Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Advice please

kevjardskevjards Member UncommonPosts: 1,452
Ok,just started guild wars 2 to see if there were any updates..the first thing that hit me when i logged in was that now my graphics card is not compatible..that was the warning i got..i have an nvidia 560 ti.now i have been in previous betas without any problems..i,m just curious ,what changed for it to come up with that warning..all drivers up to date..any advice anyone..tried to find info but no luck..anyone with any links i would be greatful..ty in advance.

Comments

• BeansnBreadBeansnBread Member EpicPosts: 7,254
    It says "graphics driver" for me, not "graphics card."
  • Matheusor1Matheusor1 Member Posts: 174
    That's what showing up right now for me as well, it's probably unrelated to the graphics card. Just like 99% of the time the firewall error is unrelated to firewall protection.
  • ZzadZzad Member UncommonPosts: 1,401

I´m getting the same notification on my graphic drivers....

First time i get this message...i participated in all BWE & Stress Tests without problems...

I´m using a GTX 260 with latest drivers.

• kevjardskevjards Member UncommonPosts: 1,452
    Originally posted by colddog04
    It says "graphics driver" for me, not "graphics card."

i may have misread ,you maybe correct..but either way will nvidia do an update for this if that is the case?

• Loke666Loke666 Member EpicPosts: 21,441

Lol, it is one of the most basic gamer cards so you mean it´s drivers.

There is probably a new one out, just go to nvidia.com and get the new one. It is not that unlikely that Nvidia have been tweaking the drivers a bit for GW2, they often do so for new larger games.

• DanitaKusorDanitaKusor Member UncommonPosts: 556
    There isn't any new drivers out yet (it will still get this message with the latest beta drivers) but it is likely that there will be new drivers in the next 2 week sometime especially for GW2. 

The Enlightened take things Lightly

• Loke666Loke666 Member EpicPosts: 21,441
    Originally posted by DanitaKusor
    There isn't any new drivers out yet (it will still get this message with the latest beta drivers) but it is likely that there will be new drivers in the next 2 week sometime especially for GW2. 

Ah, yeah, it should be out any day then. Just update before launch and you should be fine.

• DawnstarDawnstar Member UncommonPosts: 207

No problems here.

• AnthurAnthur Member UncommonPosts: 961

Got the same message. You can either install the nvidia beta drivers or wait for next driver release which will probably in the next 1-2 weeks.

Was also a topic on reddit.

http://de.reddit.com/r/Guildwars2/comments/y596l/solution_for_graphics_driver_notification_upon/

• RamanadjinnRamanadjinn Member UncommonPosts: 1,365
    there is also the option of simply waiting to see if it is resolved by Arenanet before the game is actually playable again.
  • xalvixalvi Member Posts: 329

Going to give you some real advice. Look at threads on the same page before making new ones about problems :p

http://www.mmorpg.com/discussion2.cfm/thread/360399/page/1

• Lord.BachusLord.Bachus Member RarePosts: 9,686
    Wayting for an optimised AMD driver. Thats probably far from ready

Best MMO experiences : EQ(PvE), DAoC(PvP), WoW(total package) LOTRO (worldfeel) GW2 (Artstyle and animations and worlddesign) SWTOR (Story immersion) TSW (story) ESO (character advancement)