Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Can male characters be bald?

QuicksandQuicksand Member UncommonPosts: 683

In beta I could not make my char bald (even though female chars could) I am curious if the live version of the game can make a male char bald at char creation?

Thanks

www.90and9.net
www.prophecymma.com

Comments

• tank017tank017 Member Posts: 2,192
    mine is
  • QuicksandQuicksand Member UncommonPosts: 683
    Awesome, thanks

www.90and9.net
    www.prophecymma.com

• GhavriggGhavrigg Member RarePosts: 1,308
    Yeah, for some odd reason it wasn't in the beta, but it was added for the release.
  • paroxysmparoxysm Member Posts: 437
    Originally posted by Aviggin
    Yeah, for some odd reason it wasn't in the beta, but it was added for the release.

It was added in the last Beta Weekend.  Bald and a #1 cut(5 o'clock shadow look).

• MindTriggerMindTrigger Member Posts: 2,596

The hair is so bad in this game that there are more bald players than I have ever seen in a game.  I notice this, because I always roll a bald / shaved head in MMOs if I can.

There is a problem with bald players though.  The clothing items weren't made for bald people, so anything worn on the head is jacked up.  For example, I wanted my Martial Arts deck specifically for the outfit that comes with it, but the headband, which I can't take off, orbits my skull at a distance of about two inches.  It looks ridiculous, and ruins the outfit.  Apparently they designed it with hair in mind, even though going bald is a popular option in this game.

A sure sign that you are in an old, dying paradigm/mindset, is when you are scared of new ideas and new technology. Don't feel bad. The world is moving on without you, and you are welcome to yell "Get Off My Lawn!" all you want while it happens. You cannot, however, stop an idea whose time has come.

• TruthXHurtsTruthXHurts Member UncommonPosts: 1,555
    Yes and it's about the only option if you don't want your hari to clip through your costume...

"I am not in a server with Gankers...THEY ARE IN A SERVER WITH ME!!!"

• ThanesThanes Member Posts: 182
    Mine just started clipping through last week.  Until then wearing a hat looked as intended, but recently the hair pops through.  They must have "fixed" something.
  • L0C0ManL0C0Man Member UncommonPosts: 1,065
    Originally posted by paroxysm
    Originally posted by Aviggin

It was added in the last Beta Weekend.  Bald and a #1 cut(5 o'clock shadow look).

I remember Ragnar Thornquist posting on the forums saying that they hadn't added a bald option because he personally didn't think anyone would use it.. and was surprised by how many people were requesting it so they added it before release.. :)

What can men do against such reckless hate?

• ArkainArkain Member UncommonPosts: 491
    Originally posted by Quicksand

In beta I could not make my char bald (even though female chars could) I am curious if the live version of the game can make a male char bald at char creation?

Thanks

• jdnycjdnyc Member UncommonPosts: 1,643
    Originally posted by Thanes
    Mine just started clipping through last week.  Until then wearing a hat looked as intended, but recently the hair pops through.  They must have "fixed" something.

I thought that was fixed last week?  huh

• dancingstardancingstar Member UncommonPosts: 362
    Originally posted by jdnyc
    Originally posted by Thanes

I thought that was fixed last week?  huh

Not completely, unfortunately. Hair still clips on a few hats, e.g. the military cap from the vendor in the Tube station. Most of the headgear clipping that was introduced in 1.1 was removed in 1.1.1, though.

• MisarisMisaris Member Posts: 140
    Originally posted by Quicksand

Thanks

I read the barbershop and surgeon are coming with Issue#2.. guess baldness should be possible then