Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Server Que's allready?????

Phaleg31Phaleg31 Member Posts: 32

A bit of advice............

Since there are only so many servers at launch, YOU WILL HAVE Que's to get into the server to play.

IF YOU START COMPLAINING AND CRYING ON THE FORUMS FORCING THEM TO OPEN NEW SERVERS, IN 2/3 MONTHS TIME, MANY SERVERS WILL BE A BARREN WASTELAND......

This happens with every MMO every time. People start complaining because they can't access the game immediately, start posting in the forums, the dev starts taking measures and BOOM, 3 months later, people are crying about servers with no population...

You have been warned....:)

Comments

• clumsytoes44clumsytoes44 Member UncommonPosts: 463
    Overflow server's duh!
  • RamanadjinnRamanadjinn Member UncommonPosts: 1,365

err.. gw2 doesn't have server queues.

they have overflow servers.

• donpopukidonpopuki Member Posts: 591
    Overflow servers. There will be no ques. You fail.
  • itsbigmikeitsbigmike Member Posts: 86
    someone hasnt been paying any attention to the game whatsoever......

twitch.tv/boonmackle

• AerowynAerowyn Member Posts: 7,928
    well overflows don't help the WvWvW only types... luckily I'm not one of those types though:)

I angered the clerk in a clothing shop today. She asked me what size I was and I said actual, because I am not to scale. I like vending machines 'cause snacks are better when they fall. If I buy a candy bar at a store, oftentimes, I will drop it... so that it achieves its maximum flavor potential. --Mitch Hedberg

• MithrandolirMithrandolir Member UncommonPosts: 1,701
    Thankfully, ArenaNet is one step ahead :)
  • Phaleg31Phaleg31 Member Posts: 32

Well if thats the case then no worries.....

Hope you guys have fun!

• sk8chalifsk8chalif Member UncommonPosts: 666
    they only have queues in wvw. i  could not even play in any wvw  map during stress test because there was to many people in lol

~The only opinion that matters is your own.Everything else is just advice,~

• Grimrist000Grimrist000 Member Posts: 82
    i can see what ur trying to do, and thx, but there are overflow servers that let u play while waiting to get into ur own server. :)
  • BadaboomBadaboom Member UncommonPosts: 2,380
    take advice from someone spouting misinformation?  No thanks.
  • BeansnBreadBeansnBread Member EpicPosts: 7,254
    WAit wait wait. Weren't people not allowed to join a home server last beta weekend because the server was too full?
  • evolver1972evolver1972 Member Posts: 1,118
    Thanks for the warning but I'll put my trust in overflow servers.

You want me to pay to play a game I already paid for???

Be afraid.....The dragons are HERE!

• RoybeRoybe Member UncommonPosts: 420

The only 'queue' that will occur is during initial signup...and really you won't queue you just won't be able to sign in.  If the server population has been reached, and you haven't been able to login yet, it will tell you that and then you will have to decide to roll on another server. 

For the first few weeks or more there will NOT be a fee for changing home servers. So if you fail to get on the original server of choice, you will be able to choose another server, and keep trying to get into your original server choice with no charge to you for changing back.  This is a limited time offer, but a good one to keep in mind.

• JagaridJagarid Member UncommonPosts: 415
    Originally posted by colddog04
    WAit wait wait. Weren't people not allowed to join a home server last beta weekend because the server was too full?

DIdn't they wipe before that though?  I know one of the BWEs I had to select a totally new home server, because they wiped before it.   In which case, you didn't have a home server anymore until you selected one, and you couldn't select one if it was already full.

Originally posted by Jagarid

DIdn't they wipe before that though?  I know one of the BWEs I had to select a totally new home server, because they wiped before it.   In which case, you didn't have a home server anymore until you selected one, and you couldn't select one if it was already full.

Yeah, I think that's exactly what happened. I guess it is different. Server queues would assume you had already picked a server and it won't let you in. This says that you can't pick certain home servers because they are full. It could potentially be a worse problem for people that have to get on the same home server with their guild, no?

• Xstatic912Xstatic912 Member Posts: 365
    Originally posted by donpopuki
    Overflow servers. There will be no ques. You fail.

^^^ This...

• fascismfascism Member UncommonPosts: 428
    Queue
  • JagaridJagarid Member UncommonPosts: 415

Originally posted by Jagarid

Originally posted by colddog04 WAit wait wait. Weren't people not allowed to join a home server last beta weekend because the server was too full?
    Yeah, I think that's exactly what happened. I guess it is different. Server queues would assume you had already picked a server and it won't let you in. This says that you can't pick certain home servers because they are full. It could potentially be a worse problem for people that have to get on the same home server with their guild, no?

Definitely, although it really only matters for WvW, you can join guilds on other servers and guest to play with them for anythiing else. Undoubtedly some guilds will have to choose between changing servers or leaving some members out in the cold as servers lock. Fortunately they have indicated server changes will be free at first for high pop servers as they open new ones.

• MothanosMothanos Member UncommonPosts: 1,910

Ah good old Anet you tought just about evrything <3 :)

• RizelStarRizelStar Member UncommonPosts: 2,773
    Well you never know guys the overflow could mess up, alwasy good to take the warning though.

I might get banned for this. - Rizel Star.

I'm not afraid to tell trolls what they [need] to hear, even if that means for me to have an forced absence afterwards.

P2P LOGIC = If it's P2P it means longevity, overall better game, and THE BEST SUPPORT EVER!!!!!(Which has been rinsed and repeated about a thousand times)

Common Sense Logic = P2P logic is no better than F2P Logic.

• NitthNitth Member UncommonPosts: 3,904

Ok, so technically even with "overflow servers" there is a finite number of connections possible

ie: The 'overflow servers' can "fill".

Therefore it is possible to have ques is it not?

TSW - AoC - Aion - WOW - EVE - Fallen Earth - Co - Rift - || XNA C# Java Development

• HonnerHonner Member Posts: 504
    I guess that's the reason why they reduced the number of server and increased the number of players per server
    Originally posted by Nitth

Ok, so technically even with "overflow servers" there is a finite number of connections possible

It's doubtful they can even fill given that they are capping home server populations.

• KrossliteKrosslite Member Posts: 317

Ok, so technically even with "overflow servers" there is a finite number of connections possibleie: The 'overflow servers' can "fill".Therefore it is possible to have ques is it not?

the overflow servers have overflow server which have overflow server

A MMO is like life. It is something to cherish and enjoy upon in it journey. So why race to the end of it. In life at the end you die.

• HonnerHonner Member Posts: 504

I know there may be several overflow servers, but I don't know if there is a limit to overflow servers. CAN SOMEONE ANSWER THIS!?!?!?