Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Preorder anyway to get 3 day head start and boxed version of game?

kinky10kinky10 Member UncommonPosts: 215
As per the title I'm not sure if this is possible? I love game boxes but also want the 3 day head start, doable?

Comments

• cloud8521cloud8521 Member Posts: 878
    Originally posted by kinky10
    As per the title I'm not sure if this is possible? I love game boxes but also want the 3 day head start, doable?

11 days until headstart. i would say no

• NasaNasa Member UncommonPosts: 739

I dont quite understand your question, but only way to get 3 day headstart is by prepurchasing the game.

Preorder will give you only 1 day headstart.

• NafnirNafnir Member UncommonPosts: 18
    As far as I know the box version doesn't come out till the 28th. As such there is no way to register the code inside to your account till that date comes to pass. Meaning you can't get the box and the headstart, but I could be wrong. Can anyone else clarify if it's possible to purchase the box, but still get the headstart?

Lurke® Circa 2004

• MikeJezZMikeJezZ Member UncommonPosts: 1,268

It is only possible to get the 1-day headstart from now.

The standard Edition gives 1 day headstart.

When you buy it online, you will get the key one day before release via. E-Mail. And you would get the cover by the mailman.

Its a little shit we pre-purchasers paid so much for less... We get 3 days headstart.  But no DVDs, no manuals etc.

• LostarLostar Member UncommonPosts: 891

When you prepurchase the box you get a code in your email or on a receipt from the store (depending if you purchase online or in store).

Come the headstart you will be able to play and you will have a grace period after the official release to put in your box code to fully register the game.  If you do not put in the code before the grace period ends, your account will close until you do so.

Don't listen to the misinformed.

• NadiaNadia Member UncommonPosts: 11,798

https://buy.guildwars2.com/en/retailers

if you live in the USA, preorders w Amazon gets you prepurchase benefits

I bought the Collector's Edition Box Version and I got to play all BWEs/Stress Tests and I will be able to access the 3 day headstart.  Best you can do is try and go down to Gamestop and make sure you ask for a PREPURCHASE and tell them you do not want to Preorder...you want to pay IN FULL (Idiots get those two things confused all the time)...

Originally posted by Nadia

https://buy.guildwars2.com/en/retailers

if you live in the USA, preorders w Amazon gets you prepurchase benefits

PREPURCHASES.....PREEEEPURCHASES...not Preorders....read above. /facepalm.

• SiphaedSiphaed Member RarePosts: 1,114
    NO, you must prepurchase to get the full 3 days, AND you cannot get the box until the 28th.

Originally posted by Siphaed
    NO, you must prepurchase to get the full 3 days, AND you cannot get the box until the 28th.

Yes. What this guy said.  You will just get a grace period with the account you put the prepurchse code in.  So yes, you can do the 3 day headstart even with the boxed versions.

i preordered from Amazon and have been in all betas and eligible for headstart

http://www.amazon.com/Guild-Wars-2-Pc/dp/B001TOQ8X4

Pre-order Bonus Offer
    Pre-order Guild Wars 2 on PC and get 3-Day Head-start access to create a Guild Wars 2 account early, access to Beta Weekend Events, as well as the Hero's Band, which provides the following benefits: +2 Power, +2 Precision, +2 Toughness, +2 Vitality, +2 Condition Damage, +2% Critical Damage, and +2 Healing. The code to setup your Guild Wars 2 account early and access Beta Weekend Events will be emailed at least a few days before the release of the game. You will receive the Hero's Band via the in-game mail system when you log in to Guild Wars 2 and create a character. Offer valid when shipped and sold by Amazon.com. Limit one per household. Amazon reserves the right to change or terminate this promotion at any time. Offer will be extended to all existing pre-orders.

again, Amazon is the exception ..

Beta key for preordering GW2 from Amazon

http://www.mmorpg.com/discussion2.cfm/thread/353361

• SentimeSentime Member UncommonPosts: 270

Does Amazon send you the access code for headstart and continued play before you receive the box?

Originally posted by Nadia

i preordered from Amazon and have been in all betas and eligible for headstart

http://www.amazon.com/Guild-Wars-2-Pc/dp/B001TOQ8X4

Pre-order Bonus Offer
    Pre-order Guild Wars 2 on PC and get 3-Day Head-start access to create a Guild Wars 2 account early, access to Beta Weekend Events, as well as the Hero's Band, which provides the following benefits: +2 Power, +2 Precision, +2 Toughness, +2 Vitality, +2 Condition Damage, +2% Critical Damage, and +2 Healing. The code to setup your Guild Wars 2 account early and access Beta Weekend Events will be emailed at least a few days before the release of the game. You will receive the Hero's Band via the in-game mail system when you log in to Guild Wars 2 and create a character. Offer valid when shipped and sold by Amazon.com. Limit one per household. Amazon reserves the right to change or terminate this promotion at any time. Offer will be extended to all existing pre-orders.

again, Amazon is the exception ..

Beta key for preordering GW2 from Amazon

http://www.mmorpg.com/discussion2.cfm/thread/353361

oooooooooooooooooooooooohhh

Yeah...I guess Amazon did something for people who wanted to get the prepurchse bonuses and do business with Amazon which is soemthing I wanted to do but when I was looking to get the game from them thry only offered Preorders WITHOUT the prepurchase bonus. 

Well good! :D Go Amazon. I like Amazon. :D --> Vote with your money

Originally posted by Sentime
    Does Amazon send you the access code for headstart before you receive the box?

Amazon gave me a key for the BWEs -- I assume the same key allows for headstart  (but i dont know)

Originally posted by Sentime
    Does Amazon send you the access code for headstart before you receive the box?

You'll get a preorder code in the mail that will give you access to any BWE, stress tests, and the 3 day headstart.  When the game is officially launched you will then need to put in your box code ASAP. You're given a grace period before you MUST put in the code to access the game.  So if the box arrives several days late, no biggie.

"If you pre-purchase the Collector's Edition, you will have five days after the Guild Wars 2 launch date to apply your retail serial code. If your code isn't entered during the five-day period, you will be unable to access the game until you do apply the code to your account."

That's for the CE. I am sure the same applies to any boxed addition.

• kinky10kinky10 Member UncommonPosts: 215

Ok thanks for this I'm a uk player so I'll see what amazon over here are doing

• fiontarfiontar Member UncommonPosts: 3,682

Yeah. In the US, Amazon is the exception to the rule. If you pre-order prom Amazon now, you will get a pre-purchase level code, even though you don't pay for the game until it is shipped.

Since you want the box, make sure to pre-order the boxed version, not the digital version, which Amazon started offering very recently.

Amazon usually offers release day delivery, but even if they don't, there will be a short grace period after launch for people to enter their retail codes. I've never had Amazon not get a game to me before the end of such a grace period. Usually they do arrive launch day, I think once it was a day later.

Want to know more about GW2 and why there is so much buzz? Start here: Guild Wars 2 Mass Info for the Uninitiated

• oxbakeroxbaker Member Posts: 59
    Not sure if they can still get it to you on time but I ordered the boxed version when gamestop had it on for $29 and I got the beta access and head start.