Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

GW2 Graphics Driver issue.

xalvixalvi Member Posts: 329

Just opened the client right now and got a 11,000 file update. Something new just poped up before it downloads and here is the message:

"We've detected that your computer is using a graphics driver with known issues. Continuing to play may result in side effects, such as reduced client performance, visual artifacts, and crashes. Please refer to our support forums for the lastest supported driver versions."

TBH, i have no clue with things when it comes to computer tech. If anyone else is having this new problem, mind telling me how to solve this issue. I checked the support forums and have not found anything regarding this issue. My computer was bought about 2years ago so i don't think i should be having a graphics issue.

Comments

• bigcheeseukbigcheeseuk Member UncommonPosts: 133
    I just got the same thing and I have the most current driver, maybe it's a glitch.
  • BadaboomBadaboom Member UncommonPosts: 2,380
    Originally posted by xalvi

Just opened the client right now and got a 11,000 file update. Something new just poped up before it downloads and here is the message:

"We've detected that your computer is using a graphics driver with known issues. Continuing to play may result in side effects, such as reduced client performance, visual artifacts, and crashes. Please refer to our support forums for the lastest supported driver versions."

TBH, i have no clue with things when it comes to computer tech. If anyone else is having this new problem, mind telling me how to solve this issue. I checked the support forums and have not found anything regarding this issue. My computer was bought about 2years ago so i don't think i should be having a graphics issue.

Go to either ATI or Nvidea (depending on your graphics card) and download the newest driver.  I would probably download the latest beta driver.

• The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • st3v3b0st3v3b0 Member UncommonPosts: 155
    I'd recommend first and foremost downloading updated drivers to see if that will easily resolve the problem.
  • Zen_BladeZen_Blade Member UncommonPosts: 106
    Well the money question is what graphics processor do you have in your machine?  Is it a laptop or desktop?  AMD, NVidia, or maybe Intel integrated graphics if a laptop?  Once you (we) know that you can go to the manufacturers web site and get the latest version drivers for said processor and see if that addresses the issue.
  • xalvixalvi Member Posts: 329
    Ya i forgot to leave the biggest info. I have a laptop using intel core i7, and NVIDIA Geforce with cuda.
  • JagaridJagarid Member UncommonPosts: 415

The client wants you to use the newer BETA drivers, not the regular release version drivers from Nvidia.  Release drivers are from, I think May, and the Beta drivers which you can get from Nvidia.com are from July.   The error message goes away if you download and install the beta drivers.

It also goes away if you download and install the even newer beta drivers from guru 3D.  

In the case of the beta drivers from Nvidia there are updates in the drivers specifically for GW2 which are not in the official release version of the drivers.  That's the reason they want you to change.

I've been using the beta drivers since they became available and they work flawlessly, so there's nothing to worry about.  

• DJJazzyDJJazzy Member UncommonPosts: 2,053
    There is supposed to be an update to the NVIDIA drivers on the 15th to help with GW2. So wait a few days and see if that corrects the issue.
  • xalvixalvi Member Posts: 329
    Originally posted by DJJazzy
    There is supposed to be an update to the NVIDIA drivers on the 15th to help with GW2. So wait a few days and see if that corrects the issue.

WIll do, thanks everyone.

• TorgrimTorgrim Member CommonPosts: 2,088

Latest nvidia drivers had an error to those card that are overklocked or factory over clocked, the issue are that the card goes down to idle and you get extremly low fps.

Aug drivers suppose to fix this.

If it's not broken, you are not innovating.