Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Let's just admit it...

Comments

• helthroshelthros Member UncommonPosts: 1,449

Unlike most WoW haters I can acknowledge that WoW does have a grip on gamers unlike any other MMO. I recognize what the game has going for itself and that it simply has a following unlike any other MMO could aspire to acquire.

Having said that - I'm simply over it. My gf has been trying to get me to play with her since Cata released. I'm simply over it. These days I find myself enjoying EVE Online and the occasional League of Legends bashing of my head against the keyboard.

Sorry, there's nothing to admit here. I'm not one of the radicals that has insanely oblivious beliefs that GW2 will outdo what WoW has done, but I simply recognize that as an old school gamer, I've outleveled WoW.

• helthroshelthros Member UncommonPosts: 1,449
    Originally posted by Eir_S
    Originally posted by Valua
    Originally posted by Eir_S
    Originally posted by Xzen
    Have not logged in since BC. MoP is even less appealing than WotLK.

I actually liked WotLK for one simple reason: the antagonist was appealing and you could at least identify with him.  Then Cataclysm came and wow... Deathwing.  Ok... I guess?  

But now they're throwing a whole expansion out there with the special feature being....... a new race.  Doesn't EQII have like, 20 races or something?  They need another decent bad guy, and IMO they haven't done that since Wrath.

Deathwing was the greatest, and scariest, of all WoW's villians so far. Illidin was even better than the Lich King. 

Mists of Pandaria is going back to WoW's original game, when there was no "big bad boss."

MoP is the closest WoW has been to Vanilla since... Well Vanilla. 

Instead of focusing on one bad guy, and having a linear plot based around that one bad guy, Blizzard is putting empathis on Horde vs Alliance, and giving us a lot more freedom than any other expansion. 

Mists of Pandaria will be known as WoW's best expansion, people are just focusing on Panda's right now, but trust me this expansion is the best so far, and people will return in flocks to try out this one and actually stay after.

I don't agree with any of that, but different strokes and all.  Ilidan was cool, but the Lich King kicked his ass.  And Deathwing was a big dragon... ooo scary.  I don't know anyone but 5 year olds who are scared of dragons.  I don't even like them being the main villains in GW2.

MoP?  Greatest expansion?  The game will never be as fulfilling as vanilla or BC, too many shortcuts and a harmless leveling game, no challenge whatsoever.  Not that many people will re-join just to level some more alts with a new class.  Not gonna happen, there are more interesting games on the horizon finally.  WoW is a big casual clusterfuck now where it used to be the perfect amount of grinding.

I'm sorry but it sounds so hypocritical to bash wow for shortcuts to leveling and harmless leveling what-so-ever when you're a GW2 fanboy. Please educate me on the severe challenges and detriments to leveling brought on by GW2...

It seems like you could easily just exist in world events without really contributing outside of the general zerging in GW2 to level up just fine. A gw2 fan calling another game a clusterfuck... that's rich. Please educate me on the methodical strategy required to achieve the GW2 event completions that didn't involve massive random faceless individuals zerging bosses and massive amounts of random mob spawns.

Less blatant wow hating please.

• YakkinYakkin Member Posts: 919
    Originally posted by helthros

I'm sorry but it sounds so hypocritical to bash wow for shortcuts to leveling and harmless leveling what-so-ever when you're a GW2 fanboy. Please educate me on the severe challenges and detriments to leveling brought on by GW2...

It seems like you could easily just exist in world events without really contributing outside of the general zerging in GW2 to level up just fine. A gw2 fan calling another game a clusterfuck... that's rich. Please educate me on the methodical strategy required to achieve the GW2 event completions that didn't involve massive random faceless individuals zerging bosses and massive amounts of random mob spawns.

Less blatant wow hating please.

People who disagree with you are not automatically haters smartass.

Also, Leveling in GW2 is considered part of the experience, unlike WoW where it's nothing more than an obstacle and overglorified tutorial at best.

• XiaokiXiaoki Member EpicPosts: 3,846

Originally posted by Enigmatus
    Originally posted by helthros I'm sorry but it sounds so hypocritical to bash wow for shortcuts to leveling and harmless leveling what-so-ever when you're a GW2 fanboy. Please educate me on the severe challenges and detriments to leveling brought on by GW2... It seems like you could easily just exist in world events without really contributing outside of the general zerging in GW2 to level up just fine. A gw2 fan calling another game a clusterfuck... that's rich. Please educate me on the methodical strategy required to achieve the GW2 event completions that didn't involve massive random faceless individuals zerging bosses and massive amounts of random mob spawns. Less blatant wow hating please.
    People who disagree with you are not automatically haters smartass.

Also, Leveling in GW2 is considered part of the experience, unlike WoW where it's nothing more than an obstacle and overglorified tutorial at best.

Yes, leveling in GW2 is SUCH a part of the experience that ArenaNet themselves want to you to get through it as soon as possible.

http://www.arena.net/blog/progression-and-leveling-in-guild-wars-2

• Method01Method01 Member UncommonPosts: 128
    I haven't played WoW for some time now and i got to admit that i got bored very fast by the other exspansions. I will still buy MoP though and play it for a few months. MUST HAVE BRAINS!
  • xmentyxmenty Member UncommonPosts: 718

I will definitely not be coming back for MOP.

I just cannot stand WOW gameplay and the games content, after doing the fetch x and kill x quest at mount Hyjal.

Blizz are so lacking of creativity all they can come out is with Panda expansion to stop China players from leaving WOW.

I predict by the end of 2013 WOW will have 5 million players.

The East will be playing Age of Wushu, Archeage, GW2, Blade & Soul and Planetside 2 instead of WOW.

Pardon my English as it is not my 1st language :)

• daltaniousdaltanious Member UncommonPosts: 2,381
    Originally posted by Airhead80

... We will never break the habit. No matter how much you try to convince yourself that you wont resub, you will. Curiousity will get the better of you, you will want to see first-hand what MOP is about. Love it or hate it. Without a doubt, WoW is the most popular fallback MMO and most of us will do anything we can to try and rekindle that love for the game that we once had. Blizz are going to experiance a massive surge in population with the release of MOP.

Ita only a matter of time! 

Exactly. :-)) Even if now in my heart Wow has been dethroned by SWTOR I can still barely wait to play it. I admit is not the same entusiasim like with Cata, but still.

No offense intented, but Korean companies will never learn how to make really great games. But I guess when I will need detour from swtor, wow, rift, tsw, .... guess will try gw2 or some other game. But not for now.

• redfrickredfrick Member UncommonPosts: 42

While I am rooting HARD for GW2 I can't say that I will never go back WoW.  I guess I might if GW2 ends up being an epic failure like SWTOR.   But it would only be a temporary thing until something else came around that caught my attention and also my hope for someone to create something revolutionary.  GW2 may not be the revolution I think so many MMO fans crave but it sure as hell is a lot closer to it than cartoon pandas and pokemon pet battles.

• delete5230delete5230 Member EpicPosts: 7,081

1) Tired of getting hacked every time I cancel my account.

2) I refuse to play around with key logger stuff or what ever you call that crap, when Blizzard is ultimately responsible for resolving hacking.

3) I don't have the latest expansion. The last thing I would do is pay $39.00 for it BEFORE I could even think about about the Panda expansion.

4) This game is getting old. They should offer the entire bundle of original game and all expansions including the Panda thing for $29.00......Anything else would be greed !!!!

5) The game is a lobby game now....Sit and wait for ques.

6) The open world is completely dead of community ( play by your self ).

7) Too easy, the game is for 6 year olds.

I really have no plans on going back. GW2 all the way. If GW2 goes bad, I will go back to Vanguard, Find a non f2p guild and stay there..........But no panda thing......They destroyed this game for good

• Loke666Loke666 Member EpicPosts: 21,441

... We will never break the habit. No matter how much you try to convince yourself that you wont resub, you will. Curiousity will get the better of you, you will want to see first-hand what MOP is about. Love it or hate it. Without a doubt, WoW is the most popular fallback MMO and most of us will do anything we can to try and rekindle that love for the game that we once had. Blizz are going to experiance a massive surge in population with the release of MOP.

Wow, you sound like a junkie or a smoker.

• jusomdudejusomdude Member RarePosts: 2,706

Resubbed and lovin it, can't wait to play pandas, monks, scenarios, farming,new bgs, pet battles, etc. Gonna be awesome.

Already got mop prepurchased, and free from playing  D3.

• BrokenSpoonBrokenSpoon Member Posts: 205

Hi, I'm a Broken Spoon and I have not played WoW for nearly 2 years *applause*

All hail the Barn Owl! oh.. and the RED SQUIRREL!!!

• fenistilfenistil Member Posts: 3,005

MOP will be Cataclysm repeat.

Strong box sales (althrough lower than Cata) and big player drop after ~ 2 months and continuation of WoW playerbase decrease as a main trend.

• IcewhiteIcewhite Member Posts: 6,403

Ita only a matter of self control! 

Fixed that for you.

Self-pity imprisons us in the walls of our own self-absorption. The whole world shrinks down to the size of our problem, and the more we dwell on it, the smaller we are and the larger the problem seems to grow.

• sammandarsammandar Member Posts: 523
    Originally posted by jusomdude

Resubbed and lovin it, can't wait to play pandas, monks, scenarios, farming,new bgs, pet battles, etc. Gonna be awesome.

Already got mop prepurchased, and free from playing  D3.

Though I will not be joining you in the MoP fun, I am actually quite happy for you. I honestly do hope you get to enjoy WOW for many years to come. Having said that, I do look forward to seeing you in GW2 :-)

• jmcdermottukjmcdermottuk Member RarePosts: 1,571

I have broken the habit. I will not resub. I have no curiosity for MoP at all, with it's even dumber talents and what will end up as just yet more gear grind and repetetive content. Blizzard need to provide more than an expansion every 2-3 years consisting of yet more treadmill if they ever think they'll see more of my money.

For anyone looking forward to MoP, best of luck to you, hope you enjoy the game.

• Ren128Ren128 Member UncommonPosts: 73

Played WoW since a few months after release (still in Vanilla), had a 2 month or so break around Rift launch (still playing Rift, but not as much as TSW and soon to be GW2) and quit for good about a month or 2 after DS came out.

You could say Cata killed WoW for me, and not to mention my semi-casual raiding guild (we did raid 2/3 days a week and were 15/16 ranked on the server in the latter stages of LK expansion). Biggest thing I hated about Cata was putting the 10 and 25mans on the same lockout. And then came DS, personally I think its the worst raid ever in WoW.

The only thing which would see me back in WoW was if Blizz offered free MoP and then I'd only stick around if what remained of my guilds was still around. And if I was getting bored of Rift-Storm Legion/TSW/GW2.

• KothosesKothoses Member UncommonPosts: 921

While I know many people who have gone back, I currently have no intention of going back.

However I never say never with a "hobby" because to be  honest if they went back to TBC or even earlier WotLK style gaming I would consider it.

But for now my Theme Park Jollies change with the wind, SWTOR and RIFT currently vie for my main MMO, With TSW, DCU and War just after.

and GW2 soon... oh so soon

• fivorothfivoroth Member UncommonPosts: 3,916

I think the last time I actually paid for WoW was 2009. After that I have only returned for free scrolls, free 10 day cata trials but never actually subbed. 7 days are more than enough for me to give up on the game.

WoW Vanilla was the best game I have ever played. No other game (note I mean any game genre not just MMOs) compares to it. It was epic in every single meaning of the word epic!

I would say that anyone who played WoW vanilla loved that game and can't deny that the game was just ridiculously addictive and fun. I am not interested in the thoughts of those people who joined after vanilla was over. You never actually saw what WoW was all about. I kinda feel sad for those people who never experienced the magical World of Warcraft in its true glory back in Vanilla times.

Anyway WoW Vanilla was great and not even games like GW2 and GW1 (second most played MMO for me) will ever come to the crazy epicness of World of Warcraft.

Mission in life: Vanquish all MMORPG.com trolls - especially TESO, WOW and GW2 trolls.

• LobotomistLobotomist Member EpicPosts: 5,965
    Hmmm....no

• IstavaanIstavaan Member Posts: 1,350

speak for yourself brother, i haven't played the game in 3 years and have no intent on starting again.

• xenogiasxenogias Member Posts: 1,926
    Hmmm OP you might be right. Did WoW get rid of its cash shop? Let me look. Nope infact it has grown in the amount of pets and mounts in it since it launched. So no OP I'm afraid you are wrong. I will not resub to WOW. Sub fee + cash shop = no play for me. Even if I am one of the few to admit I really did enjoy playing it. Call me when they get rid of one or the other and I will gladly join you once gain.
  • OmnifishOmnifish Member Posts: 616

I may be back, I've retired more times from WoW then Terry Funk has from wrestling :P

I do doubt, however, that'll bother with MOP but in the future who knows? I had my period of addiction from 2007-10 and I'll never get like that again as most of those people have moved on, including me.

The next expansion on I may look into it again, never say never :)

This looks like a job for....The Riviera Kid!

• OmnifishOmnifish Member Posts: 616
    Originally posted by xenogias
    Hmmm OP you might be right. Did WoW get rid of its cash shop? Let me look. Nope infact it has grown in the amount of pets and mounts in it since it launched. So no OP I'm afraid you are wrong. I will not resub to WOW. Sub fee + cash shop = no play for me. Even if I am one of the few to admit I really did enjoy playing it. Call me when they get rid of one or the other and I will gladly join you once gain.

Unless you define a cash shop as just a place were you buy mounts and pets, then it doesn't have a cash shop.  There are no buffs in their cash shop or magic keys to unlock boxes or what not.

If thats you defintion of a cash shop then your going to miss out on a lot of the upcoming games :P

This looks like a job for....The Riviera Kid!

• Rider071Rider071 Member Posts: 318

haven't played WoW since 'bus shock'.

here's some neat thoughts though, ever since they were able to offer the game in China, it announced 12 million subs (9million today), but yet no one offers some simple math to the numbers.

US has 300 million population, I confess I do not know the % or number of internet users in the US.

China has 1.4 billion population, and I recently read that over 300 million of that population has internet access, not counting internet cafe users (which is also an immense number I am told).

Just taking those two examples, albeit I understand I do not have the US figues for internet users, what do you think the % of WoW subs are US vs. foreign sales?

I haven't talked to a player of WoW in my community circles in 3+ years, and no one plans on playing MoP. so my guess is 90% of those subs are foreign sales. Thus maybe that is the reason Vivendi is trying to dump the game.

I could be very wrong, but I just haven't seen the numbers (US players) ever in this genre to support WoW's figures, never have, and I been mmo'in since '98.

edited for a 2billion flaw in my typing, lol