Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Official Notice of Launch times for the game

KrossliteKrosslite Member Posts: 317

The Final Countdown – Guild Wars 2 Launch Times

<div href="https://www.guildwars2.com/en/news/the-final-countdown-guild-wars-2-launch-times/#"; addthis_pill_style="" addthis_nonzero"="">1

August 28th, 2012—the day Guild Wars 2 launches—is fast approaching. Everyone here at ArenaNet is anxiously counting the days right along with every Guild Wars 2 fan. In just a few weeks, the servers will go live and each of us will be setting out on our adventures in Tyria!

As you may have seen, we host a countdown timer on the front page of our official website. The information below will give you specific details about times and dates based on whether you pre-purchased, pre-ordered, or are picking up a copy of the game on release day.

• Pre-Purchase with 3-Day Headstart: Everyone who pre-purchased Guild Wars 2 will enjoy three full days of Headstart Access. The three-day Headstart Access will officially begin at 0:00 AM Pacific time (GMT -7:00) on August 25th. However, please note that in order to ensure that we’re fully prepared for that fateful hour we may bring servers online up to 3 hours prior. If you’re a player committed to getting in first to grab that character name of your dreams you’ll want to be keeping an eye on things during that time period.
  • Pre-Order with 1-Day Headstart: Those who pre-ordered Guild Wars 2 will be able to participate in one day of Headstart Access. The one-day Headstart Access will begin at 0:00 AM Pacific time (GMT -7:00) on August 27th. NOTE – Pre-Order code registration is now enabled.
  • For those players who have not pre-purchased or pre-ordered the game, Guild Wars 2 will officially launch at 0:00 AM Pacific time (GMT -7:00) on August 28th.
  • Download the Client today: If you’ve registered your pre-purchase or pre-order and created your Guild Wars account you can go to account management today and download the client. Be sure to update the client periodically to minimize your download at launch.

A MMO is like life. It is something to cherish and enjoy upon in it journey. So why race to the end of it. In life at the end you die.

Comments

• FaulknerFaulkner Member UncommonPosts: 108

Thank You!  

Also, they have the offical list of Starting Servers:  https://www.guildwars2.com/en/news/introducing-the-worlds-of-guild-wars-2/

Cheers,

Faulkner

• JagaridJagarid Member UncommonPosts: 415

Great, now I'm going to be sitting at my PC for up to 3 hours prior to midnight just bashing the log in button over and over until it works.

I know I'm pathetic, but they don't need to do this to remind me. >.<

• KrossliteKrosslite Member Posts: 317
    Originally posted by Jagarid

Great, now I'm going to be sitting at my PC for up to 3 hours prior to midnight just bashing the log in button over and over until it works.

I know I'm pathetic, but they don't need to do this to remine me. >.<

I know... isn't just torturous of them... letting us know our flaws so visciously

A MMO is like life. It is something to cherish and enjoy upon in it journey. So why race to the end of it. In life at the end you die.

• ZyllosZyllos Member UncommonPosts: 537
    Originally posted by swordmark45
    • Download the Client today: If you’ve registered your pre-purchase or pre-order and created your Guild Wars account you can go to account management today and download the client. Be sure to update the client periodically to minimize your download at launch.

Sweet, thanks for the news! Downloading right now.

MMOs Played: I can no longer list them all in the 500 character limit.

• xposeidonxposeidon Member Posts: 384

That's not that bad, for us eastern time it's 3a.m. access, and according to Anet we have to be there since midnight checking if we can login to reserver our characters..

Remember... all I'm offering is the truth. Nothing more.

• fiontarfiontar Member UncommonPosts: 3,682

I'm very happy that they may open the servers for headstart as much as 3 hours early! Midnight Eastern is a lot better than 3 AM Eastern, while still not being too early for the EU. I just hope they can deliver, it would suck to be sitting there until 3AM trying to get in. :)

I'm getting really excited!

Want to know more about GW2 and why there is so much buzz? Start here: Guild Wars 2 Mass Info for the Uninitiated

• JagaridJagarid Member UncommonPosts: 415
    Originally posted by xposeidon

That's not that bad, for us eastern time it's 3a.m. access, and according to Anet we have to be there since midnight checking if we can login to reserver our characters..

I'm lucky in that I'm a night worker so from my perspective this is all happening in the middle of the day.  Midnight = lunch time for me.  

• TokkenTokken Member EpicPosts: 3,551

lol me 2

Proud MMORPG.com member since March 2004!  Make PvE GREAT Again!

• PsychowPsychow Member Posts: 1,784
    Downloading now...yay!
  • MithrandolirMithrandolir Member UncommonPosts: 1,701

I work til 2am est, so hopefully they come up early and all you folks can get off an old mans lawn before I get home!!

:)

love yas though.

but yeah... be gone! :)

/hugs

• KenzeKenze Member UncommonPosts: 1,217
    so , have they said whether the Beta weekend client will work or is a new download needed?

Watch your thoughts; they become words.
    Watch your words; they become actions.
    Watch your actions; they become habits.
    Watch your habits; they become character.
    Watch your character; it becomes your destiny.
    —Lao-Tze

LOL

but i might show up on your lawn in one of my alts by that time

• TorgrimTorgrim Member CommonPosts: 2,088
    Originally posted by Kenze
    so , have they said whether the Beta weekend client will work or is a new download needed?

Beta client is launch client so you don't have to redownload.

If it's not broken, you are not innovating.

Originally posted by Kenze

its all the same

just did a huge patch this afternoon myself

• GundricGundric Member UncommonPosts: 345
    Originally posted by Faulkner

Thank You!  

Also, they have the offical list of Starting Servers:  https://www.guildwars2.com/en/news/introducing-the-worlds-of-guild-wars-2/

Cheers,

Faulkner

tyvm!  Now for my guild to finalize our launch server image

• MadKingMadKing Member UncommonPosts: 173
    Originally posted by fiontar

I'm very happy that they may open the servers for headstart as much as 3 hours early! Midnight Eastern is a lot better than 3 AM Eastern, while still not being too early for the EU. I just hope they can deliver, it would suck to be sitting there until 3AM trying to get in. :)

I'm getting really excited!

Amen to that.

• stragen001stragen001 Member UncommonPosts: 1,720

Hmmmm just saw this news.. cant say im happy :(

8am BST start was perfect for me, but 5am is a bit harsh. I read this as "We will be bringing the servers up at some point between 5am and 8am"

Sounds like a cunning plan to stop the servers getting overloaded by not telling us exactly when they will be going live ;)

Cluck Cluck, Gibber Gibber, My Old Mans A Mushroom

• ariboersmaariboersma Member Posts: 1,802
    nvm im blind