Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Official server list released

KrossliteKrosslite Member Posts: 317

A MMO is like life. It is something to cherish and enjoy upon in it journey. So why race to the end of it. In life at the end you die.

Comments

• sk8chalifsk8chalif Member UncommonPosts: 666
    HMM,WOW , to have only 21 server on US and 24 on europe, the server capacity most be dam High.  i wonder what the number hehe, that awesome anyway,

~The only opinion that matters is your own.Everything else is just advice,~

• JagaridJagarid Member UncommonPosts: 415
    Originally posted by sk8chalif
    HMM,WOW , to have only 21 server on US and 24 on europe, the server capacity most be dam High.  i wonder what the number hehe, that awesome anyway,

That is also specified as being the list for "headstart", which implies it is not all of the servers they have planned for release.

Still would appear that they are going with a very high server capacity.  Maybe their intent is to let overflow servers be very busy for the first few weeks so that server populations are still decent after  the mad rush passes and populations level out.

• MeowheadMeowhead Member UncommonPosts: 3,716
    Originally posted by Jagarid

That is also specified as being the list for "headstart", which implies it is not all of the servers they have planned for release.

Still would appear that they are going with a very high server capacity.  Maybe their intent is to let overflow servers be very busy for the first few weeks so that server populations are still decent after  the mad rush passes and populations level out.

That would be the smart thing to do.  Better to work the overflow servers hard, than have modestly populated servers where the population drops even more.

Plus, even if the population doesn't drop, as people get higher level, the population will spread out and make each zone less populated.

• fiontarfiontar Member UncommonPosts: 3,682

My only concern with high server caps is that there is no overflow for WvW. If caps are too high, there could be serious queues for WvW and a lot of frustrated people.

It's a tough balancing act.

Want to know more about GW2 and why there is so much buzz? Start here: Guild Wars 2 Mass Info for the Uninitiated

• FaulknerFaulkner Member UncommonPosts: 108

Can't Wait, I think friends and I are rolling on world of "Jade Quarry".  No particular reason, just played on it in some of the Betas.  Here to everything going well!!

Faulkner

• JagaridJagarid Member UncommonPosts: 415
    Originally posted by fiontar

My only concern with high server caps is that there is no overflow for WvW. If caps are too high, there could be serious queues for WvW and a lot of frustrated people.

It's a tough balancing act.

It is indeed a tough balancing act.

I would think it would be better to have moderate queues the first few weeks then to have ghost town WvW down the road as people return to living their life outside of the game and the population spreads out in terms of days/times played (not to mention the fact that some people really will stop playing, obviously).

• KrossliteKrosslite Member Posts: 317
    Originally posted by Jagarid

think you got it correct. IMO

A MMO is like life. It is something to cherish and enjoy upon in it journey. So why race to the end of it. In life at the end you die.