Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Wednesday Stress Test August 15!

Comments

• ECGangelECGangel Member UncommonPosts: 39
    Originally posted by Cashops

This is great news! I just pre-purchased GW2 today and it's a good thing as well! I had aquired a key for BWE3 here at mmorpg from a giveaway, it worked for the 4hr stress test as well and even the first 1hr stress test. The last stress test however wouldn't let me log in with that giveaway key.

I'm on the East Coast and I get home from work at 5pm, so that gives me a solid 3hrs to play. I will most likely dabble in some Spvp or perhaps try out a mesmer/ranger/engineer as those are the only classes left I havent tried. I have to say that the melee classes in this game surprise me, i'm usually always a mage or ranged class of some type. Melee just never gives me the same satisfaction, but GW2 seems different in that regard...for me anyway. I get an immense feeling of satisfaction when wrecking face with a WAR.

umm, no.  stress test ends at 7pm est, so you only have 2hrs to play.

• nolic1nolic1 Member UncommonPosts: 716
    Originally posted by colddog04
    Will someone test out the buffs from the mystic chest in WvW?

Sure thing I got 6 chests and 9 keys so I can.

Sherman's Gaming

Youtube Content creator for The Elder Scrolls Online

Channel:http://https//www.youtube.com/channel/UCrgYNgpFTRAl4XWz31o2emw

• SanHorSanHor Member UncommonPosts: 336
    Originally posted by Stx11
    Originally posted by Thornz2000

Fukn BS... they had had the past 2 now when I am working.

Why not 4pm to 8pm PST?

How can u have a stress test when most the ppl on the west coast are still at work?

Um... going out on a limb here but ANet is based in PDT so them wanting to actually test the game while they are, ya know, at work... 

naw I'm sure that makes too much sense >.>

"Stress test is at peak hours which means everyone stays at work till 3am. You on the other hand can go home cause you're fired! Now gtfo of my sight."
  • BeansnBreadBeansnBread Member EpicPosts: 7,254
    Originally posted by nolic1
    Originally posted by colddog04
    Will someone test out the buffs from the mystic chest in WvW?

Sure thing I got 6 chests and 9 keys so I can.

Thanks. :) I just really want some definitive proof of what is going on with these things.

• TokkenTokken Member EpicPosts: 3,549
    I'm sick of stress tests.. I want the real deal.

Proud MMORPG.com member since March 2004!  Make PvE GREAT Again!

• MithrandolirMithrandolir Member UncommonPosts: 1,701
    Originally posted by Tokken
    I'm sick of stress tests.. I want the real deal.

me too, but in the meantime... I'll take any GW2 that I can get :)

• GundricGundric Member UncommonPosts: 345
    Originally posted by sammandar
    Originally posted by Gundric
    I'll take some WvW whenever I get a chance image

and I'll take any chance to whoop your ass in wvw!! :-p

btw, what server you in? (Henge of Denravi here)

>>> Gundric.4057

I'm currently on Ehmry Bay, not sure about launch yet though.  Henge of Denravi has been Ehmry Bay's fiercest competitor so far. I'll see you on the battlefield sir!   image    

• Damn, figured there would be another one this week but was hoping for thursday.
  • xalvixalvi Member Posts: 329
    Originally posted by gestalt11
    Damn, figured there would be another one this week but was hoping for thursday.

Maybe there will be tomrrow and on thursday. :)))))

• joerockshahajoerockshaha Member UncommonPosts: 73
    Oh Praise the lord!!!! I just pulled my groin real badly today at MMA practice, and i already have a tear in my calf, now i can use those as an excuse to not go to practice and play some Guild Wars 2!!! This will also help me nail down the races/jobs ill be using when it goes live. Already going with a Human Warrior(Almost said Human Charr), then from there its a crapshoot from Norn Ranger/Ele, Human Ele/Thief,Sylvari Necro/Ranger, and a Charr Necro/Thief. Oye so complicated after the first class/race is chosen ><"

• Originally posted by xalvi
    Originally posted by gestalt11
    Damn, figured there would be another one this week but was hoping for thursday.

Maybe there will be tomrrow and on thursday. :)))))

I won't be surpised if there is another 7-11 on Friday.

• TokkenTokken Member EpicPosts: 3,549
    Originally posted by Epic1oots
    noooo, I got work. somebody shoot me.

BANG!

Proud MMORPG.com member since March 2004!  Make PvE GREAT Again!

• DeitylightDeitylight Member UncommonPosts: 103

Ah, more time to exploror the land, and maybe encounter that meta event in the asura area that everyone mentioned.

I think one of the major things that captured my heart in guild wars 2 is the journey and exploring the lands.

Then again I can't think of many things that make guild wars 2  a bad game whatsoever, I guess Anet has captured mines and

many other people's taste in games.

Edit,

This will be the first mmorpg where I will actually focus on crafting a long with pvp and pve. Think of all the money you could

one could make from making cross server trades with people from other servers. I think that is possible or maybe the

excitement is getting to me

• XiaokiXiaoki Member EpicPosts: 3,848

Hopefully they use this stress test to fix Metrica Province.

However, it was interesting to run around where there was no ground and no me.

• grimm6thgrimm6th Member Posts: 973

Heh, I can spend these final pre-launch hours trying out my new G600.

I used to TL;DR, but then I took a bullet point to the footnote.

• Rider071Rider071 Member Posts: 318
    pretty good sized download tonight, fyi.
  • JustsomenoobJustsomenoob Member UncommonPosts: 880

No more tease stress tests!  Need August 25! =P

Cool thing about all these is they're constantly changing a LOT of stuff.   Seems like there's new balance changes every day which I'm really liking looking at the leaked patch info etc.

• ReizlaReizla Member RarePosts: 4,092
    I missed it on FB, so thanks for the heads up! Will be there tonight and play a bit.
  • VirgoThreeVirgoThree Member UncommonPosts: 1,198

So far this has been a fun week to take time off work lol. Tonight took a friend to Casa Bonita to convince his out of state friends it was real, Tomorrow GW2 stress test, Thursday play some old school battletech tabletop, Friday go up to Black Hawk to gamble, and Saturday goto the Studio Ghibli film festival :) 

Man I am nerding it up hard core haha.

• lilHealalilHeala Member UncommonPosts: 522

Nice, just when the withdrawals were reaching a new high again :)

These last 2,5 weeks waiting (yes I know 10 days so 1,5 week atm) have been so far a lot lighter than I had expected, due to very busy at work with projects and a lot of stresstests. But still... time can't move fast enough until 25th.

• ButtskiButtski Member UncommonPosts: 187

Why not 4pm to 8pm PST?

How can u have a stress test when most the ppl on the west coast are still at work?

you know, world is not just all west coast... americans... pfff... *rolleyes*

• spiralpenspiralpen Member Posts: 36
    Think its great their helping us stresstest, but ill be waiting.. 10 more days to go , woooo!
  • VirgoThreeVirgoThree Member UncommonPosts: 1,198
    Originally posted by Buttski

Why not 4pm to 8pm PST?

you know, world is not just all west coast... americans... pfff... *rolleyes*

you know it is only a problem when it is inconvenient for ME... ;)

• lilHealalilHeala Member UncommonPosts: 522

Why not 4pm to 8pm PST?

*sigh that again. There's also other parts in the world like the continent of europe that probably has more players than the west coast and is therefor more viable for a stress test. Just like (at least at some point, not sure if consistent through its lifetime so far) there was a larger EU fanbase than NA fanbase for the original GW.

• CalvenCalven Member Posts: 151

How do you participate? I've prepurchased the game though I won't recieve a game code until launch.. Is the stress test free for all to try or do you need something?