Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Lord of the Rings Online: New Video Highlights Rohan's "Character"

BillMurphyBillMurphy Former Managing EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 4,565

In the latest of several videos intended to explore the creation of LotRO's Riders of Rohan expansion, Turbine shows us how they create character (as in tone of the regions), and how they explore other aspects of the LotR books in a live-action vignette for the game. Check out the full video embedded below:

Try to be excellent to everyone you meet. You never know what someone else has seen or endured.

My Review Manifesto
Follow me on Twitter if you dare.

Comments

• NewmoonNewmoon Member UncommonPosts: 126
      Here's a game that did the cash shop f2p the right way. I'll be using my saved up coins to get this expansion.

• crazynannycrazynanny Member Posts: 173
    Originally posted by Newmoon
      Here's a game that did the cash shop f2p the right way. I'll be using my saved up coins to get this expansion.

Don't want to be smartass but doesn't most F2P games offer their expansions well like name says for free? And lotro store is well just like many other cash shops out there. It's only called balanced because there isn't real PvP(I think about equipped and leveled player vs player, not aritficial insta max lvl monster player with no equips) and people accept it in PvE.

I'm however sure that Rohan will be awesome place visually and lore-wise, that one thing Turbine did and still does flawless.

• zaylinzaylin Member UncommonPosts: 794
    Originally posted by crazynanny

Don't want to be smartass but doesn't most F2P games offer their expansions well like name says for free? And lotro store is well just like many other cash shops out there. It's only called balanced because there isn't real PvP(I think about equipped and leveled player vs player, not aritficial insta max lvl monster player with no equips) and people accept it in PvE.

I'm however sure that Rohan will be awesome place visually and lore-wise, that one thing Turbine did and still does flawless.

The Fact that you can EARN Turbine Points in game with out spending cash,is the right way imo.

• crazynannycrazynanny Member Posts: 173
    Originally posted by zaylin
    Originally posted by crazynanny

The Fact that you can EARN Turbine Points in game with out spending cash,is the right way imo.

Yes it is, game would be nigh impossible to enjoy without that, as unlike in many other f2p you have to buy content - quests, raids and instances. But then keep in mind that in most, if not all f2p, you can trade in game currency for cash shop items, sometimes with game itself, sometimes  with other players. So in the end it's same deal everywhere.

Anyways my point is/was LOTRO while a good game with no doubts, doesn't have anything  unusual or better about it's f2p/cash then other MMOs.

• SteamRangerSteamRanger Member UncommonPosts: 920

I am not impressed by the live action promo. Did I hear that these LOTR knockoffs are going to be in cutscenes in the expansion?

What a waste of development $$$!

"Soloists and those who prefer small groups should never have to feel like they''re the ones getting the proverbial table scraps, as it were." - Scott Hartsman, Senior Producer, Everquest II
    "People love groups. Its a fallacy that people want to play solo all the time." - Scott Hartsman, Executive Producer, Rift