It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!
I'm seeing a lot of misinformation being posted on this site regarding Vanguard's F2P model.
- NO, you don't have to pay money to wear ALL gear, just yellow / orange gear (read: raid drops, rare armor, or stuff like hunter's league armor and weapons which take a week or so to get). This kind of gear is HARD to come accross until the later levels, and at that point you should be invested enough to either sub, or tough it out til the end for raid drops and pay the freakin 10$ for a game you've played to level cap for FREE.
- NO, it is not as buggy as people are saying. I honestly don't know how people are getting such atrocious performance. I'm running a single geforce 460 GTX SE with 8gb RAM and a 3.3ghz dual-core AMD Phenom. I'm running off of a horrible AT&T U-verse connection. At maxed settings I get no hitching, lagging, rubberbanding, or anything of that sort.
- The purpose of Vanguard is NOT like other MMOs. You "veteran MMO players" who keep complaining about games not being worlds in which ti immerse yourselves anymore, why do you suddenly turn around and say "what good is a world to explore if I can't wear my raid armor?" Do you have ANY idea how long it takes to get to max level? Bringing me to my next point.
- This is NOT a game that starts at level cap. Gameplay in VG starts at level 1. Progression is one of the best elements in this game, combined with three different spheres in which to grow (you can do any and all of them if you want): crafting, diplomacy, and normal adventuring. I have been playing on and off for three years and I'm still only level 31 on my current toon. My old toon on Xeth was wiped out when he was level 28.
- Housing and boats rely on crafters, and crafting in this game is FAR beyond any other game's system, even EQ2.
- No progression spheres are locked out to a free player. Want to be a level 50 craftsman? Go nuts. Want to run around Telon with a poofy hat and gold-tipped cane as a diplomat? start talking. Want to kill things til level 50? you know what to do.
- Vanguard offers the ENTIRE game map and quest content for free. Nothing is cut off, and Vanguard has one of the biggest land masses in MMO history. Rent a flying mount at a starter zone and you'll very quickly understand what I am talking about.
- Housing is reserved for Gold members for a simple reason: There are a LIMITED number of plots for players to buy and settle on. if you offered housing free for everyone, Telon would run out of housing plots very quickly. Yes, housing and guild halls are persistent, not instanced, and exist in the game world. For example, I have a house right on the other side of a level 30 dungeon in Qalia.
- Boats and mounts are FOR EVERYONE. You do NOT have to buy a boat in the cash shop, since a lot of crafters also make them. Granted, it might be expensive in in-game gold but you still don't have to pay for it. Mounts are very cheap at early levels.
- The community in Vanguard is, bar none, the best I have ever seen. You never see someone getting blasted or told "just google it" in main chat. People are helpful.