Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Interested in the game? Don't let the launch jade you.

AconsarAconsar Member Posts: 262

Now before anyone attempts to burn me at the stake, yes, I was right there along side everyone else at launch and suffered through what was the worst "AAA" launch in probably MMO history.  I didn't last a month for a game that I had been excited for years ahead of time.  Naturally, I was very skeptical when my friend mentioned he was checking it out again ahead of the re-release of the game (Version 2.0, rehauling everything).

It's been about a week now and I've barely been able to put it down.  The game has since become what it should have been at release; stable and cohesive.  It's not "great" by most standards, but it's certainly on the higher end of good.  That being said, with what they've already added and changed, with the release of 2.0 I fully expect it to achieve that "great" level, without a doubt.

The monster spawns make sense and are properly tiered and have entire camps now, not just random spawns.  The lag is all but gone with the UI and there is a much more cohesive menu/overlay (although it's still Final Fantasy style, but this is another aspect they're improving upon in 2.0).  The combat is fluid and much more responsive and the class/advanced job system gives more depth to what was shallow at launch.  Leveling isn't a chore and they've since taken the standard experience route, no more "hit for random experience" amounts.  You kill something equal level?  You get 200 experience.  I've had no issues making money; guild leves provide a lot of gil and free gear as well as selling a fair amount of materials and items on my bazaar via the auction house (it's really just a bazaar search but it's so nice compared to having nothing from before).

That's just an example of what has changed, I'm pleasantly surprised and the list of improvements and changes for the full release of 2.0 is astounding.  Something that piqued my interest was the mention of Summoner and a take on Beast Master being added down the line along with more advanced jobs.

If anyone else was skeptical like I was, and believe me I looked at my $90 collector's edition after the release and wanted to perform a ritualist fire sacrifice, I'd suggest checking it out again.  The game is only $10 subscription during the lead up to 2.0 and the servers are surprisingly packed.

Edit: Here is a link to everything from the development path to the changes coming for 2.0.  Just click on the links at the bottom to view them in PDF form.

http://lodestone.finalfantasyxiv.com/pl/teaser/

Comments

• ChrisboxChrisbox Member UncommonPosts: 1,729
    Agreed, lots of fun to be had pre 2.0 now.  2.0 hopefully will be as mind blowing as I think it is. 

Played-Everything
    Playing-LoL

• April-RainApril-Rain Member UncommonPosts: 316
    just updating now and will be in 2morrow, sick of the nickel and dime f2p games so have big hopes FF has turned a corner and will be subbing full time

Playing: FFXIV
    Future: wishing for SWG 2, World of Warcraft Classic
    Played: Most current and extinct MMO's - 18 Years in....

Interesting Fact - I own 27 Tarantula's

• lotapartylotaparty Member Posts: 514
    plz can someone make a copy of final fantasy 14 europe dvd or installer  and send it to me ? i bought cd key online but they didnot gave me any installer :(  or upload it on filefactory and give me the links ? i will download it from there ?
  • AconsarAconsar Member Posts: 262

If anyone has any questions that are not covered in my op, feel free to ask or PM me.  I'm still learning, but I can answer to the best of my ability with what I have learned so far.

The game has a healthy population despite what I had expected after the release fiasco.

• FleshMaskFleshMask Member UncommonPosts: 249

Yes yes, Pleasepleasepleaseplease play the game, cus it soooo good.... in fact ask for the lifetime subscription...

the BEST game ....mmmm...

• gaeanprayergaeanprayer Member UncommonPosts: 2,341

"Jobs to progress by clearing quests rather than gaining EXP."

That has the potential to be either REALLY awesome, or really terrible. Unfortuntately, I think people have the right to be wary. 

I am keeping a watch on FF14, though. Mostly just because it's pretty and therefore fun to watch ;3 but if it ends up becoming a decent game, I'll be the first to play. Hopefully they'll consider a trial post 2.0 though, something to get my feet wet and decide whether those changes are worth the box fee + sub.

"Forums aren't for intelligent discussion; they're for blow-hards with unwavering opinions."

• snapfusionsnapfusion Member Posts: 954
    When does 2.0 hit?
  • SwankdSwankd Member UncommonPosts: 243
    They said later this year for ps3, but they haven't released any dates for the pc