Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Am I really having fun? Why Yes... I think I am!

OziiusOziius Member UncommonPosts: 1,406

Ok, so I'm pretty bored lately with MMO's. I don't like to talk bad about games, but I have left TOR, I have left TSW and I am currently waiting on Gw2 so I can give it some play time. 

I was wondering what to do in the meantime while I wait since I'm pretty much bored to tears with everything out. Then I remembered Champions. I sort of remember liking this game, and I think I only quit before cause my friends shat on it. 

I installed it and even re-subbed just to make sure I had all the archetypes to play around with and frankly $15 bucks doesn't bother me.  So I installed, then spent about 2 hours in the character creator. Wow. I must say that this was one of my favorite things aout the game. The Archetypes are really awesome and there are plenty to play with and make the type of character you want. And if you don't find it, you can go freeform and do whatever you'd like. 

So I got into game and I must say, I'm having a fucking ball. There are some really fun story lines and the alerts/instances with random villians seems pretty cool. There appears to be some good character developement and the customization is staggering. I dig how you can even change the color of your skills..lol. There are about 16 flight/travel forms in the game and more that are unlockable. 

I won't get into later game stuff, as I haven't gotten there yet. But man, it really has some good stuff. In addition, there are a TON of people around to play with and with the whole sidekick thing, I've been pretty busy. I have met more folks so far then I did in TOR and TSW combined. 

I will surely be playing with this gem until gw2 and due to the fact that they are so different, and gw2 has no sub, I may just have the two games that will sustain my MMO life...lol. Sorry for the long post, but I'm really surprised I'm liking this game so much. 

Anyone else play lately?

Comments

• gandalesgandales Member UncommonPosts: 472
    I have played for long time. I can understand that it might not be the long term mmo for most people but it definitely can give at least a couple months of fun. Glad you are enjoy it.
  • MeowheadMeowhead Member UncommonPosts: 3,716

I started playing it again actually, because a couple friends started playing it, thought I'd kee pthem company.

It's a little painful how much I have to rebuild my characters now that they're horribly broken and undergeared. :)

Thinking of starting a fresh character, probably be less frustrating.

A little (Read:  A lot) annoyed at the P2W cash shop (For realz, this time.  Not like how everybody calls every cash shop 'pay to win', you pay money, you get way more awesome.  So dumb), but it's at least a fun way to waste time.  More fun with friends, obviously.  Loving the sidekicking, at least. :)