Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

[Poll] I would activate my WOW account if...

Comments

• JaedorJaedor Member UncommonPosts: 1,173
    Originally posted by sammandar
    Originally posted by clumsytoes44
    Actually if they made a strictly vanilla server, i'd give serious thought about getting back into wow.

Talking to many wow and ex-wow players I find it that vast majority prefer Vanilla over present day wow. I'm curious as to what exactly is it about vanilla that makes it better than present day wow.

I'd guess it's a combination of riveting, epic story and difficulty.

There were quest chains in vanilla that no longer exist, like the Onyxia chain. It had 15 tiers (iirc) to complete and ended in a momentous walk to the SW Keep and an epic storybook fight. Not a cutscene where you passively watch your character, but you as your avatar made that epic march to confrontation. You were part of that story, and there were times you felt truly heroic.

With those epic moments in the story came the truly epic challenge of finding 39 other people to raid with on a regular basis to take down truly epic bosses. Anyone seeing Rag for the first time after all the challenge to just get to his encounter probably peed a little while rubbernecking to look up at him. :D And when he went down for the first time, it was an epic moment for the raid and the player. It took amazing coordination and team effort to win, and I'm guessing that's really what people love about vanilla wow.

• nariusseldonnariusseldon Member EpicPosts: 27,775

I am still sub to WOW, only because of the annual pass. Therefore, i will play MOP, but i think once i exhaust that content, i probably will unsub when my annual pass is up.

I probably won't play a sub MMO anymore.

• ariboersmaariboersma Member Posts: 1,802
    Originally posted by scarykids2
    Would only resub if every other mmo shutdown. Which will probably never happen.

even if that happened i still wouldn't. ahahahha 

this is pretty much me.. I played from open beta to about 1 yr ago, little over 1 yr I think, and I dont see them fixing the issues and to be quite honest I think I have completely moved on from that aspect of gaming and what it does to people. A big part of it is how Blizzard's crappy customer service and wishy washy rules breeds the worst community possible by allowing and encouraging through doing nothing harassment, stalking and worse. Blizzard just couldn't make it up to me at this point, im done with them and their game.

• ariboersmaariboersma Member Posts: 1,802
    Actually if they made a strictly vanilla server, i'd give serious thought about getting back into wow.

Talking to many wow and ex-wow players I find it that vast majority prefer Vanilla over present day wow. I'm curious as to what exactly is it about vanilla that makes it better than present day wow.

nostalgia.

in more depth its the newness they felt when first playing the game. There were a lot of things better then regarding classes though.

• KuinnKuinn Member UncommonPosts: 2,072

I went with the "not a chance!" option. I love the Warcraft world, pre-WoW lore, characters, and many things about Warcraft, but WoW is just too old, it looks old, and has old game mechanics, poor open world content, and a dev team unwilling to evolve the game in any direction.

Only solution to get me "back" would be to create a new mmorpg set in Warcraft universe, with fresh graphics, fresh gameplay, interesting and meaningful open world, and a dev team willing to take risks and evolve the game every now and then instead of just recycling the same old because they are scared they hurt the game if they try anything new.

WoW simply has just grown too old, it's not fun for me anymore and it never surprise me with expansions or patches. Damn Blizzard for not releasing any other Warcraft products because of WoW! >:(

• Ambros123Ambros123 Member Posts: 877
    Not a chance.  For me to play WoW ever again is for a reboot like GW2.  In Vanilla and BC there was a sense of identity between factions and had that feel that made them distinct present.  In WotLK there was a trends of lack of identity that has spiraled downward (It more have started with BC but that was minimal).  The love I had for the WC series was violtated in the end by what WoW has turned into today.
  • fenistilfenistil Member Posts: 3,005
    yeah never playing again

So... there is nothing, absolutely nothing that Blizzard could do to get you to play WOW again?

... interesting.

No noting that is realistic.

They would have to pump dozens of millions of dollars into redoing WoW completly basically making whole new game with totally diffrent design and focus than WoW have. 

So no not possible.

I played WoW Vanilla and I liked it, but even on day 1 I was making big compromises to play it (since I missed few things and few other were not handled in a way I wanted / liked - I am talking about core design things) AND WoW just went in LITERALLY opposite direction I would like it could go. When I realised what direction WoW was taking (shortly before BC release) I unsubbed.

So realistically there is no chance.

• GoldenArrowGoldenArrow Member UncommonPosts: 1,186

If I got MoP for free I'd totally play it out.

But not gonna buy another expansion :p

• AvanahAvanah Member RarePosts: 1,615

Only way they would get me back is if they did something better than GW2.

I don't see that happening anytime soon. :)

"My Fantasy is having two men at once...

One Cooking and One Cleaning!"

---------------------------

"A good man can make you feel sexy,

strong and able to take on the whole world...

oh sorry...that's wine...wine does that..."

• k-damagek-damage Member CommonPosts: 738

I'd only return if they implemented some sort of "Elite gameplay" system (to use a WoW term, or hardcore, if you prefer).

I don't mean only 2 or 3 new skills per expansion, but a whole new set of mechanics based on actual spells, with new skill trees. Some more complex and richer combat mechanics, for veterans who have been rinse & repeating the game's core mechanics since 2006 and are just too much bored of them to return, whatever the background novelty or big ass monster to beat are.

A lot of players have min maxed everything to the bone, only nowadays to mindlessly push buttons in a certain order without any surprise, whatever the iteration of X class mechanic is. Some sort of "higher tier of mechanics unlocking" could solve that problem, without scaring newcomers. 

edit : oh and bring back TBC's complex attunement system, of course, so I don't want to level 53263829 alts out of boredom.

***** Before hitting that reply button, please READ the WHOLE thread you're about to post in *****

• spades07spades07 Member UncommonPosts: 852

-it went free
    -Or added unique ruleset servers.

• dwarfusdwarfus Member UncommonPosts: 93
    Originally posted by AlBQuirky

THREE "Activate WoW now" threads? Please stop it!
    Here's One
    Here's Two

You are not obligated to participate in these threads. I think it would be interesting to see the results of the poll, to see how many people fall under which category. But I digress, with the advent of GW2 it will be interesting to see how many wow players leave wow to either play GW2, another game, or just leave wow because they're tired of it.

I'm not sure wow players will enjoy GW2. It is similiar in the sense of warriors and mage type characters, but with no add-ons, no dps feedback, no "Tank, healer, DPS" model, and having to dodge to survive it is a totally different game. I think some of those things might be shock to people. 

I showed my friends who love wow and only 1 out of 3 liked GW2 basically cause the other two thought the entry bar was kinda high. Fine with me....that's what I like about the game tbh.

• PsychowPsychow Member Posts: 1,784
    yeah never playing again

So... there is nothing, absolutely nothing that Blizzard could do to get you to play WOW again?

... interesting.

unfortunately no, there are just those cases that don't want anything to do with it period. no amount of change or persuading could make it happen. 

the game just does nothing for me at all anymore.

Fine...

"Hey guys! Cancel the free beer and lap dances. Scarykids2 is a no-go...damn.."

• The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • BrianshoBriansho Member UncommonPosts: 3,586
    Cancelled MOP, did Emerald Dream instead, and make murlocs and naga playable races.

Don't be terrorized! You're more likely to die of a car accident, drowning, fire, or murder! More people die every year from prescription drugs than terrorism LOL!

• sevitothsevitoth Member UncommonPosts: 375

It would take three things to get me back, and none of these will ever happen, so I'm done forever.

1. Remove dungeon finder.

2. Remove raid finder.

3. Make MoP much less linear then Cata.

Currently Playing: DAOC Uthgard

Previously Played: UO, DAOC, Shadowbane, AC2, SWG, Horizons, COX, WOW, EQ2, LOTRO, AOC, WAR, Vanguard, Rift, SWTOR, ESO, GW2.

• deniterdeniter Member RarePosts: 1,429
    Originally posted by Lonestryder
    Originally posted by Wolfenpride

Last I played was back in 2007/2008. I don't know..if they revamped the game into something different i'd probably check it out. As it is, there are plenty of games that already offer essentially the same kind of gameplay that WoW does. Many of them are also free.

I think one of the biggest issues I have with the game currently is how the leveling stage of the game seems to be pretty mind-numbingly easy. If they released some kind of hardcore server that made monsters/quests significantly harder and group-oriented(FFXI level of difficulty I guess), I would more than likely give that a shot.

I would be interested in this.

+2

• marcuslmmarcuslm Member UncommonPosts: 263

I love the world, the lore, the characters, the music, and so on. I would definitely pay to play WoW again if they made WoW 2.0 with a shiny new graphics engine, maybe some action-based combat, etc. That equates to building a brand new game and apparently they are not willing to do that with WoW since they went in another direction with Titan.

• Angier2758Angier2758 Member UncommonPosts: 1,026
    I'd want a WoW classic server with the additional races & classes.
  • nariusseldonnariusseldon Member EpicPosts: 27,775
    Originally posted by sevitoth

It would take three things to get me back, and none of these will ever happen, so I'm done forever.

1. Remove dungeon finder.

2. Remove raid finder.

3. Make MoP much less linear then Cata.

You remove LFD and LFR and i will be gone. So i balance you out.

I came back to WOW last year because of LFR. I have no intention to go through regular raiding anymore. Too much commitment and too much work. LFR is ideal. See the content, finish it.

• fernetekfernetek Member Posts: 61

I would come back in a heartbeat if they added a PvP system akin to the WvW system in Guild Wars 2 and the War Zone system in Warhammer. Wintergrasp was nice and all, but there was a TWO HOUR DELAY (ugh...2 hours...) between each match and you had to be well-geared and high level, two things which I don't think should be a requirement for PvP.

Also, going F2P might be cool too.

• ReklawReklaw Member UncommonPosts: 6,495

I would activate my WOW account if... »

Their game would be excactly like the WoW CGI trailers in animations and graphics.

So since that's not gonna happen guess my return is never gonna happen image

Don't get me wrong, WoW is a pretty great game, just not the mmorpg for me.

• IkifalesIkifales Member UncommonPosts: 305
    WvW, arena restricted to the arena server, end to rinse repeat endless gear grind, open world pvp revitalized, 3rd faction with the forsaken betraying the horde, no faction changing to make faction important again, increase difficulty in low level areas... etc...etc...
  • necrosteinnecrostein Member UncommonPosts: 80

there is little or nothing they could do to get me to go back.

i returned and  spent 2 weeks playing shortly after cata... i kept wishing that i was having fun.  and when i sat at the keyboard and realized i was dreading logging in... i knew that it was done for me.

• gboostergbooster Member UncommonPosts: 712

If...

Progression servers. Or they offer servers that are just Vanilla, or BC or Wrath, and soon to be up to Cata