Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Games like Xsyon, Minecraft, Stranded 2, Wurm online

I'm looking for any games out there that I may be missing that are along the lines of Xsyon, MInecraft, Stranded 2, Wurm online, etc.  I haven't actually played Xsyon yet but it looks like exactly what I'm looking for; however, I'm not yet ready to fork over 40 bux plus a subscription fee for a game that is in beta.  I'm looking for survival/crafting type games where ultimately I'm able to mess with my surroundings, maybe even do some housing, etc.  Thanks for all of your suggestions!

Comments

• CastillleCastillle Member UncommonPosts: 2,679
    Terraria, Starbound, Cube World.

''/\/\'' Posted using Iphone bunni
    ( o.o)
    (")(")
    **This bunny was cloned from bunnies belonging to Gobla and is part of the Quizzical Fanclub and the The Marvelously Meowhead Fan Club**

• ChadderCheezChadderCheez Member Posts: 5

Thank you for your reply; however, after researching a few of the games you listed I'm having a hard time finding any availability or even in open beta stages.

• lqw6843128lqw6843128 Member UncommonPosts: 40
    Haven and Hearth
  • matcatmatcat Member UncommonPosts: 136
    Terraria is available, the other 2 are not.  I think Starbound is due out in a couple months.  However, Terraria isn't an mmo.  You can host/join a server if you want though.  It's also a side scroll type game.  It is good, and if you haven't played it, I'd recommend it with a couple other people it's pretty fun.  Salem might be similar to what you are looking for.  I'm in the beta but I can't get myself to leave the initial area.  Log in and I'm like, nope,  heh.  But you may like it.
    Thanks Mistafist.  I've been keeping my eye on Salem as well.  I was hoping to get into beta
  • matcatmatcat Member UncommonPosts: 136

I think I have a couple extra keys for Salem that were sent to a couple other of my emails.  I dunno if they are linked to those emails but I could give you one if you want and you could try it?  I have no use for em so.  Worth a try maybe?

*edit* I gave my 2 keys away as a heads up.  Sorry I don't have any more.

• HodoHodo Member Posts: 542

Starquest Online

Salem

Repopulation

Thats about it for now. 

So much crap, so little quality.

Thanks for the other suggestions people...Mista..That'd be great!  I'll send you a PM.  Thanks!
  • LookinojiLookinoji Member CommonPosts: 27
    Should check out Mortal Online
  • IchmenIchmen Member UncommonPosts: 1,228
    planet explorer... its in alpha right now, is vortex'ed so you can deconstruct the land (aka minecraft style stuff) and build stuff.. with monsters.  though they have a long way to go  its not a bad game... plans are for a coop/mp of it  not really an mmo though if thats what you are looking for :/
  • zevni78zevni78 Member UncommonPosts: 1,146

A Tale in the Desert? Dawntide?

I'm waiting for Archeage for my sandbox fix, that and possibly Wildstar, (we still dont know how much sand that box will have yet) not survival, but for that Dayz is good so they say.

• wungunwungun Member Posts: 67

I would suggest Perpetuum, It's a robot sci-fi MMO game that's simillar to EVE because like EVE, the world of Perpetumm is run by player corps. Even the combat is exactly like EVE.

It's a sandbox game with a background story, It's quite good.