Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Rift: Subscribe for a Year, Get Storm Legion for Free

SBFordSBFord Former Associate EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 33,129

Trion Worlds is offering a sweet deal to new and returning subscribers in the form of a special deal: Subscribe to the game for a year and receive the Storm Legion expansion for free. A year's subscription comes in at a cool $120.

Current and former subscribers will also receive a "Landslide" mount and the Stormbringer title among other tings.

Check it out on the Rift site.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

Comments

• WarcannibalWarcannibal Member Posts: 24

As much as I am bored of Rift, and dislike the Rift community... TRION is an aggressive, progressive, top notch company.  If only Trion could figure out how to smack the stupid out of some of the players that play Rift...

-=W=-

"GW2 is the Methadone to WoWs Heroin."

• teakboisteakbois Member Posts: 2,154
    Just odd how they did this before even announcing a release date or a price for the expansion.
  • coraphisecoraphise Member UncommonPosts: 11
    I don't think it's odd; it's what I expect from Trion. They've done a great job of making their game well-known and getting people to play from the start. I'd be disappointed if they didn't do something to get people back besides "hey, we're releasing an expansion".
  • mCalvertmCalvert Member CommonPosts: 1,283
    Since when does Trion charge for updates?
  • Azuri21Azuri21 Member UncommonPosts: 15
    It's not an update, it's an expansion.
  • LyrisiusLyrisius Member UncommonPosts: 19
    This is not an update, it's a expansion that EXPANDS the RIft world and more than triples the size of the world.
    Originally posted by coraphise
    I don't think it's odd; it's what I expect from Trion. They've done a great job of making their game well-known and getting people to play from the start. I'd be disappointed if they didn't do something to get people back besides "hey, we're releasing an expansion".

getting people to commit for an entire year beyond their current sub, upfront, without even knowing when they will see the expansion or how much it will cost them?  Its smart by Trion (although people trashed blizzard when they did something similar) but I do find it odd they havent even announced the release or pricing for the expansion but are asking people to commit for a year for it.

• clumsytoes44clumsytoes44 Member UncommonPosts: 463
    Rift being the only sub based game that I think is worth the sub. Didn't Blizz do this with WoW 1 year sub and get D3 for free?
    Originally posted by Lyrisius
    This is not an update, it's a expansion that EXPANDS the RIft world and more than triples the size of the world.

PR hype, nobody knows if this is actually true or not yet.

• tomato_kwantomato_kwan Member Posts: 44

I did a 3 months resubsription and cancelled after 2 days.

The game has great concept. Their soul system is neat but the game is not worth going back.

• CoolitCoolit Member UncommonPosts: 661

I'm seriously considering this deal, £71 for 12 months sub, the expansion plus fluff seems like a no brainer considering wow charge £60 for MOP CE which also has a mount plus you have to pay £77 a year (2x 6month prices).

Trion = value for money.

• ValasAzuviirValasAzuviir Member Posts: 27

To Suzie.

So would this offer also apply to the Rift contest that you lot are having for a year's worth of subscription?

When will we be hearing the results on that one btw? Final entry point was the 7th iirc. That was a week ago.

• mackdawg19mackdawg19 Member UncommonPosts: 842
    Originally posted by teakbois

PR hype, nobody knows if this is actually true or not yet.

It is true, not hype. Maybe you missed the video where one developer sorta hit his map key. Plus you can clearly see by the developer videos the expansion is very large. Not sure why you wouldn't believe a statement like that from Trion, they are the only company that shows what they say.

• NadiaNadia Member UncommonPosts: 11,798

I posted this clarification in the RIFT section but its worth repeating

http://forums.riftgame.com/rift-general-discussions/general-discussion/329481-you-can-now-buy-storm-legion-7.html#post3920192

If you're locked into the $99 a year plan (or any discounted annual plan) then you'll maintain that subscription price as long as you keep an active sub even if you're not charged again for the next 18 months

This is a special stand-alone offer of Gametime+Game+Free Items separate from your standard subscription rate.

Cheers,

James "Elrar" Nichols
    Community Manager // Trion Worlds

• William12William12 Member Posts: 680
    They did it like a game card it adds time to your subscription and does not replace your current sub the only difference is when your current sub is up it will start using the year and when that is up it goes back to your old sub.
  • JenosydeJenosyde Member UncommonPosts: 100
    Sounds desperate
  • RolleZRolleZ Member UncommonPosts: 42
    Unless they fix there bleeding bad game engine, nope. Trion do not care about ingame performance since day 1. Adding a new expansion ontop of the low performing game... ugh!
  • pekshmaerpekshmaer Member Posts: 58
    ahahah this forum is desperate!! 

hmm

• rojoArcueidrojoArcueid Member EpicPosts: 10,722

Sounds interesting but since im not playing an entire year of Rift (and any other mmo), ill just buy the expansion and 1 month to try it out.

Now, Storm Legion is coming with huge maps bigger than the size of Telara right now (thats what it says on the info), so.... with those new huge maps coming, is there any new low level area in those maps?  i dont think so..... and that is why i got bored of Rift.... same repetition with every character from lvl 1 all the way up.

If there was a variety of areas to go level from lvl 1 to cap, i would still be playing Rift and might have bought this 1 year deal. No love for casual players here D:

• AlyvianAlyvian Member Posts: 342
    on the upside rojo, after 1.10 you have 2 starting zones (well after the tutorial area anyway) from what we gather from pts (both the guardian and defiant lines are becoming available for pve-ers
  • CoolitCoolit Member UncommonPosts: 661
    Originally posted by RolleZ
    Unless they fix there bleeding bad game engine, nope. Trion do not care about ingame performance since day 1. Adding a new expansion ontop of the low performing game... ugh!

I have to agree that this is one area Trion needs to improve on. There has been very little improvement in performance since the game launched.

• lotapartylotaparty Member Posts: 514
    Originally posted by teakbois
    Originally posted by coraphise

getting people to commit for an entire year beyond their current sub, upfront, without even knowing when they will see the expansion or how much it will cost them?  Its smart by Trion (although people trashed blizzard when they did something similar) but I do find it odd they havent even announced the release or pricing for the expansion but are asking people to commit for a year for it.

it is coming in fall and still the game is going strong .very much healthy than other failed mmos

Thats an update in my book. Bad enough they charged you for the client at launch. I am opposed to chraging for 'exanpansions'. A subscription should pay for all content.

A subscription should pay for all content.
  • OzmodanOzmodan Member EpicPosts: 9,726
    Pretty nebulous offer if you ask me.  No date on the expansion, no details beyond a few brief comments on content.  Trion is one of the best companies out there, but unless you are really enjoying their game you could be just throwing money away.