Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

You are the minority

13»

Comments

• arctarusarctarus Member UncommonPosts: 2,581
    Originally posted by SuprGamerX

The minority are the loyals to their game , the rest are just jumping from MMO release to MMO release , which in this case is the majority. 

FatBastard out.

Allow me to say no.

Alot of mmo players is looking for a new home, looking at the the numbers of players that have bought War/Aoc 1mil plus? Swtor 2.4 mil etc..

Problem is these games dont hold their attention, these games have fall short of their expectations...

RIP Orc Choppa

• WeretigarWeretigar Member UncommonPosts: 600
    Originally posted by WhiteLantern
    Originally posted by Icewhite
    Originally posted by Vunak23

Im just gonna leave you with a few quotes:

Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results ~ Albert Einstein

~~~~

Most people will attribute this quote to Albert Einstein but there is no evidence to suggest that he made this statement (it's also attributed to Ben Franklin, for example).  Also, Rita Mae Brown in her book Sudden Death on Pg. 68 from 1983.

Doesn't make any difference, just noting that it's a partial chunk of an urban legend that's growing with constant reposting(s) on the internet.  Poor Dead Albert has several urban myth misquotes tacked to his name now.

The internet is why I have to pass most of my emails through Snopes.com to filter out the B.S.

Einstien made space flat like the East tried to make the world. Hopefully one day somone will be brave enough to reach for the speed of light. 

Just like hopefully somone so in love with thier mmo will realize it needs help.

• UOvetUOvet Member Posts: 514

Well, the minority is what keeps games like EVE going strong and why you see games like SWTOR fail. The "minority" refuses to pay 15 a month and sees F2P being a good thing. The minority doesn't jump MMOs like carnival rides.

Why?

With F2P your game has to be good. Nobody is going to spend money on  shitty game. No more are the days of 60 dollar cash grabs (think D3) and the game turns out to  be shit and you wait months for patche, etc

So, really the majority is killing the genre. This is why you see MMOs how they are now, and why they all go F2P within months. This is also why you are seeing people talk more about sandbox.

• nariusseldonnariusseldon Member EpicPosts: 27,775
    Originally posted by SuprGamerX

The minority are the loyals to their game , the rest are just jumping from MMO release to MMO release , which in this case is the majority. 

FatBastard out.

It depends on the number. If there are only 100 people loyal to my game, i woud MUCH prefer 2000 players pay my game for a month, leave and 2000 other players join.

• HrimnirHrimnir Member RarePosts: 2,415
    Originally posted by 7star
    Originally posted by ZekkCC
    Being in a minority isn't exactly difficult and doesn't really mean anything.  The majority usually seems to be ignorant and foolish.  Just my thoughts.

Yes, the spectacle of humanity...

One scary thing is that there are people who believe that humans are the pinnacle of God's creation.

It would be even scarier if this were true.

Technically, if you look at it from a biological and evolutionary standpoint, humans are the "pinnacle" of creation.  That doesnt mean we're so superior to other animals that we shouldnt fear some of them.  But, the fact that we could easily wipe out any animal we pretty much choose on a whim speaks volumes.

"The surest way to corrupt a youth is to instruct him to hold in higher esteem those who think alike than those who think differently."

- Friedrich Nietzsche

• VesaviusVesavius Member RarePosts: 7,908
    Originally posted by Hrimnir
    Being in a minority isn't exactly difficult and doesn't really mean anything.  The majority usually seems to be ignorant and foolish.  Just my thoughts.

One scary thing is that there are people who believe that humans are the pinnacle of God's creation.

Technically, if you look at it from a biological and evolutionary standpoint, humans are the "pinnacle" of creation.  That doesnt mean we're so superior to other animals that we shouldnt fear some of them.  But, the fact that we could easily wipe out any animal we pretty much choose on a whim speaks volumes.

Tell that to cockroaches and rats!

• TrionicusTrionicus Member UncommonPosts: 498
    Originally posted by Vesavius
    Originally posted by Hrimnir

Tell that to cockroaches and rats!

We could, but it would be more like mutual destruction.

• dreamscaperdreamscaper Member UncommonPosts: 1,592
    Originally posted by clbembry

I see so many people complaining about how ruined the genre is. It's not. The average MMO gamer isn't on the forums complaining. They're just enjoying the game.

Bembry out.

Since I'm perfectly happy with the games I'm playing right now, does that mean I'm not in the minority?

<3

• Atlan99Atlan99 Member UncommonPosts: 1,332
    Originally posted by ste2000

Sorry, you are wrong.

Numbers talk more than words, and numbers say that apart for few exceptions the majority of MMO have risible numbers of active player, more precisely, players who spend money on the game.

The majority you talk about, are not MMO players, but normal casual players who jump from MMO to MMO as if they were single player games, players who generally do no spend any money on the games except for the price of the box/client.

MMO Publishers do not really care about those, because they will buy every new MMO coming out (doesn't even matter the quality).

They are more interested in those people who are willing to spend money on a MMO but that for various reasons don't, mainly for lack of decent MMOs to play, that's why they whine so much.

Nice so people that play mmo's are casuals and those that don't play mmo's, but play the forum bitching game are mmo players. That about sum up your arguement?

• paroxysmparoxysm Member Posts: 437
    Originally posted by arctarus.

And they vote with their wallets...

Not enough do or do so too late.  The bean counters still look at the initial buys and overall amount of money made.  They don't really care about popular opinion.  When they base everything they do on figures, it will take a monumental shift to make them ask the simple "why?".  People buy and preorder and then say "Damn...you fooled me again...It'll be the last...ooh..what's that you have for sale...it's shiny!" 

What kills me the most about the whole Vocal Minority thing is, how they treat their own forums.  The LET it be a hostile place.  They let trolls and meme spammers run wild.  They give information to sites like Twitter or Facebook that shows up on their official forums days later.  And then they wonder why people avoid it.  So, you have people that quit and never posted on the forums.  Enter the cancel reason box and it's catagories.  Instead of just asking why, they put in certain hot topics and an other option.  The other option leading to a box for you to type your own words.  And what do they do there, greatly limit it's size.  Your only other option is email.  Frankly, how many will take the time to write an email they know won't be fully read if they wouldn't take the time to post issues on the forums.  Most will just pick one of the hot topic reasons that fits the most and be done with it.  But, it may nothing to do with what really caused them to quit.

They do it to themselves.  For all the posturing and disputing they do about the subject, their actions speak the truth.

They have a direct line to converse with their customers and they squander it.  They detest it.  They verbally condemn it.  They belittle the people who post there.  They delete topics they don't like.  They play innocent until faced with undisputeable proof.  They don't moderate it worth a ****.  They do it to themselves. 

And, in the end, they get frustrated when people quit without saying why.