Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Server Que's allready?????

2»

Comments

• KrossliteKrosslite Member Posts: 317
    Originally posted by Honner
    Originally posted by Nitth

Ok, so technically even with "overflow servers" there is a finite number of connections possible

ie: The 'overflow servers' can "fill".

Therefore it is possible to have ques is it not?

I know there may be several overflow servers, but I don't know if there is a limit to overflow servers. CAN SOMEONE ANSWER THIS!?!?!?

I know from personal experience there is up to three tiers. I was in the third one for a while when I went to the Asura area in the last BWE

A MMO is like life. It is something to cherish and enjoy upon in it journey. So why race to the end of it. In life at the end you die.

• AeliousAelious Member RarePosts: 3,521
    Originally posted by Honner
    Originally posted by Nitth

Ok, so technically even with "overflow servers" there is a finite number of connections possible

ie: The 'overflow servers' can "fill".

Therefore it is possible to have ques is it not?

I know there may be several overflow servers, but I don't know if there is a limit to overflow servers. CAN SOMEONE ANSWER THIS!?!?!?

I do, but I'm not telling!

This may be why ANet could open the servers up prior to 00:00 PST on the 25th.

https://www.guildwars2.com/en/news/the-final-countdown-guild-wars-2-launch-times/

To start the spreading out of peoples I assume they will be open at least three hours early, at least I hope so.

• JustsomenoobJustsomenoob Member UncommonPosts: 880

Overflow servers kick ass.   You meet all sorts of people on them hehe

Only thing that might be a problem is joining WvWvW if it's really crowded.   I assume they'll raise the caps for that on release but by how much, who knows.

Course you can queue for that too so you can go do some hot join pvp while you wait or something ;)

In the meantime, overflow servers can handle the short term "can't play cuz I'm in a 2 hour queue" thing.   At least they can adjust based on data they see from that and slowly add 1 new server if needed...then one more etc.    Or maybe not at all depending on what it looks like.

• majimaji Member UncommonPosts: 2,091

Login queues are most often created artificially and on purpose by the developers. They're giving players the feeilng of beeing part of something huge.

Imagine there beeing server queues on the launch of SWTOR but not on GW2. Players would assume, that this would be the case, because SWTOR would have far more players at launch. Since this is not the way the developers like the players to think, they create server queues.

Let's play Fallen Earth (blind, 300 episodes)

Let's play Guild Wars 2 (blind, 45 episodes)

• MikeJezZMikeJezZ Member UncommonPosts: 1,267
    My only concern is that far shiverpeaks probably gets full at 25th where I'm gonna play, but I fear that my mates might not be able to join August 28 due to server full
  • radagast777radagast777 Member Posts: 80
    Originally posted by MikeJezZ
    My only concern is that far shiverpeaks probably gets full at 25th where I'm gonna play, but I fear that my mates might not be able to join August 28 due to server full

They are going to have free server transfers for the first week.

• NeferaNefera Member Posts: 426
    During beta weekends, servers often were full at prime time but not at very early mornings our late nights. So you can advice your friends to try create their characters on the server during quiet hours.
  • Method01Method01 Member UncommonPosts: 128
    What was the idea behind this post?
  • Loke666Loke666 Member EpicPosts: 21,441
    Originally posted by Aerowyn
    well overflows don't help the WvWvW only types... luckily I'm not one of those types though:)

Well, it kinda does since there will be WvWvW overflow servers as well, so you can either wait or play with random people from other servers. Not perfect but still beats being forced to wait, and even people deciding to wait should have shorter waiting since some people will prefer to just play right now.

• NasaNasa Member UncommonPosts: 739
    Originally posted by Loke666
    well overflows don't help the WvWvW only types... luckily I'm not one of those types though:)

Well, it kinda does since there will be WvWvW overflow servers as well, so you can either wait or play with random people from other servers. Not perfect but still beats being forced to wait, and even people deciding to wait should have shorter waiting since some people will prefer to just play right now.

Im quite sure there is no WvW overflow servers. Please link if im wrong.

• Grimrist000Grimrist000 Member Posts: 82
    i'm gonna take a guess that overflow servers work just like GW1's "districts". when a district, or in this case, overflow server, gets filled, another is created to put more people in them. the game being built up on a modified engine GW1 uses, i think there's a good chance they work the same way.
  • frestonfreston Member UncommonPosts: 503
    Originally posted by Badaboom
    take advice from someone spouting misinformation?  No thanks.

He meant well and he apologized. 

• DanitaKusorDanitaKusor Member UncommonPosts: 556

The Enlightened take things Lightly

• AerowynAerowyn Member Posts: 7,928
    Originally posted by Loke666

No WvW in overflows unless they changed it for launch but previously they had said there would be no WvW in overflows

I angered the clerk in a clothing shop today. She asked me what size I was and I said actual, because I am not to scale. I like vending machines 'cause snacks are better when they fall. If I buy a candy bar at a store, oftentimes, I will drop it... so that it achieves its maximum flavor potential. --Mitch Hedberg

• AerowynAerowyn Member Posts: 7,928
    Oops double post

I angered the clerk in a clothing shop today. She asked me what size I was and I said actual, because I am not to scale. I like vending machines 'cause snacks are better when they fall. If I buy a candy bar at a store, oftentimes, I will drop it... so that it achieves its maximum flavor potential. --Mitch Hedberg

• KostKost Member CommonPosts: 1,975
    Originally posted by itsbigmike
    someone hasnt been paying any attention to the game whatsoever......

• KostKost Member CommonPosts: 1,975
    Originally posted by Badaboom
    take advice from someone spouting misinformation?  No thanks.

Welcome to MMORPG.com

• JoeyMMOJoeyMMO Member UncommonPosts: 1,326
    Originally posted by Phaleg31

*snip

This happens with every MMO every time. People start complaining because they can't access the game immediately, start posting in the forums, the dev starts taking measures and BOOM, 3 months later, people are crying about servers with no population...

*snip*

Well, as you know by now, GW2 isn't just any MMO. ArenaNet's a step ahead of the game and has foreseen overflow servers to keep you entertained until you can enter the actual server. Any PvE progress you make on the overflow servers is transferred to the actual server. So only WvWvW won't be available when you're not on the actual server.

No need for drama.

imageimage