Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

So which race and class will you jump into PvP with?

2»

Comments

• robotchio30robotchio30 Member UncommonPosts: 16

Sylvari Elementalist

then a norn/charr/human warrior

Shadow Of Apophis

• JJOnewayJJOneway Member Posts: 112

The ethos behind the Norn and the aesthetics and atmosphere of their starting area just blew me away, so definitely going with Norn for my first toon. I still can't decide on class though. It will be melee based as I just prefer that style of gameplay (though i know the melee/ranged divide isn't so large in GW2).

I really enjoyed the Thief class but the Norn models just looked too big to be backflipping all over the place and it didn't feel right. I don't think I'll make up my mind until early access starts to be honest. The fact that I've enjoyed all the classes I played is a good thing though, and not being able to make up my mind isn't a bad problem to have really!

• ElikalElikal Member UncommonPosts: 7,912
    Class for PVP for me is warrior, either female Norn or male Sylvari, not sure yet.

People don't ask questions to get answers - they ask questions to show how smart they are. - Dogbert

• HricaHrica Member UncommonPosts: 1,129

I know I may sound like a complete noob, but is the guy..I believe it's engiener ...the guy that puts down the turrets..is he good in pvp?

Sorry, but my play time is limited (Full time dad, work, age, etc.. etc) and I only got him to lvl 4, I had a lot of fun though.

Any help would be great!!

• achesomaachesoma Member RarePosts: 1,726

Human mesmer.  Mesmer was my favorite class to pvp.  I go with boon/condition/survivability spec.  Staff and sword/pistol are weapons of choice.  Went toe-to-toe with any class in spvp and fun in WvW. 

http://www.gw2builds.org/create/bwe_1/mesmer#3.2.1.0-1.2.1.19.1-15.25.20.0.10-4.1.3.2.6.5

Build creator is old but the principle is unchanged. 

Preaching Pantheon to People at PAX  PAX East 2018 Day 4 - YouTube
  • terrantterrant Member Posts: 1,683
    Originally posted by MikeJezZ

Looks like I will be one of the few Norns image at least when it comes to necros and thieves...

Surprised that people go for advantages over look.

Are you new to PvP? If people get in in their heads the Charr have more health because they're bigger, everyone might roll Charr.

That said...Norn thief, Asuran Guardian, or Human Mesmer. Since those are my three "mains"

• MadKingMadKing Member UncommonPosts: 173
    Human Mesmer, no surprise there...
  • AxiosImmortalAxiosImmortal Member UncommonPosts: 645
    Elementalist for WvW, theif for sPvP. Most likely will only play sylvari based on how it reminds me of a zabrak. I just don't care for other races that much.

Looking at: The Repopulation
    Preordering: None
    Playing: Random Games

• AeliousAelious Member RarePosts: 3,521

Looks like I will be one of the few Norns image at least when it comes to necros and thieves...

I think the Norn look far too bulky but I can see why others like them.

Going Human Elementalist or Guardian... or Engineer...

GAH!! Can't decide!

• galoarigaloari Member UncommonPosts: 72
    either Norn or Human, Engineer shield/pistol marks/alchemy

• AxiosImmortalAxiosImmortal Member UncommonPosts: 645
    Originally posted by Aelious

I think the Norn look far too bulky but I can see why others like them.

Going Human Elementalist or Guardian... or Engineer...

GAH!! Can't decide!

@Mike, people go for look over advantages. Norn look too gigantic and bulky, advantages doesnt really have anything to do with it. (On a side note, when people target enemy players they use tab they don't mouse click the target usually.)

@Aelious others might like them based on their opinion of norns looking intimidating and feel big and recognized in a huge crowd. My opinion opposes it, especially the intimidating part......they don't look intimidating to me.

Looking at: The Repopulation
    Preordering: None
    Playing: Random Games

• fiesta87fiesta87 Member UncommonPosts: 13
    Asura elementalist will be my main, but will most likely buy more character slot so i can play all profession in spvp.

• AericynAericyn Member UncommonPosts: 394

Under two weeks - maybe making two characters. I cant decide!

Norn Necromancer and Human or Sylvari Elementalist. Sylvari Necro? Norn Ele?

Oh but then the Thief, and oh man! The Guardian - totally an unexpected rockin interesting class, Ack! I don't know, I don't know. Cannot succumb to Alt-itus this time.

*goes off to blather at desk about no time, too many (good) choices, responsibilities... damn Anet, ok ok, I take it back*

• King_JgKing_Jg Member Posts: 27
    2 guardians, 2 rangers and either a mesmer or necro for my last slot i like both equally so it will be hard choosing!
  • TheHavokTheHavok Member UncommonPosts: 2,423
    Human Guardian or Human ranger.