Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Poll: Rush to 80 or take it easy ?

Comments

• Ice-QueenIce-Queen Member UncommonPosts: 2,483
    I will rush to 80 as quick as I can so I don't have anything to do but WvsWvsW and gather goods for the AH. I hate leveling part of games and I'm not interested in story at all. I like to get it done and over with, so that I can make the most money to buy anything with, I have 3 people to provide for, lol.

What happens when you log off your characters????.....
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GFQhfhnjYMk
    Dark Age of Camelot

• yaoming36yaoming36 Member UncommonPosts: 189

Developers said each level takes around 1.5 hours for the casual players. Last stress test which was an hour long, I got 1 level from 25 to 26, and that was from exploring new areas, unlocking waypoints and doing 1-2 dynamic events...

I honesly don't think you need to rush to 80 because the leveling curve is so smooth. Many MMOs have programmed us to rush to max level for "epic" content and levels 1-max level is just a hinderence but this is not the case with GW2, you should enjoy the journey as much as the end.

• YakkinYakkin Member Posts: 919
    I'm going to be WAY too busy trying to find a part time job and doing work for college by the time this game releases, so I pretty much gotta take it slow and easy.
  • ChristoooChristooo Member UncommonPosts: 86

Completionist in me is going to make me complete every zone haah before I move seeing as everything scale down no need to worry about losing exp/loot/items etc.

I'll probs follow the storyline with regards to the zones I level with

• DaezAsterDaezAster Member UncommonPosts: 788
    I'm just going to play the game, have fun, and go where the wind takes me. Not planning on rushing or smelling every flower but doing whatever I feel like at the time. 
  • clumsytoes44clumsytoes44 Member UncommonPosts: 463

Didn't vote because i didn't see a Get lost and have fun exploring option...

Which is what i'm gonna do, The journey to level cap should be just as fun if not funner than hitting cap.

• MithrandolirMithrandolir Member UncommonPosts: 1,701

I'm an explorer at heart. The journey is the most important thing to me, and as such I prefer it to last as long as possible.

In other words, I am probably the world slowest leveler in these games. Luckily both conditions compliment easch other well :)

I'll see you guys at 80... in about 6 months to a year most likely :)

Or immediately... in WvW!

• AldersAlders Member RarePosts: 2,207
    For the first time ever, I'm not rushing to max level.
  • xalvixalvi Member Posts: 329
    It is important to rush to lvl 80 because im going to be heavy on WvWvW, so i need to be on top of things. So as others that are planing to do WvWvW as their focus.
  • RobsolfRobsolf Member RarePosts: 4,607

I'll go at the speed it interests me to go.  None of the driving forces that make me want to rush to max level are present in this game.  And that's a good thing. 

If I play for long hours, it's because the gameplay compels me to.

• baphametbaphamet Member RarePosts: 3,311

why rush to 80 in this game? unless you have other games you want to play.

• MagnetiaMagnetia Member UncommonPosts: 1,015

I think what will happen is that people will quickly outlevel the zone they are in. The head start people will find that there aren't enough people in the higher level zones and perhaps go back to lower more populated areas. They will continue to level while half assissting the newer people, bringing them upto the zones the higher level players are at.

These players will be over leveled because they went back to the lower zones.

I think people will reach level 80 way before they get to the 80 zone.

Play for fun. Play to win. Play for perfection. Play with friends. Play in another world. Why do you play?

• paulythebpaulytheb Member UncommonPosts: 363

Gonna take my time and explore at whatever rate I feel like. I want to see everything.

This may result in gaining levels semi quickly as I will be out in the action much of the time.

Will take time out for crafting and dealing with guildmembers when I feel the need.

( Note to self-Don't say anything bad about Drizzt.)

An acerbic sense of humor is NOT allowed here.

• xalvixalvi Member Posts: 329
    Originally posted by baphamet

People who are interested in WvWvW.

• ZylaxxZylaxx Member Posts: 2,574
    Originally posted by Serelisk
    I'm not going to lie, Orr sounds completely worth rushing to 80 for, lol. 

Agreed but I wouldn't want to rush to fast to 80 only to find theres not enough players at that level to enjoy the content.  I'd rather take a normal amount of time and be abloe to enjoy all content at its own pace.

Everything you need to know about Elder Scrolls Online

Playing: GW2
    Waiting on: TESO
    Next Flop: Planetside 2
    Best MMO of all time: Asheron's Call - The first company to recreate AC will be the next greatest MMO.

• WeretigarWeretigar Member UncommonPosts: 600
    I want to have the best clothes to me, so i will probably need to do everything. Also my storage is going to be full of different clothes lmao.
  • joerockshahajoerockshaha Member UncommonPosts: 73

Racing to lvl 80 is rather pointless in my honest opinion because your going to be missing out on a lot of things the world(game) has to offer to you. For me personally i'll only be rushing to lvl 15-18 day one because that was the highest i got to from BW1 before i started to fool around with the other classes, PvP,WvWvW. Praise the lord that A-Net did some stress tests last week/weekend because i was able to restart on my Warrior and get an idea of how i wanted to preceed when the game comes out such as, what to explore (like after specific quests), get a feel for what the options were for the story (Human only so far), and overall get a better feel for the Warrior class because im stuck between using a Greatsword and a Hammer, both of which are amazing and fun to use, with unique skill sets.

Once i get to that set goal it will be all about doing what ever comes to my mind, whether or not i want to go do some WvWvW, some sPvP, or even start on an elementalist, i know ill be enjoying the game.

• xmentyxmenty Member UncommonPosts: 718

This game has bring back that crisp new awesome feeling for me.

I get that feeling when I first start playing AO and WOW.

Yea going to take my own sweet time leveling and exploring this game.

Pardon my English as it is not my 1st language :)

• legendsololegendsolo Member UncommonPosts: 81
    gathering, crafting and playing the Auction house.If my friends are on maybe some WvWvW, not that into combat.

• gaeanprayergaeanprayer Member UncommonPosts: 2,341
    Read and watch everything. Visit every landmark, get every skillpoint, craft every recipe. How fast or slow that gets me to 80, I don't care. I've been the first to cap before, rushing to it is career suicide; you get to level cap first then feel like going back and redoing content or making alts isn't worthwhile, because you're so burned out on the marathon you just completed. Taking my time and enjoying this game for a long time to come.

"Forums aren't for intelligent discussion; they're for blow-hards with unwavering opinions."

• Got_Game_TVGot_Game_TV Member UncommonPosts: 262
    This seems to be dependant on the player demographic you play with.  All the high end competitive pvpers will typically be playing anywhere from 22-24 hours a day during the first month soooo....meh.
  • PoufPouf Member Posts: 341

I am someone who will be "rushing" 80, meaning yes I will probably go to 80 quick without exploring too much and such.

If the game is right with what they say tho, it means that once i'm 80 I have plenty of things to do, so yea I will go back to lower zones to explore dungeons i skipped and try events I missed and things like that. But at least I know that if something appear somewhere that i really want to do, let it be that WvW may be a bit unbalanced for real 80 , or a dungeon that requires level 75 or watever i'll be  okay.

I will NOT complain that there is nothing to do once i reach 80 tho, even if going into lower level zones makes it "boring" combat wise I will then go and try to get all the exploration achieves and such, but my first aim will be 80.

That's my opinion

• gelraengelraen Member UncommonPosts: 316
    Originally posted by xalvi

Errr... But you can take part in WvWvW at max level right away...

Originally posted by gelraen
    Originally posted by xalvi

Errr... But you can take part in WvWvW at max level right away...

Yes but if it goes like SWTOR BGs real 80 will still have a advantage to "raised to level 80" ones, and personally, i kinda hope there is some difference

Originally posted by gaeanprayer
    Read and watch everything. Visit every landmark, get every skillpoint, craft every recipe. How fast or slow that gets me to 80, I don't care. I've been the first to cap before, rushing to it is career suicide; you get to level cap first then feel like going back and redoing content or making alts isn't worthwhile, because you're so burned out on the marathon you just completed. Taking my time and enjoying this game for a long time to come.

I don't want to flame, but I do not think you've been the first to a cap in a real popular game, because usually it's teamwork and takes less than 2 days. so you arent really burned out , it is a fun challenge, but like you said you rush content so far, that i dont even mind later on doing an alt...