Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Im betting all my money on this game.

2»

Comments

• drakaenadrakaena Posts: 498Member Uncommon
    Reminds me a lot of Dark & Light conceptually but actually playable.
  • drakaenadrakaena Posts: 498Member Uncommon
    Originally posted by Deitylight
    Originally posted by gaeanprayer
    Wasn't the most recent gripe about this game that it WASN'T sandbox enough? Gameplay videos seem to suggest it's got the same mainstream quest mechanics as a typical themepark with open-pvp and owning castles being the sandbox element. Sounds more like an updated Lineage 2 than a sandbox. Correct me if I'm wrong, I haven't been following it that closely.

Let's not forget the terrible instances that most sandbox players hate.

There are at least three instances dungeons in Archeage at the moment.

Edit

Where the hell is my player made fraction that they mentioned ages ago?!

Players start off in one of two ready made factions. Eventually players can break off from their factions and join an Expeditionary Force made up of other players, or even become an outlaw and join a Pirate faction. The system wasn't fully implemented in CBT4 so we wait an see. Probably won't be playable in-game until open beta.

• lotapartylotaparty taxila canttPosts: 514Member
    it should be good . or else i will throw my computer out of the house

• coretex666coretex666 PraguePosts: 2,094Member Uncommon
    Originally posted by Vunak23
    Wasn't the most recent gripe about this game that it WASN'T sandbox enough? Gameplay videos seem to suggest it's got the same mainstream quest mechanics as a typical themepark with open-pvp and owning castles being the sandbox element. Sounds more like an updated Lineage 2 than a sandbox. Correct me if I'm wrong, I haven't been following it that closely.
    • Housing (underwater/AboveWater/On land)
    • Castle/City Building
    • Material Looting if a player is killed while hauling materials
    • Sieging
    • Ship Building/Battles/Sailing and Exploring
    • Class (Ability) system that puts most games to shame, yes GW2 Included.
    • Combat is good, has a background combo system with skills augmenting each other
    • Random World Bosses that actually are worth the time to fight and fight other players off them
    • Character Customization that is a step above AION's, I would put it close to APB's.
    • CryEngine 3 so the game looks really well done
    • You are not restricted to certain styles of play. Example, you can be a mage that wields a Great Sword.
    • You shape the world around you. Planting tree's in the world, you can actually create a forest.
    • Faction building. There are guilds and then there are factions that multiple guilds can join, not to be mistaken with an alliance. As even if a player is apart of a guild in a Faction does not mean that specific player has to join that faction.
    • Jailing/Murder System for Outlaws.

These are just some thins off the top of my head, the list goes on. This games depth in systems destroys every other game that has come out in the last 7-8 years, yes GW2 Included even though its not out yet.

Actually, it is quite a nice list of features you shot here.

To the themepark / sandbox discussion.

I think that it is not important to reach some consensus here. Some people may see it more as a themepark game, other people may call it sandbox. We are all looking at the same game, same features, it just does not matter if we agree on the strict classification of the game.

I first thought it is a sandbox because of the freedom and many sandbox features. Yes, there is sand to be played with. Growing crops, trees, breeding animals/mounts, pets, building castles, cities, houses, industrial buildings, ships, etc.

Then after a discussion with other member of this forum, I took into consideration the system based on level progression and the fact that the content will be practically divided by levels which is not exactly a characteristic feature of a sandbox game.

Now I consider it to be a hybrid since I cannot really strictly classify it.

• PsychowPsychow SF Giants Territory, CAPosts: 1,784Member
    Curt Schilling bet all his money on a video game...it didn't turn out well...
  • toddzetoddze no where, OKPosts: 2,155Member Uncommon
    Originally posted by Deitylight

Let's not forget the terrible instances that most sandbox players hate.

There are at least three instances dungeons in Archeage at the moment.

Edit

Where the hell is my player made fraction that they mentioned ages ago?!

imageimage  image  image

Ok I guess I can live with some instances, as long as there are some non-instanced dungeons. I have always preached diversity, so as long as i get a diverse range of content i cant complain about a few instanced dungeons. Its just that so many devs have abused instances it makes me sick to my stomach.

Waiting for:EQ-Next, ArcheAge (not so much anymore)
    Now Playing: N/A
    Worst MMO: FFXIV
    Favorite MMO: FFXI

• radagast777radagast777 poop, OHPosts: 80Member
    lol at all the nerds saying, "oh i dont bet money"
  • IcewhiteIcewhite Elmhurst, ILPosts: 6,403Member
    Originally posted by Rivalen

Don't bet money on MMOs my friend, people should know better by now.

Might not be so bad, if we could get some professional odds-makers in.

AA's been hanging out in vaporspace too long to do very well on the odds boards, probably.  The Duke Nukem of mmos?

OTOH, how long has Blizzard been dangling that Titan bait out there?

Self-pity imprisons us in the walls of our own self-absorption. The whole world shrinks down to the size of our problem, and the more we dwell on it, the smaller we are and the larger the problem seems to grow.

• ozmonoozmono Not tellingPosts: 1,211Member

The game concept appeals to me but I still don't have much faith in it. Even in the event that they could instantly localize it for english markets I still wouldn't be betting money on it doing well. The trailers all look crap as does the website. Recent games like dark age, mo and xyson all demonstrated to me how shallow the gameplay is for such games and how bad the communities tend to be and none of them were a "success" story. Based on the games I mentioned I also think the perceived market for similar games is larger than the actual market. All and all if I could trust you I would take some of that action.

• AngztAngzt berlinPosts: 230Member
    Originally posted by ArcheAgeFan

Im betting all my money on this sandbox game, i strongly believe this is the second coming of the christ for sandbox games.

No im not just spouting nonsense, im dead serious serious serious. Cant wait for it to come to USA.

k, i am rising all your money by a cent - and i wanna see!

"believe me, mike.. i calculated the odds of this working against the odds that i was doing something incredibly stupid… and i did it anyway!"

• DrakynnDrakynn The Pas, MBPosts: 2,030Member

Im betting all my money on this sandbox game, i strongly believe this is the second coming of the christ for sandbox games.

No im not just spouting nonsense, im dead serious serious serious. Cant wait for it to come to USA.

I'm right with you!I too am willing to bet all your money on this game and all your possessions too!

• Ambros123Ambros123 Neverneverland, TNPosts: 877Member
    OP sopunds like the countless proclaimations of how SWTOR would be the second coming of Christ and we all know how that story ended.  Beleive it when I see it.
  • CyclopsSlayerCyclopsSlayer Minneapolis, MNPosts: 532Member Uncommon
    Originally posted by Ambros123
    OP sopunds like the countless proclaimations of how SWTOR would be the second coming of Christ and we all know how that story ended.  Beleive it when I see it.

While I am a huge fan of AA, I am also a guarded one. Until I get my hands on and see what happens to the final version I make no proclamations of the 'second coming', much as I may want to thaere are just too many ways to screw the pooch.

A month after Korean/Chinese release will we get to see the finished product. The opinions will start to matter then. As well, depends on which Production Company they sign with in the west whether we see a 'second coming' or a 'second fall'. :)

• crysentcrysent cedar rapids, IAPosts: 837Member Uncommon

I'm with the others, While I certainly hope this game really delivers, I am very, very, very skeptical of both sanxbox games, korean games, and any hype about any mmo these days.  I'll belive it when I see it I guess, talk comes cheap in regards to mmos these days.

• IchmenIchmen Winnipeg, MBPosts: 1,228Member Uncommon

ill bet money on a game that is not even out... with the sole belief that it is the greatest game ever...

when those games can beat this one's origanality..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pDrRnJOCKZc

CPU: Intel Core i7 CPU 860 2.8GHz
    Evga GeForce 670 FTW
    Evga P55 SLI

<image

• spacebotspacebot kingsport, TNPosts: 148Member Uncommon

I'm waiting for my middle ages disco parties. Let's disco like it's 1350 A.D.!

2»