Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

[Column] General: Five Things to Look for at Gamescom

SBFordSBFord Former Associate EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 33,129

Gamescom kicks off this week in Cologne, Germany. As with other summer conventions, lots of new things should be coming out of the show. We've got a few thoughts about things we hope to hear more about over the course of the week. Read on!

Here in the states we have E3, PAX, and GDC. Take all 3 of those shows, role them into one giant German schnitzle and you get Gamescom. One of the biggest conventions on the planet for video games and something Europe thrives on. The convention used to be held in former Eastern Block city of Leipzig, but for the last few years is hosted in the west side of Germany’s city of Cologne. The show is massive and fans, business folks, major publishers, and yes even Blizzard attend in full force. So with Gamescom kicking off this week we thought it would make sense to go through the top five things to look for at Gamescom this summer.

Read more of Garrett Fuller's The List: Five Things to Look for at Gamescom.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

Comments

• ScellowScellow Member RarePosts: 398
    Blade & Soul <3
  • WhiteLanternWhiteLantern Member RarePosts: 3,309

What I'm expecting / hoping for:

Assassin's Creed 3 info (expect a new trailer)

Dishonored info

Titan info (video snippet at least)

Wildstar trailer

I always confuse the big Euro board-game show with Gamescom. What is the name of that one?

I want a mmorpg where people have gone through misery, have gone through school stuff and actually have had sex even. -sagil

• garrettgarrett MMORPG.COM Staff UncommonPosts: 284

I wish Blizz would show a Titan snippet...

My prediction for that is BlizzCon 2013 though.

:p 
  • NephaeriusNephaerius Member UncommonPosts: 1,671

Titan info would be great, but I'm not going to get my hopes up.

Would love to see more of Wildstar, but it's just going to make me want the game that much more. =(

Steam: Neph

• LeucentLeucent Member Posts: 2,371
    Anything Wlidstar, that game just looks plain fun.
  • orbitxoorbitxo Member RarePosts: 1,956
    legit colum.

Well, I hit the first one. Apparently there is a new naval combat trailer being shown for AC3. Examiner had it up, but its blocked now. Have to wait a bit longer to see it officially, it seems.

Edit: Kotaku and Joytiq both have it up.........OMG! Not sure about tall-ships looking like they handle like speedboats, but that may just be a perception issue with the trailers.

I want a mmorpg where people have gone through misery, have gone through school stuff and actually have had sex even. -sagil

• FilburFilbur Member UncommonPosts: 254

From a press release:

"The leading games publisher ProSiebenSat.1 Games can boast not just one, but several highlights at this year's gamescom, Europe's biggest video and computer games fair. In particular, the partnership with Sony Online Entertainment LLC (SOE), entered into earlier this year, presents professional visitors with a fantastic portfolio of high-quality online games with a focus on the upcoming blockbuster game PlanetSide®2, the popular action online game DC Universe™ Online, and the online role-playing game EverQuest®II, along with the premieres of two brand-new online games."

• ZierrityZierrity Member UncommonPosts: 242

hearing more about Blade & Soul will be great :)

played the korean open beta and loved every minute of it^^ great to hear something about the NA/EU version :) Wildstart does seem interesting so looking forward to that aswell :3

And finally being able to see some gameplay from FFXIV 2.0 :D 

lot's of things to look forward too ^^

• solarinesolarine Member Posts: 1,203

This Gamescom is all about Wildstar for me. Looking forward to hearing more about the game.

Titan, well I really don't think Blizzard would want to drop a Titan bomb now, right before MoP. :)

Bonus: new Assasin's Creed Liberation footage! Looks choppy, but I'm still excited.

• PieRadPieRad Member Posts: 1,108
    Wish I still had a car :P I'd drive down there.. buuut, I'll just stay where I am and let you guys inform me I guess.

• mudd4evermudd4ever Member Posts: 158

Nice list.  I'm particularly interested in Blade & Soul and, having played FFXIV earlier, A Realm Reborn.  Who knows, maybe I'll find myself once again exploring the world of Eorzea..?  I would be surprised (pleasantly surprised) if Blizzard announces Titan this year.  But you never know.  Next year feels more likely to me though.

Anyone else hoping SOE will say more about EverQuest Next?  I really ... must know more ... gah.  Toss us some screenshots already, please? >;3

pie.

• CyclopsSlayerCyclopsSlayer Member UncommonPosts: 532
    EQ Next, Titan, these may be great or redefine terrible, they both have the same level of information out there... None.

@OP, nice list.