediately when you create an account and that's all you need to do to have access to the stress tests and (headstart) launch.

• seridanseridan Member UncommonPosts: 1,202
    Originally posted by lilHeala
    Originally posted by Thornz2000

Fukn BS... they had had the past 2 now when I am working.

Why not 4pm to 8pm PST?

How can u have a stress test when most the ppl on the west coast are still at work?

*sigh that again. There's also other parts in the world like the continent of europe that probably has more players than the west coast and is more viable for a stress test. Just like (at least at some point, not sure if consistent through it slifetime so far) there was a larger EU fanbase than NA fanbase for the original GW.

Maybe they do the stress test at that time because Anet employees will also be at work (working hours for them)?

Maybe because they will be actively working on the game during the stress test (and that can be done easily during working hours for them)?

Block the trolls, don't answer them, so we can remove the garbage from these forums

Originally posted by seridan
    Originally posted by lilHeala

Why not 4pm to 8pm PST?

How can u have a stress test when most the ppl on the west coast are still at work?

*sigh that again. There's also other parts in the world like the continent of europe that probably has more players than the west coast and is more viable for a stress test. Just like (at least at some point, not sure if consistent through it slifetime so far) there was a larger EU fanbase than NA fanbase for the original GW.

Maybe they do the stress test at that time because Anet employees will also be at work (working hours for them)?

Maybe because they will be actively working on the game during the stress test (and that can be done easily during working hours for them)?

Yup that's likely one of the determining factors. But I was more replying to the arrogance of the poster I quoted that there can't be a viable stress test if the west coast inhabitants are at work.

• CalvenCalven Member Posts: 151
    Cheers. I assume that Pre Purchases are limited to the Guild Wars site alone? And there are no other ways to get into the stress test?
  • VirgoThreeVirgoThree Member UncommonPosts: 1,198
    Cheers. I assume that Pre Purchases are limited to the Guild Wars site alone? And there are no other ways to get into the stress test?

I pre-purchased through gamestop. I've been able to access all the BWE's and stress tests so It seems to be just as good as the pre-purchase from the main site.

Now as to why I pre-purchased through them I'm not quite sure....I'm thinking it was when the digital copies were taken out of stock on the main site?? Oh well the reason why I added that last line is because I generally avoid gamestop.

Stress tests are limited to prepurchasers only, no other way to get in. Select retail partners as listed per country on buy.guildwars2.com also have the prepurchase. Most of those have both prepurchase and pre-order though so you'll have to be careful which one to pick. It should still be possible to cancel your pre-order and do a pre-purchase instead and also some retailers allow an upgrade to prepurchase if you pay them the full amount of the pre-order but I would check that first. Other advantage is prepurchase gives 3 days headstart and pre-order only 1 day so if sure you're going to play it you might as well swap to prepurchase.

• The_KorriganThe_Korrigan Member RarePosts: 3,459

I sometime wonder what they are testing...

The servers, or our stress from waiting for August 25... image

Respect, walk, what did you say?
    Respect, walk
    Are you talkin' to me? Are you talkin' to me?
    - PANTERA at HELLFEST 2023
    Yes, they are back !

• Bah, I have to work late.  Gonna totally miss it /cry
  • sammandarsammandar Member Posts: 523
    Originally posted by The_Korrigan

I sometime wonder what they are testing...

The servers, or our stress from waiting for August 25... image

Most definitely our stress from waiting haha

• GruntiesGrunties Member Posts: 859
    Originally posted by Buttski

Why not 4pm to 8pm PST?

you know, world is not just all west coast... americans... pfff... *rolleyes*

West coasters work? I thought all they did was party.

Don't sweat it though... real Americans live on the east coast anyway ;)

Waiting for: A skill-based MMO with Freedom and Consequence.
    Woe to thee, the pierce-ed.

• gessekai332gessekai332 Member UncommonPosts: 861
    Pretty irritating. Can never go to these because of normal work hours.

Most memorable games: AoC(Tryanny PvP), RIFT, GW, GW2, Ragnarok Online, Aion, FFXI, FFXIV, Secret World, League of Legends (Silver II rank)

• Originally posted by Thornz2000

Why not 4pm to 8pm PST?

I don't think it's really a "stress" test because most of the time I don't see many people running around the game world and I don't remember ever being put on an overflow server.  I suspect it's them tweaking the servers, network, etc.  So it only makes sense that they would hold it during the hours that the Anet staff is in the office.

• MercAngelMercAngel Member Posts: 204
    Originally posted by Sixpax

Why not 4pm to 8pm PST?

I don't think it's really a "stress" test because most of the time I don't see many people running around the game world and I don't remember ever being put on an overflow server.  I suspect it's them tweaking the servers, network, etc.  So it only makes sense that they would hold it during the hours that the Anet staff is in the office.

it is a stress test for the login unlike the BEW where they turn the server on an hour or 2 before the time with the Stress test they turn the server on right on time and you get a burst of players all loging in at the same time becus you know 5 mins before the start time evey one is clicking logon

• BijouBijou Member UncommonPosts: 145

And it's my birthday today! Thank you ArenaNet! Best gift ever! :D

• LostarLostar Member UncommonPosts: 891
    Originally posted by Bijou

Happy Birthday!

• BijouBijou Member UncommonPosts: 145

Originally posted by Lucrecia
    Happy Birthday!

Aw, thank you! :)

• clumsytoes44clumsytoes44 Member UncommonPosts: 463

Happy B-day :)

• TdogSkalTdogSkal Member UncommonPosts: 1,244

Happy Birthday.

On topic -  Who else thinks that we might get a weekend "Stress" test this weekend now with the Blizzard news and it being the last weekend before early access?  I am thinking (wishing more like it) that they open up the servers this weekend for one last major stress test to make sure they are ready for two weekends from now.

Well one can dream right?

Sooner or Later

• xalvixalvi Member Posts: 329
    Originally posted by TdogSkal

Happy Birthday.

On topic -  Who else thinks that we might get a weekend "Stress" test this weekend now with the Blizzard news and it being the last weekend before early access?  I am thinking (wishing more like it) that they open up the servers this weekend for one last major stress test to make sure they are ready for two weekends from now.

They already countered blizzard news by making this stress test, so there could be more hype and people minds will be on GW2 rather than WoW. They also announced launch time and servers.

Try better blizzard.

• LostarLostar Member UncommonPosts: 891
    Originally posted by xalvi

Happy Birthday.

They already countered blizzard news by making this stress test, so there could be more hype and people minds will be on GW2 rather than WoW. They also announced launch time and servers.

Try better blizzard.

Arenanet also countered Blizzard by making Guild Wars 2.

• xalvixalvi Member Posts: 329
    Originally posted by Lucrecia

Happy Birthday.

Try better blizzard.

Arenanet also countered Blizzard by making Guild Wars 2.

LOL

True story. I shouldve said that from the start :(

• TdogSkalTdogSkal Member UncommonPosts: 1,244

Happy Birthday.

Try better blizzard.

Where is the announcement for launch time and servers?  I have not seen it.   Also I cannot figure out how the forums work over at Guild wars 2, maybe I am just dumb but normally this is not an issue.

Sooner or Later

• GruntiesGrunties Member Posts: 859

Happy Birthday.

Try better blizzard.

Where is the announcement for launch time and servers?  I have not seen it.   Also I cannot figure out how the forums work over at Guild wars 2, maybe I am just dumb but normally this is not an issue.

http://www.mmorpg.com/discussion2.cfm/thread/360627/Guild-Wars-2-Launch-Times-Game-Worlds-Announced.html

Waiting for: A skill-based MMO with Freedom and Consequence.
    Woe to thee, the pierce-ed.

• FaulknerFaulkner Member UncommonPosts: 108

I am filled with anger, as I will be working lol.  Happy gaming to all of you stress testing...lol..Jk

Faulkner

• MercAngelMercAngel Member Posts: 204

Happy Birthday.

Try better blizzard.

there are no forums yet they put the up for when a test is going one then take them back down after the test and delete all the post