Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

What do you think people will be complaining about in 3 months?

JustsomenoobJustsomenoob Member UncommonPosts: 880

Like most of you, I love this game already and am looking forward to release.

But no game is perfect and there never has nor will be an MMO where there isn't a lot of complaining...about SOMETHING.

So lets look forward 3 months from now.   Game's been out a couple months, most of us have settled in, maybe you've played a ton of sPVP and/or WvWvW, or done 500 DEs etc.

What sort of stuff could you see starting to piss people off?   I'll spot you class balance.   Regardless of how balanced classes are or aren't there's always going to be a ton of complaining about that, particularly in a game like this where PVP is a sizable portion of gameplay. 

What else could you see people complaining about?   Preferably something at least somewhat grounded in reality and not just half troll posts.

Comments

• MikeJezZMikeJezZ Member UncommonPosts: 1,268
    "I'm 80 where's endgame?"
  • ariboersmaariboersma Member Posts: 1,802
    I think the mass majority will be complaining that explorables are too hard.

• botrytisbotrytis Member RarePosts: 3,363
    Originally posted by Justsomenoob

But no game is perfect and there never has nor will be an MMO where there isn't a lot of complaining...about SOMETHING.

So lets look forward 3 months from now.   Game's been out a couple months, most of us have settled in, maybe you've played a ton of sPVP and/or WvWvW, or done 500 DEs etc.

What sort of stuff could you see starting to piss people off?   I'll spot you class balance.   Regardless of how balanced classes are or aren't there's always going to be a ton of complaining about that, particularly in a game like this where PVP is a sizable portion of gameplay. 

What else could you see people complaining about?   Preferably something at least somewhat grounded in reality and not just half troll posts.

WOW - you play alot of time - 500 DE's in three months? :-) 

Seriously, I will wait for 4-6 months before I really decide. I want to try all the beginning areas.

• KuppaKuppa Member UncommonPosts: 3,292
    Content. Many will keep doing DEs and exploring but others will go trhough all the content and call it done. Some servers will probably complain about WvW also. Still, theres no sub so you can leave and come back at will image

• LethalJaxxLethalJaxx Member Posts: 105
    being constantly thrown into overflow with a bunch of french people (or others i can't understand)
  • SiphaedSiphaed Member RarePosts: 1,114
    Originally posted by Justsomenoob

How hard and long it takes to get a Legendary Weapon such as the Rainbow Unicorn Bow....

How they keep constantly loosing keeps at 3am to their other server matchups thanks to Oceanic coordination....

You're right on the class balance, they'll keep going on about how X class is OP and Y class is underpowered....

The jumping puzzles are too hard....

• AerowynAerowyn Member Posts: 7,928
    not enough sandbox elements.. well at least that will be one of the big complaints on these forums I'm sure.

I angered the clerk in a clothing shop today. She asked me what size I was and I said actual, because I am not to scale. I like vending machines 'cause snacks are better when they fall. If I buy a candy bar at a store, oftentimes, I will drop it... so that it achieves its maximum flavor potential. --Mitch Hedberg

• mmoguy43mmoguy43 Member UncommonPosts: 2,770
    "Bad community" complaints
  • KillHurtKillHurt Member Posts: 347
    Probably the biggest complaint will be that people have no time for other things because of all the time they want to spend on GW2.

• grimalgrimal Member UncommonPosts: 2,935
    "Not enough content!"
  • arctarusarctarus Member UncommonPosts: 2,581
    No epic raids for epic gears and weapons..... Need Tier gears!

RIP Orc Choppa

Originally posted by KillHurt
    Probably the biggest complaint will be that people have no time for other things because of all the time they want to spend on GW2.

^ sounds about right:)

I angered the clerk in a clothing shop today. She asked me what size I was and I said actual, because I am not to scale. I like vending machines 'cause snacks are better when they fall. If I buy a candy bar at a store, oftentimes, I will drop it... so that it achieves its maximum flavor potential. --Mitch Hedberg

• FadedbombFadedbomb Member Posts: 2,081
    Originally posted by MikeJezZ

This ^

If ArenaNet don't supply decent enough endgame there won't be anything to keep player's interest. Saying "GW2 has no endgame" is bumpkiss. GW2 has a level cap, meaning there IS an "endgame" after all available content has been consumed. Simply trying to claim your game doesn't have endgame is worthless if you design it around traditional concepts of "endgame" such as level-caps, gear-progression, etc.

If GW2 truly didn't have 'endgame' a level 80 and a level 1 would be the exact same in power, and their equipment would be absolutely no more power than a level 1 could obtain in PVE or PVP. We know for a fact that the PVE aspect of GW2 has a linear gear progression, and level progression. So how is there no endgame? Sometimes I don't think people realize what "endgame" actually means, and no it doesn't mean "Raids".

The Theory of Conservative Conservation of Ignorant Stupidity:
    Having a different opinion must mean you're a troll.

Originally posted by Fadedbomb
    Originally posted by MikeJezZ

This ^

If ArenaNet don't supply decent enough endgame there won't be anything to keep player's interest. Saying "GW2 has no endgame" is bumpkiss. GW2 has a level cap, meaning there IS an "endgame" after all available content has been consumed. Simply trying to claim your game doesn't have endgame is worthless if you design it around traditional concepts of "endgame" such as level-caps, gear-progression, etc.

If GW2 truly didn't have 'endgame' a level 80 and a level 1 would be the exact same in power, and their equipment would be absolutely no more power than a level 1 could obtain in PVE or PVP. We know for a fact that the PVE aspect of GW2 has a linear gear progression, and level progression. So how is there no endgame? Sometimes I don't think people realize what "endgame" actually means, and no it doesn't mean "Raids".

I see this a lot but people need to remember level cap in Guild Wars has nothing to doing with "endgame" as it is in other games.. I hit cap in GW1 before getting even halfway through the first campain. Yes they are very differn't games but built on many of the same game structures.

• KenFisherKenFisher Member UncommonPosts: 5,035

My prediction:

1. No endgame

2. Content is too hard

3. Can't solo because others keep helping

and ironically...

4. Not enough like WoW

Ken Fisher - Semi retired old fart Network Administrator, now working in Network Security.  I don't Forum PVP.  If you feel I've attacked you, it was probably by accident.  When I don't understand, I ask.  Such is not intended as criticism.
  • DerpybirdDerpybird Member Posts: 991

There is already a small, vocal community posting repeatedly that they:

1. have bought the game
    2. think it's nothing special but since it's B2P why not
    3. believe the "fanbois" will be disappointed but not them because they already know the truth
    4. believe players will be done in a month or less since there's limited content
    5. know it won't retain players since it doesn't have traditional raids
    6. think the game "borders on P2W" because of the cash shop
    7. know the community will be horrible
    There are many, many posts by people saying essentially that they "can't wait for this game to fail" and that they have "bookmarked posts" so that they can come back anywhere from days to weeks to months after launch to proudly proclaim "I told you so."

The issue is that you won't be able to sort out the valid issues in any of this mess. It will be like every BWE in the past- people enjoying the game will be playing it while the forums are filled by people making all kinds of false claims.

So no, the game will have issues, but it's unlear whether or not a reasonable discussion about these issues could take place.

"Loading screens" are not "instances".
    Your personal efforts to troll any game will not, in fact, impact the success or failure of said game.

• SuprGamerXSuprGamerX Member Posts: 531
    End game sucks?   
  • Az2002roAz2002ro Member UncommonPosts: 158

This is assuming that they have not added or modified anything in the game.   That being the case, then:

WvWvW'ers will complain that there is not enough incentive to continue WvWing.  They'll want some sort of self-progression, even if its just a WvW level to show their time spent in it.

PvP'ers will complain that there are not enough variety of match types.  They'll want 1 or two more types of games to give a little variety to the mix.

Crafter's will complain that the Mystic Forge needs more set formulas and they want to create more sets of armor.

PvE'ers will want more DE's (even though 500+ is a lot) and that there needs to be more of a reason to hold Orr than just vendor availability.

**This is not to say any of those are valid arguements... just my thought as to what they might complain about.

This discussion has been closed.