Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Let's just admit it...

Comments

• SquishydewSquishydew Member UncommonPosts: 1,107
    Originally posted by Airhead80

... We will never break the habit. No matter how much you try to convince yourself that you wont resub, you will. Curiousity will get the better of you, you will want to see first-hand what MOP is about. Love it or hate it. Without a doubt, WoW is the most popular fallback MMO and most of us will do anything we can to try and rekindle that love for the game that we once had. Blizz are going to experiance a massive surge in population with the release of MOP.

Ita only a matter of time! 

Yup.. i used to think this way but since Cata I've had absolutely no interest in returning, my first 85 bored the hell out of me.

Still a great game, but It's just not entertaining anymore, It's gotten stale.

• Bama1267Bama1267 Member UncommonPosts: 1,822

... We will never break the habit. No matter how much you try to convince yourself that you wont resub, you will. Curiousity will get the better of you, you will want to see first-hand what MOP is about. Love it or hate it. Without a doubt, WoW is the most popular fallback MMO and most of us will do anything we can to try and rekindle that love for the game that we once had. Blizz are going to experiance a massive surge in population with the release of MOP.

Really? Therewas a time when that probably held true with a lot of folks, myself included. Be it because teh game is old or what have you, It just isnt the same anymore. I don't even think about this game anymore ... nor would I ever want to log in ... even less so with pandas. I played Cataclysm for a month, deleted every character I had ( every class over 70, most at 80-85). No, I will never return even for this very wierd expansion. Was fun while it lasted but not a chance ....

• solarinesolarine Member Posts: 1,203

Honestly, the fallback MMO for me is EVE. It's been that way for years now.

I have resubbed to WOW on new expansions, but that's just because I'm curious about new content. Here's the pattern up to now: I buy the new expansion, stick around for a month or two, then unsub. Without an expansion I'd probably not have subbed back at all in the last several years.

Actually, even with a new expansion now, I probably won't.

• sammandarsammandar Member Posts: 523
    Originally posted by Phry
    Originally posted by Valua
    Originally posted by sammandar

Sorry buddy, GW2 is my new home now.

You say this now, but I can almost gaurentee you will sub back to WoW eventually.

True enough, i know for me at least, i'll be getting MoP, in spite of the whole panda debacle tbh, i'll most likely play it for 2 or 3 months, and then let subs lapse again, or i might stay longer, my main game is really Eve, anything else i play is usually just casual, and thats about the most you can hope for with WoW, besides, by the time MoP comes out i'll probably have finished with SW;TOR, until they bring out something new there too at least. image

To be quite honest, I will not be renewing my subscription or be purchasing MoP. I was talking about this with my wife last night. Even if I wanted to, I cannot justify spending 15 bucks on a game I'll be hardly spending any time on. I'm married, working and on February will be a brand new daddy, I don't now nor will I have the time in the future to play two mmorpgs; I'll barely have time for one!

It is more than just a lack of time though. Just yesterday I got on my account, which will expire on Aug 28th, and I found it to be boring. I told my wife that character movement feels "blocky", combat is stale, and the game as whole just looks bad. I guess you could say that just like a kid out grows toys he once thought were cool, GW2 has caused me to out grow WOW.

Another plus regarding GW2 is that it is not as time consuming as WOW. In WOW, in order for my character to remain relevant and to be able to keep up with the gear curve I have to spend hours without end grinding in raids. On the other hand, in GW2, I will be able to jump in for  just15 to 30 min in WVW or quest with guildies and not be left behind. That's the "magic" of GW2, at least for me.

• ganntakganntak Member UncommonPosts: 19
    Nope sorry left over a year back and have no intention of returning. After playing the Guild Wars 2 betas why would i? I admit i have tried the 1-20 free wow levels but seriously it feels and looks poor now,really showing its age imo. There are so many really good F2P games now that look a hell of a lot better than wow why should people pay a monthly sub? Blizzard just churning the same old tat out every expansion and from what i hear from old guildies the Kung Fu Panda thing is turning a lot more off. Wow was a great game ,i played for 5-6yrs most days loved it but it got stale and repetitive and for most they log in only to chat to others. Well there are plenty of chat rooms for that kinda thing but free lol.Guild Wars 2 will take a lot more from WOW and the fact its free after purchase shows the greed of Blizzard/Activision. If Anet can do it Blizzard sure can .
  • DuvandDuvand Member Posts: 33

LOL...not this time I'm afraid.

I also played WOW from Beta and liked the mechanics compared to DAOC I had been playing.  The lore of wow is just awful, so much so that I rarely read the quest text.  If DAOC had the same UI mechanics as WOW I would have never left as that is a game rich in Lore.  Besides all that, Cata was the final nail in the coffin for me as I felt I had been completely ripped off.

WOW is now just a stand around in major cities waiting for instances to start, and then have people bitch about gear and of course the compulsory "let's run through this instant as fast as we can!".  Sad as it is, what was once an ejoyable *exploration* game has become this awful gear grinding beamoth.

Pandas?...give me a break...lol...I'd rather play Buckaroo with my kids.

• KuinnKuinn Member UncommonPosts: 2,072
    I should pay 15€ a month for spending my sparetime doing something that I dont like to do? No thanks, that would be kinda stupid and a waste of time. I'll rather do something that I find fun.
  • TrionicusTrionicus Member UncommonPosts: 498

You're def. not speaking for everyone.

Poll it.

• Originally posted by grimal
    Originally posted by Axxar
    Originally posted by grimal

Asking me to go back to WoW is like convincing an FPS player to go back to DukeNukem3D.

Not going to happen.

Duke Nukem 3D is way better than some of the crap FPS games youget these days. So yes. Going to happen. Has happened, in fact.

How did you get past the 15 year old graphics? I couldn't do it....just couldn't

You can get EDuke32 which lets you play the game using higher resolutions and other cool stuff. That being said I prefer Doom over Duke3D, which also has "ports" that allow Windows play with high res. There are even GL ports.

• dwarfusdwarfus Member UncommonPosts: 93

I can guarantee with absolute certainity that I won't resub.

Wow to me is like an ex-girlfriend. There's a reason we broke up and I already resubbed once before when I forgot all the bad stuff and idolized only the good. Then of course, the inevitable - we broke up again. Now I found a new girl who is every bit my dreamgirl. We're engaged to be wed and I've moved on. Although Wow will always have that special spot in my heart.

• PsychowPsychow Member Posts: 1,784
    I'll pick it up if enough of my firends want to. Right now I don't plan on it. We will see. I'm being open minded about it.
  • jenseajensea Member UncommonPosts: 47

I loved WoW and played it for years, never let my sub lapse once.. But I unsubbed 2 months after Cata and will not return. The writing was on the wall in Wrath -- Cata made it clear I was done. Blizzard is no longer targeting players like me.

Your comment might have been more true a couple of years ago. But if my guild and most of my old server are any indication, Cata was the cure for our addiction.

Youtube is going to have to tell me anything I want to know about MoP.

• observerobserver Member RarePosts: 3,685

I would have agreed during Vanilla, BC, Wotlk, but after Cata, a lot people won't be coming back.  That was the most disappointing expansion yet.

• Eir_SEir_S Member UncommonPosts: 4,440
    Originally posted by Xzen
    Have not logged in since BC. MoP is even less appealing than WotLK.

I actually liked WotLK for one simple reason: the antagonist was appealing and you could at least identify with him.  Then Cataclysm came and wow... Deathwing.  Ok... I guess?  

But now they're throwing a whole expansion out there with the special feature being....... a new race.  Doesn't EQII have like, 20 races or something?  They need another decent bad guy, and IMO they haven't done that since Wrath.

• FalcomithFalcomith Member UncommonPosts: 830

Nah. Wont resub. I'll just wait until they offer the 7 day trial like they did for Cata. All in all, I had my fun with WoW when it released. Had a non stop sub for 2 years and then off and on until a month after Cata released and then said goodbye.

I believe GW2 will keep me moving forward for a very long time. Hopefully as long if not longer then WoW.

• ChrisboxChrisbox Member UncommonPosts: 1,729
    For many, your are correct OP.  I wouldn't say I suffer from that, rather I have a desire to play an Enjoyable WoW at all times, and I dont always agree with what blizzard presents. 

Played-Everything
    Playing-LoL

• RobsolfRobsolf Member RarePosts: 4,607
    Originally posted by Loktofeit

I can play a Panda in several games already. I genuinely have no interest in resubbing to WOW.

Same here.  And it's not just the panda thing; the feature list from top to bottom lists not a thing that appeals to me.  Maybe the monk class, I guess?  Not nearly enough.  And I ordered Cataclysm and sincerely enjoyed it for about 3 months.  I don't regret the purchase.

But werewolves much much MUCH > Pandas...

Besides... between LotRO RoR and GW2 I'm gonna be set for a good while.

• ValuaValua Member Posts: 520
    Originally posted by Eir_S

I actually liked WotLK for one simple reason: the antagonist was appealing and you could at least identify with him.  Then Cataclysm came and wow... Deathwing.  Ok... I guess?  

But now they're throwing a whole expansion out there with the special feature being....... a new race.  Doesn't EQII have like, 20 races or something?  They need another decent bad guy, and IMO they haven't done that since Wrath.

Deathwing was the greatest, and scariest, of all WoW's villians so far. Illidin was even better than the Lich King. 

Mists of Pandaria is going back to WoW's original game, when there was no "big bad boss."

MoP is the closest WoW has been to Vanilla since... Well Vanilla. 

Instead of focusing on one bad guy, and having a linear plot based around that one bad guy, Blizzard is putting empathis on Horde vs Alliance, and giving us a lot more freedom than any other expansion. 

Mists of Pandaria will be known as WoW's best expansion, people are just focusing on Panda's right now, but trust me this expansion is the best so far, and people will return in flocks to try out this one and actually stay after.

• Eir_SEir_S Member UncommonPosts: 4,440
    Originally posted by Valua
    Originally posted by Eir_S

Deathwing was the greatest, and scariest, of all WoW's villians so far. Illidin was even better than the Lich King. 

Mists of Pandaria is going back to WoW's original game, when there was no "big bad boss."

MoP is the closest WoW has been to Vanilla since... Well Vanilla. 

Instead of focusing on one bad guy, and having a linear plot based around that one bad guy, Blizzard is putting empathis on Horde vs Alliance, and giving us a lot more freedom than any other expansion. 

Mists of Pandaria will be known as WoW's best expansion, people are just focusing on Panda's right now, but trust me this expansion is the best so far, and people will return in flocks to try out this one and actually stay after.

I don't agree with any of that, but different strokes and all.  Ilidan was cool, but the Lich King kicked his ass.  And Deathwing was a big dragon... ooo scary.  I don't know anyone but 5 year olds who are scared of dragons.  I don't even like them being the main villains in GW2.

MoP?  Greatest expansion?  The game will never be as fulfilling as vanilla or BC, too many shortcuts and a harmless leveling game, no challenge whatsoever.  Not that many people will re-join just to level some more alts with a new class.  Not gonna happen, there are more interesting games on the horizon finally.  WoW is a big casual clusterfuck now where it used to be the perfect amount of grinding.

• TokkenTokken Member EpicPosts: 3,547
    Just say NO to drugs... err, Wow.

Proud MMORPG.com member since March 2004!  Make PvE GREAT Again!

• TheBigDRCTheBigDRC Member Posts: 162

Only thing I'm going to admit, is that I stopped playing a year ago and I'm not going back.

Fell for their tricks once already with one of their recent products.

Fool me once, shame on you. Fool me twice, bite me. image

You know what's fun about chaos? I do, but I won't tell.

• Paradigm68Paradigm68 Member UncommonPosts: 890
    I played for about a year a while back. Left for some years, Went back once, leveled a new char to cap, then unsubbed. Done.
  • mad-hattermad-hatter Member UncommonPosts: 241
    Haven't touched it since BC released, and will never go back.  Day 1 player and love the Warcraft lore but it got pretty stupid after first expansion I'm surprised people liked it so much.  Warcraft 4 though....you bet I'll get it if it ever comes.
  • ESSKAESSKA Member UncommonPosts: 107

Ghost Crawler is that you? Or maybe some random blizzard employee.

• prpshrtprpshrt Member Posts: 258

As MUCH as I would like to say no, this will probably be true of me. The checking out WoW part not the re-sub part. Idk I MIGHT re-sub but I will prolly just wait until they give me another seven day re-entry to check MoP out. I absoultely REFUSE to buy the xpac though. I'd rather burn my $40 than buy it because I'm fairly certain I'b be overwhelmed with a feeling of intense disappointment from myself and loved ones if I did. As a great man named yahtzee once said, "... because hanging yourself on christmas day is slightly less depressing than playing world of warcraft"

The game is dead. Not much to see, move along...