Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

TERA robbed me!

kt9mangokt9mango Member Posts: 2

I can't beleive Tera Online robbed me.

I have NEVER bought a years sub on a game, let alone a new mmo I am trying out.

Do not give your creditcard details over to these theives!!

Heres my so called support chat :

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Nathalia "Zukcyi": Hi, my name is Nathalia "Zukcyi". How may I help you?
 [accountname]: Hi
 [accountname]: I was checking through my billing and I have been billed for to much when purchasing the game
 [accountname]: I have been charged :
 [accountname]: **3345534

12 Jun 12 23:20

Send Money

to [email protected]

-49.59GBP

[accountname]: and also :
 [accountname]: **4556405

12 Jul 12 03:17

Send Money

to [email protected]

-97.45GBP

Nathalia "Zukcyi": so as you can tell me you were double charged for the game?
 [accountname]: "tripple charged"
 Nathalia "Zukcyi": can you please tell me the email address you have registered in Tera?
 [accountname]: yes
 [accountname]: **********@****.co.uk
 Nathalia "Zukcyi": thanks
 Nathalia "Zukcyi": I'm going to check on it
 [accountname]: Ok thank you
 Nathalia "Zukcyi": so...as I can verify, it seems you have purchased almost one year of subscription
 Nathalia "Zukcyi": so probably you double checked the payment options
 Nathalia "Zukcyi": just to confirm your identity
 Nathalia "Zukcyi": can you tell me What is the name of your first pet?
[accountname]: I know I would nnopt have purchased 1 year sub on a new game
 [accountname]: First pet is ****
 [accountname]: So the transactions I am seeing are £50 for the game and £100 for the subscription!
 Nathalia "Zukcyi": It seems like the furst time you purchased the game, you selected the one year option
 Nathalia "Zukcyi": that is why you got charged to much
 Nathalia "Zukcyi": it's actually the amount of gaming time you selected
 [accountname]: but I would not have selected that. Is that default?
 Nathalia "Zukcyi": no
 Nathalia "Zukcyi": actually it's by choice
 Nathalia "Zukcyi": so you selected that option
 [accountname]: I have necer bought a years sub in any game so this must be an error
 Nathalia "Zukcyi": because you have other amount of days as options aswell
 [accountname]: So I have 2 sub options?
 Nathalia "Zukcyi": no, you have different options
 [accountname]: Can you please refund the money and deduct my playing time
 [accountname]: I dont wish to cancle the game but I did not select 1 years sub
 Nathalia "Zukcyi": unfortunately, no refunds are available
 Nathalia "Zukcyi": because the system provides you different payment options
 Nathalia "Zukcyi": for a month, 3 months, one year or more than one year
 [accountname]: This is out of order and I will be complaing on the forums and other media as this is not acceptable
 Nathalia "Zukcyi": We totally understand your situations
 [accountname]: Is there also a complaints department address
 Nathalia "Zukcyi": but is probable that by mistake you chose the one year option
 Nathalia "Zukcyi": because according to the system everything seems like went well when you purchased the subscription
 [accountname]: so what was you saying earlier about me purchasing it the second time round?
 Nathalia "Zukcyi": because you gave me two dates
 [accountname]: I only purchased once.
 Nathalia "Zukcyi": and that was before I checked in our system
 Nathalia "Zukcyi": that is why after that I asked you your email account you registered in tera
 Nathalia "Zukcyi": accourding to the system you made on single purchase of a year
 Nathalia "Zukcyi": *according
 [accountname]: moneybookers shows that I made the purchase at 12:03 am
 [accountname]: thats when I bought the game
 [accountname]: then your system took £97 out at 03:00am
 [accountname]: I wouold not have purchased the game,. then bought a years sub 3 hours later in the morning
 Nathalia "Zukcyi": so you didn't purchase the game directly from our website?
 [accountname]: yes I did
 [accountname]: your website used a third party system for money transaction  http://www.moneybookers.com
 Nathalia "Zukcyi": even so, you selected the one year subscriptioin
 Nathalia "Zukcyi": because there is no way the system can deduct you a one year subscription unless you selected that option
 Nathalia "Zukcyi": sir, unfortunately, you might have made a mistake when selecting your subscription time
 Nathalia "Zukcyi": and there are no refunds available for your situation
 [accountname]: Well thats obviously tera-en word against mine.

Nathalia "Zukcyi": is there anything else I can help with
[accountname]: no thanks

Nathalia "Zukcyi": have a great day!

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Have a great day?! Screw you frogster-online.com

Ive actually noticed that the -97.45GBP was taken out a month later

Logged into my account a few times for various reasons but dont ever remember it saying 1 year sub.

Well, I normally always take screenes of game purchases and the account page and for some unknown reason didnt in this case. Fool to myself, need to keep that paranoia flowing high!

:(

Comments

• SinakuSinaku Member UncommonPosts: 552

The whole time reading this I was thinking "This doesn't sound like En Masse. They are the most helpful company out there!" then I realized it was Frogster and wasn't surprised in the least.

• RednecksithRednecksith Member Posts: 1,238

Two words: Chargeback time! :D

And yes, Frogster are a bunch of liars, thieves, and ne'er-do-wells. Doing business with them should be avoided at all costs.

• SovrathSovrath Member LegendaryPosts: 32,001

kt9mango...

Check your original order confirmation. It will say exactly what you originally chose.

for instance, mine says:

Order Information

Product Name: Retail Customers - 3 month recurring
    Qty Ordered: 1
    Amount: $0.00
    3-month: Inaugural Price $35.85 ($11.95/month)

Subtotal: $0.00
    Shipping: $0.00
    Tax: $0.00
    Total: $0.00

This would be sent to you as soon as you chose your option. See what that says. IF it says "1 year" then you probably chose 1 year.

Like Skyrim? Need more content? Try my Skyrim mod "Godfred's Tomb." 

Godfred's Tomb Trailer: https://youtu.be/-nsXGddj_4w

Original Skyrim: https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/109547

Try the "Special Edition." 'Cause it's "Special." https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/64878/?tab=description

Serph toze kindly has started a walk-through. https://youtu.be/UIelCK-lldo 
  • PurutzilPurutzil Member UncommonPosts: 3,048

1.) I'll make a bet it was YOU who selected a 1 year subscription and YOU who is at fault.

2.) Its fine to ask for a refund if you didn't play it but considering you were playing it still after subscription, you WERE using the subscription you paid for.

3.) ... No 3, its quite obvious your at fault here, and I'll bet you that 'few times' you logged on was more so dedicated gameplay and enjoying it and your just making a story up since a month later you decided against the game and you want to try and get your money back for a year subscription you PURPOSELY selected to pay for. 

At best, even with a 'good' vendor you would still be charged for that month you payed for, and at a full month subscription not the discounted year one. 

Don't bother making up stories to hide the fact your mostly at fault. Should they of done more? Probably, but you are the one mostly at fault.

• koira1koira1 Member UncommonPosts: 264

contact you bank and get your money back.

Failster will most likely ban that CC from purchasing in the future but dont think you will be comin back after this kind of incident.

• kt9mangokt9mango Member Posts: 2

Calm down  Purutzil

I did not say I wanted to cancle my sub as it states in the chat log.

"[accountname]: Can you please refund the money and deduct my playing time
     [accountname]: I dont wish to cancle the game but I did not select 1 years sub"

Either way, looks like I wont be getting my money back wether I play or not.

I wont be purchasing from them in the future though.

Originally posted by kt9mango

Calm down  Purutzil

I did not say I wanted to cancle my sub as it states in the chat log.

"[accountname]: Can you please refund the money and deduct my playing time
     [accountname]: I dont wish to cancle the game but I did not select 1 years sub"

Either way, looks like I wont be getting my money back wether I play or not.

I wont be purchasing from them in the future though.

But if you can check your receipt you can then go back to them with a valid argument. If you didnt' check your receipt after you purchased then that's another issue.

Try the "Special Edition." 'Cause it's "Special." https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/64878/?tab=description

• madazzmadazz Member RarePosts: 2,106
    When I cancelled my sub they automatically renewed it afterwards. I was not pleased. Usually I fight these things, but instead I let it go and chose to never give them a penny of mine again.
  • VarossVaross Moderator UncommonPosts: 11,414
    Moved to the TERA forums.
    To give feedback on moderation, please contact [email protected]
  • CruizerkeCruizerke Member UncommonPosts: 68
    Originally posted by Sinaku

The whole time reading this I was thinking "This doesn't sound like En Masse. They are the most helpful company out there!" then I realized it was Frogster and wasn't surprised in the least.

Quite the contrary. En Masse is just as bad. My experince with En Masse...

Their system constantly resetting my account to subbed..

I could not remove my CC details.

Their support could not remove my CC details.

In their procces of trying to remove my CC details, they instead removed Tera from my En Masse account so I no longer had access to it...ever.

After an hour long convo in live chat, they finaly added the game back to my En Masse account with sub activated of course.

I had to finish the experience off with having to cancel my CC because En Masse kept my account subbed even if I unsubbed.

Originally posted by cruiserlck

I had to finish the experience off with having to cancel my CC because En Masse kept my account subbed even if I unsubbed.

When I read stuff like this I have to wonder.

Really? You had to cancel your credit card because they kept charging you?

As opposed to calling your credit card company and having them just block any charges coming from this (or any) company.

• VrikaVrika Member LegendaryPosts: 7,888

Doesn't Moneybookers ask you to authorize the transactions you made using their own online system? How did the second transaction get past Moneybooker's authentication if you didn't accept it?

Or do I remember wrong about how Moneybookers works?

• CaldrinCaldrin Member UncommonPosts: 4,505

I think the OP probally made a mistake.. it sucks and happens sometimes... I almost almost signed up for a lfietime sub when i brought STO.. was nearly at the stage of confirming when i realised.. I tend to stay away from buying games when im drunk now haha :)

• CruizerkeCruizerke Member UncommonPosts: 68
    Originally posted by Sovrath

As opposed to calling your credit card company and having them just block any charges coming from this (or any) company.

Yes REALLY.

I'm NOT about to leave valid  CC information on record with a company that can't do basic things such as removing the information.

If their system is that bad, then why would I want to just block their charges and leave my CC information with them?

They're failing in simple customer service and that doesn't leave much faith in their security to keep my information safe.....

To each their own, but I'm not about to walk away blindly leaving information behind in hopes that they won't screw something else up and someone gets that information that shouldn't have it.

• GrandoReaperGrandoReaper Member UncommonPosts: 147
    What people dont realize is if you believe this is a fraudulent double charge made in error by a merchant you can highlight the charge on your credit card statement write the words "Dispute Charge" then mail it in to creditor and that will stop any interest and late charges on a credit card. The only thing you have to worry about is if the charge is legitamite it is also fraudulent to make the claim knowing it is a correct charge.

• SynthetickSynthetick Member Posts: 977
    Originally posted by Sovrath

Yes REALLY.

I'm NOT about to leave valid  CC information on record with a company that can't do basic things such as removing the information.

If their system is that bad, then why would I want to just block their charges and leave my CC information with them?

They're failing in simple customer service and that doesn't leave much faith in their security to keep my information safe.....

To each their own, but I'm not about to walk away blindly leaving information behind in hopes that they won't screw something else up and someone gets that information that shouldn't have it.

You are entirely too paranoid. You must have no concept how your user information is stored within most databases. Blocking the charges is all you need to do. At the point you cancel the credit card for fear someone is out for you and your credit card information, which is a completely different type of crime and charge, well my friend, you are just a paranoid individual. Being accidentally billed and your billing information being stolen and used aren't related at all. But more power to you for going through all that.

• ArthineasArthineas Member Posts: 231
    It sounds like the OP probably selected the wrong thing.  But this just goes to show why you never use a credit card attached to your bank account.  I ALWAYS use a prepaid credit card that you can reload.  That way if some joker tries to charge you,  they will get nothing ;) 
  • CitalkayCitalkay Member Posts: 141

They robbed me of over £28 and are sitll refusing to give me a typed respons.e

I only get copy and pasted answers.

• lemonster.izoonelemonster.izoone Member UncommonPosts: 22
    edited March 2020

Post edited by lemonster.izoone on