Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Let's just admit it...

... We will never break the habit. No matter how much you try to convince yourself that you wont resub, you will. Curiousity will get the better of you, you will want to see first-hand what MOP is about. Love it or hate it. Without a doubt, WoW is the most popular fallback MMO and most of us will do anything we can to try and rekindle that love for the game that we once had. Blizz are going to experiance a massive surge in population with the release of MOP.

Ita only a matter of time! 

user

Comments

• LoktofeitLoktofeit Member RarePosts: 14,247
    Originally posted by Airhead80

... We will never break the habit. No matter how much you try to convince yourself that you wont resub, you will. Curiousity will get the better of you, you will want to see first-hand what MOP is about. Love it or hate it. Without a doubt, WoW is the most popular fallback MMO and most of us will do anything we can to try and rekindle that love for the game that we once had. Blizz are going to experiance a massive surge in population with the release of MOP.

I can play a Panda in several games already. I genuinely have no interest in resubbing to WOW.

There isn't a "right" or "wrong" way to play, if you want to use a screwdriver to put nails into wood, have at it, simply don't complain when the guy next to you with the hammer is doing it much better and easier. - Allein
    "Graphics are often supplied by Engines that (some) MMORPG's are built in" - Spuffyre

• sammandarsammandar Member Posts: 523

Sorry buddy, GW2 is my new home now.

• DerpybirdDerpybird Member Posts: 991

Psychological projection or projection bias is a psychological defense mechanism where a person subconsciously denies his or her own attributes, thoughts, and emotions, which are then ascribed to the outside world, usually to other people. Thus, projection involves imagining or projecting the belief that others originate those feelings.[1]

Projection reduces anxiety by allowing the expression of the unwanted unconscious impulses or desires without letting the conscious mind recognize them.

"Loading screens" are not "instances".
    Your personal efforts to troll any game will not, in fact, impact the success or failure of said game.

• monarc333monarc333 Member UncommonPosts: 622

I used to think that way, and for a while it was true. But after Cata, WoW just lost something special that I had grew attached too. I haven't logged in, in over a year. Havent payed attention to any Panda news, and havent visited mmo champ in a long time. And I played WoW since '04. I think the addiction is finally broken.

But its about to be replaced with GW2...

• VorchVorch Member UncommonPosts: 793

Over 1 million people since 2011 would have to disagree with you, OP. They don't appear to be coming back...

WoW won't die, but Activision has gotten it's talons into Blizzard...it's now a cash cow instead of a game designed by gamers for gamers.

"As you read these words, a release is seven days or less away or has just happened within the last seven days— those are now the only two states you’ll find the world of Tyria."...Guild Wars 2

• IstrebiteIIstrebiteI Member Posts: 266

Yep, i finally stopped playing for good. Even though when i was leaving, i was earning ~5000 gold every day trading AH using only one legal addon and no effort whatsoever. And max level toons. WoW just went too far into the NON-EPIC direction after the Vanilla Epicness it was.

Hope GW2 will be my new home, if not - whatever, not going back to WoW. ESPECIALLY FOR STUPID CHINESE EXPANSION. Sorry but chinese art is for people who specifically adore that kind of art and i'm not one of them. Personal preference, of course. But i dont like those whirly dragons, those houses, those hats, those colors, those .... everything. I like Warcraft like Warcraft II or Warcraft III and while Warcraft World was like that, i was fun. Now, it goes further and further away from that. And it has gone too far away.

Originally posted by monarc333

I used to think that way, and for a while it was true. But after Cata, WoW just lost something special that I had grew attached too. I haven't logged in, in over a year. Havent payed attention to any Panda news, and havent visited mmo champ in a long time. And I played WoW since '04. I think the addiction is finally broken.

yup, same here... was going to make an narcotics analogy... but which game would be which drug?

• OziiusOziius Member UncommonPosts: 1,406
    I openly admit it. Always have. I will be back, just like before cause deep down, I really love the game. I love the characters, the races, the lore, the comic books, the novels. It's a fucking cool world. That's what brings me back more then anything. The world. Also, it doesn't hurt that I have been playing a Pandarian Monk and LOVING it. 
  • EvelknievelEvelknievel Member UncommonPosts: 2,964

Yep, I already accepted this fact, however most players won't admit it.

Curiosity always gets the best of me and as I stated, I am a victim of peer pressure as well.

• AerowynAerowyn Member Posts: 7,928
    in 2004 through 2005 wow was my game of choice I loved the game played probably 40 hours a week. I left late 2005 and resubbed in 07 to try BC.. played for about 2 months and quit and have yet to return.. honestly it's not hard to not come back plenty of other games out there.. but wow will always have great memories for me.

I angered the clerk in a clothing shop today. She asked me what size I was and I said actual, because I am not to scale. I like vending machines 'cause snacks are better when they fall. If I buy a candy bar at a store, oftentimes, I will drop it... so that it achieves its maximum flavor potential. --Mitch Hedberg

• FrodoFraginsFrodoFragins Member EpicPosts: 5,903

After Cataclysm, I'm not really interested.  GW2 should keep me busy for a while.  After that I'll use my free points to buy the LOTR expansion quest pack.  After that I'll level the other seven classes in SWTOR in F2P.  After that, hopefully D3 will be much improved, if not I'll try Torchlight and maybe the POE open beta.

• MagnetiaMagnetia Member UncommonPosts: 1,015

I think some people are just taking a break before the release of MoP. A few of my wow friends said they are just waiting for it and just a little sick of current content.

I don't doubt there will be a surge in population. I would go so far as to say 40% of people who quit will come back. I won't be one of them though. I have to see how far Guild Wars 2 will take me.

One day after some expansions I may come back to WoW and see the new content. 

Play for fun. Play to win. Play for perfection. Play with friends. Play in another world. Why do you play?

• lotapartylotaparty Member Posts: 514

u might have that problem i dont .with scroll of resurrection i tried the game for 7 days free and the game is even more horrible than when i left in 2010

• Dreamo84Dreamo84 Member UncommonPosts: 3,713
    Originally posted by Vorch

Over 1 million people since 2011 would have to disagree with you, OP. They don't appear to be coming back...

WoW won't die, but Activision has gotten it's talons into Blizzard...it's now a cash cow instead of a game designed by gamers for gamers.

I like how people argue that the game losing subs is a cash grab...lol ya they purposely started pissing off players to make more money?

Or it could be that the game is 8 years old now is it? I dont know any MMO that wasn't on life support after 4.

• WhiteLanternWhiteLantern Member RarePosts: 3,309

You know, as much as the OP is a flame-bating, troll post, it is true for me. I was recently hit with a scroll of rez, and after a couple of days of lookig around (didn't play at all during cata), I'm ready to sub again (once the barn is done).

My grievance with the talent system will have to take a back seat for a bit.

I want a mmorpg where people have gone through misery, have gone through school stuff and actually have had sex even. -sagil

• Ice-QueenIce-Queen Member UncommonPosts: 2,483

I haven't played WoW in over 2 years. I started playing WoW in beta. The game was a very well made game and I enjoyed my time with it. Like many mmorpg's go though, WoW got old for me and the grind for gear got even older. I couldn't see myself ever going back to grind gear again, raiding and arenas are done for me.

Once I cancel a sub and uninstall an MMO, I don't go back.

What happens when you log off your characters????.....
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GFQhfhnjYMk
    Dark Age of Camelot

• Eir_SEir_S Member UncommonPosts: 4,440

Nah, the only reasons I ever came back to WoW were:

A.) A friend was playing or new to the game and wanted help

B.) I had nothing better to play.

Neither of which apply now and even if they did, I barely tolerated the boredom that was Cataclysm, I'm not going back for even less appealing expansion.

• DerrosDerros Member UncommonPosts: 1,216
     Been gone 6 months+, not coming back.  EvE has my sub, and GW2 probably my time (yay for long term training in eve for incursions!).
  • ChillwolfChillwolf Member Posts: 33

Been off the WoW ladder for over a year, and will not go back.

I will be spending my money on GW2. 

• snapfusionsnapfusion Member Posts: 954
    Originally posted by Fendel84M
    Originally posted by Vorch

I like how people argue that the game losing subs is a cash grab...lol ya they purposely started pissing off players to make more money?

Or it could be that the game is 8 years old now is it? I dont know any MMO that wasn't on life support after 4.

I think his point is that its back firing, their attempt to make more money the wrong way, instead of building the game for gamers they are building it as a cash grab.

Originally posted by Chillwolf

Been off the WoW ladder for over a year, and will not go back.

I will be spending my money on GW2. 

Same here, GW2 now has my time and my money.

• EzhaeEzhae Member UncommonPosts: 735

Why would I? The only reason I was comming back for expansionwas due to my friends still playing the game. For over 5 months now, our guild does not exist anymore, 90% of people left WoW and moved on to other games. There is nothing to come back to. 

Ever since I first took break from WoW in vanilla I never came back for the content, or gameplay, it was always to hang out and do stuff with people I've met. Since they aren't there, why would I be? 

• elockeelocke Member UncommonPosts: 4,335
    Originally posted by monarc333

Same here.  I agree with this word for word.  Even a few of my friends have stopped WoW they too said something was lost in Cata.  Could be just age though, 8 years is a loooooong time to play one game lol.  It's not like Blizzard made it any easier to stay addicted by actually giving us bi-monthly content patches, to be fair.  Charging me a monthly sub and never updating the game except once every blue moon, yeah that was a deciding factor for me to look elsewhere.  So glad GW2 is busting through the door in 2 weeks and at no stupid monthly sub, woohoo!

• timtracktimtrack Member UncommonPosts: 541
    Not this time. If GW2 would for some reason fail to retain me, I'll fall back to SWTOR until something new catches my attention.
  • eGumballeGumball Member Posts: 151

Guild Wars 2 may not be a WoW killer but as we see it right now, it is the game that it is hurting WoW most of all and it is, simply,  the only title with the ability to compete with Blizzard´s mighty WoW nowadays.

WoW won´t disappear soon, but that mighty title that blew all the records years ago, is gone .. well, forever.