Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Bad News for MO...

deathshrouddeathshroud Member Posts: 1,366

video removed

yet another new multihack has been released for MO, this one looks really damaging. Not taking anything away from SV though if you view his videos he has examples for TF2 WOW and many many other mmos.

Hope sv can put a stop to this but its a real shame so many people need to cheat. Its disgraceful.

there are 2 types of mmo, imitators and innovaters.

Comments

• TacanTacan Member Posts: 93

hm..old video. right?

no cheaters in MO, only skill, only stamina managment

• deathshrouddeathshroud Member Posts: 1,366

video released this month

but looking at the lighting it does look like it might be an old video made to look recent. hmm

there are 2 types of mmo, imitators and innovaters.

• TacanTacan Member Posts: 93

i saw this video long  time ago

• AmanaAmana Moderator UncommonPosts: 3,912
    Just a reminder tthat posting links to videos of exploits and anything that shows people how to cheat are not allowed on here.

To give feedback on moderation, contact [email protected]

• HancakesHancakes Member Posts: 1,045
    Originally posted by Tacan

hm..old video. right?

no cheaters in MO, only skill, only stamina managment

Is that sarcasm or denial?  I guess the videos and Starvault  discussing cheaters was just a dream. image

• CroniteLoreCroniteLore Member Posts: 99
    Yawn, we see one of these every time they launch something new -[mod edit]

"In MO, even the haters are hardcore!" - ltank

• CaldrinCaldrin Member UncommonPosts: 4,505
    yup even if it is a new hack now that its out there is wont be lnog until they at least try and fix it. Either way no matter what game your gnna get hackers and exploiters.. for some reason there are ltos of people who there who like to mess things up for other people and cheat as much as possible.
  • SomeDude101SomeDude101 Member Posts: 45

You mean there are hacks for the Unreal 3 Engine?

This is shocking and outrageous news.

Ask me about swapping some game files to make steel swords hit as fast as wooden staffs with no stamina drain.

Game is a joke. Glad I stopped playing well over a year ago.

Originally posted by CroniteLore
    Yawn, we see one of these every time they launch something new - 

Well that's hardly reassuring, but SV hasn't launched anything new in over half a year. 

• SaintPhilipSaintPhilip Member Posts: 713
    Yawn, we see one of these every time they launch something new - [mod edit]

I missed your post earlier fellow or I would have commented.

Yes many have predicted failure in every "epic" and "revolutionary" launch/fix.update brought to us by Henrick and SV...And guess what? The Naysayers have been correct.

But again, anyone read the "what have you done for MO" thread on the official Forum?  How many are proudly paying multiple accounts for a game they admit they do not play? They want to "support" the game until its out of Beta I guess.

[mod edit]

• FastSlothFastSloth Member Posts: 132
    -
  • raff01raff01 Member Posts: 453
    Originally posted by SaintPhilip
    Yawn, we see one of these every time they launch something new - [mod edit]

I missed your post earlier fellow or I would have commented.

Yes many have predicted failure in every "epic" and "revolutionary" launch/fix.update brought to us by Henrick and SV...And guess what? The Naysayers have been correct.

But again, anyone read the "what have you done for MO" thread on the official Forum?  How many are proudly paying multiple accounts for a game they admit they do not play? They want to "support" the game until its out of Beta I guess.

[mod edit]

THIS x 2

• ShyaticShyatic Member Posts: 41

Wait, people have multiple accounts for the game and don't play, just to support it?

That is pretty pathetic, if true... and given what was mentioned earlier given Guild Wars 2 release coming up and the expansion of MO coinciding with it, it seems to be quite "funny" indeed.

GW2 is free to play to boot... so it makes me wonder how long they think they can charge for a game that is by all accounts, broken?

Originally posted by Shyatic

Wait, people have multiple accounts for the game and don't play, just to support it?

That is pretty pathetic, if true... and given what was mentioned earlier given Guild Wars 2 release coming up and the expansion of MO coinciding with it, it seems to be quite "funny" indeed.

GW2 is free to play to boot... so it makes me wonder how long they think they can charge for a game that is by all accounts, broken?

yes its true- And they actually brag about this as if it shows what "hardcore" supporters they are. Some have had multiple accounts since day 1 and barely play.

Here, read this...http://www.mortalonline.com/forums/threads/what-have-you-done-for-mo.76815/ its unreal, but sadly its very true.

• TheLizardbonesTheLizardbones Member CommonPosts: 10,910

Wait, people have multiple accounts for the game and don't play, just to support it? That is pretty pathetic, if true... and given what was mentioned earlier given Guild Wars 2 release coming up and the expansion of MO coinciding with it, it seems to be quite "funny" indeed. GW2 is free to play to boot... so it makes me wonder how long they think they can charge for a game that is by all accounts, broken?

They've managed to charge for the game this long, can't think of a reason why they wouldn't continue to do so. Seems a little crazy to me, but I guess some people have more money than they know what to do with. Seems like it would be easier to hire some college students to write the game you actually want though.

I can not remember winning or losing a single debate on the internet.

• ShyaticShyatic Member Posts: 41
    Originally posted by SaintPhilip

yes its true- And they actually brag about this as if it shows what "hardcore" supporters they are. Some have had multiple accounts since day 1 and barely play.

Here, read this...http://www.mortalonline.com/forums/threads/what-have-you-done-for-mo.76815/ its unreal, but sadly its very true.

I recall reading this game is funded by the CEO's dad or something, right? Figures that this type of company continues to exist, rich kids letting their dads buy them software companies now. It's a very different "my super sweet 16" edition than I've seen but it's basically the same thing.

• realnasterealnaste Member Posts: 98

Heh. An old vid and people still fall for this BS.
    Now for some other stuff people have been posting here:
    GW2- a totally different type of game. Comparing the titles is simply stupid.
    It's like saying I need a car, but since I can get a banana for free I'll go with that.
    Hard core supporters- yes, but usually not as hardcore as some haters.
    If you like something it's natural that you stick with it. If you hate it though, sticking to it throughout years seems...unhealthy? (and funny)
    As for supporting an initiative closest to your vision with money- you call it pathetic, I call it putting your money where your mouth is [mod edit].
    Collage students would create something better? Hire them, make the game, and I will be your customer. Simple as that. You can't? Must be not as easy huh?
    Last but not least: Always believe everything you read. Specially if it's on internet. It must be a true story.

Originally posted by realnaste

Heh. An old vid and people still fall for this BS.
    Now for some other stuff people have been posting here:
    GW2- a totally different type of game. Comparing the titles is simply stupid.
    It's like saying I need a car, but since I can get a banana for free I'll go with that.
    Hard core supporters- yes, but usually not as hardcore as some haters.
    If you like something it's natural that you stick with it. If you hate it though, sticking to it throughout years seems...unhealthy? (and funny)
    As for supporting an initiative closest to your vision with money- you call it pathetic, I call it putting your money where your mouth is [mod edit].
    Collage students would create something better? Hire them, make the game, and I will be your customer. Simple as that. You can't? Must be not as easy huh?
    Last but not least: Always believe everything you read. Specially if it's on internet. It must be a true story.

I am going to ask you an honest question and would apprecite an honest reply.

You feel that "putting your money where your mouth is" is paying for multiple subs on a game you do not play, with no patches in 8 months and every Epic Patch/fix/Xpac has been broken to the hilt and is STILL missing promised features? I thinkl thats foolishness.

An example:  Genetics. Man that sounded cool (seriously) along with many ideals proposed for MO. But nothing ever works. The old saying Fuck me once shame on you but fuck me TWICE shame on me comes to mind. Only this has been a non stop fucking without benefit of a reach around or even a kiss.

Putting your Money where your Mouth is (to me) would be sticking with the game in its broken state and playing for a few months- Then its just flushing money down a black hole.

I can appreciate that you like the game and I only commented on this because someone called the OP (and others) "Bitches" and said this negativity happens everytime MO releases something... But everytime they release something its broken and incomplete so what do you expect... Its like the drunken Uncle who is constantly going to"quit drinking" after every singe Drunk Driving arrest. At some point you have to roll your eyes and realize the guy is going to die a drunk.

Would you pay multiple subs for a game you do not play and has not offered a properly working Xpac because they MIGHT SOMEDAY get it right? I wouldnt...I can understand if you actually play and this wasnt aimed t those folks. I would (and have) dionated to Indie projects- To me that is "putting my money where my mouth is" and not that oyther saying- A fool and his money are soon parted.

This isnt merant to offend you- Just looking for clarification.

EDIT: You know, have you even read the thread I linked? The "what have you done for MO" thread? How can you even not see howw insane that thread is? One dude says (parahrase) I bought this broken unplayable game at launcjh and the Dev laughs and makes a joke of it. Others brag about subbing accounts and not playing.... You find this normal? Its like a fucking fanboy cult to me (some of the people in that thread not all players)

Cmon man be honest- You dont find that thread disturbing in the least?

• realnasterealnaste Member Posts: 98

Originally posted by SaintPhilip You feel that "putting your money where your mouth is" is paying for multiple subs on a game you do not play, with no patches in 8 months and every Epic Patch/fix/Xpac has been broken to the hilt and is STILL missing promised features? I thinkl thats foolishness. An example:  Genetics. Man that sounded cool (seriously) along with many ideals proposed for MO. But nothing ever works. The old saying Fuck me once shame on you but fuck me TWICE shame on me comes to mind. Only this has been a non stop fucking without benefit of a reach around or even a kiss. Putting your Money where your Mouth is (to me) would be sticking with the game in its broken state and playing for a few months- Then its just flushing money down a black hole. I can appreciate that you like the game and I only commented on this because someone called the OP (and others) "Bitches" and said this negativity happens everytime MO releases something... But everytime they release something its broken and incomplete so what do you expect... Its like the drunken Uncle who is constantly going to"quit drinking" after every singe Drunk Driving arrest. At some point you have to roll your eyes and realize the guy is going to die a drunk. Would you pay multiple subs for a game you do not play and has not offered a properly working Xpac because they MIGHT SOMEDAY get it right? I wouldnt...I can understand if you actually play and this wasnt aimed t those folks. I would (and have) dionated to Indie projects- To me that is "putting my money where my mouth is" and not that oyther saying- A fool and his money are soon parted. This isnt merant to offend you- Just looking for clarification. EDIT: You know, have you even read the thread I linked? The "what have you done for MO" thread? How can you even not see howw insane that thread is? One dude says (parahrase) I bought this broken unplayable game at launcjh and the Dev laughs and makes a joke of it. Others brag about subbing accounts and not playing.... You find this normal? Its like a fucking fanboy cult to me (some of the people in that thread not all players) Cmon man be honest- You dont find that thread disturbing in the least?

Answer:
    If you want to play a game you could actually enjoy, and this is the closest anyone got, although it is still not quite it: I will call paying for it, just to let the developers work on it a little bit more, putting your money where your mouth is. number of accounts doesn't bother me, since all of them were used at some point, and there are people that don't count cash as the ultimate goal. People have money, and not everything we spend our money on is necessary.
    You mentioned "every Epic Patch/fix/Xpac has been broken to the hilt and is STILL missing promised features?"...it's still better than anything in it's category for those people (and yes- they tried the alternatives), so it's useless to bring that up in this discussion. It is simply "play/ pay and wait for this, or don't play at all.

Other answers: I barely use 3 char slots on my single account (I strongly believe SV shot it's self in the foot by implementing 3 char slots with no connection at all). With that in mind I am sure you understand I never had a need for a second account.
    Multiple subs? Strange. But pathetic? Anyone stating that...I'd tell you what I think of that, but then I would get another ban.

I am sticking to MO because unlike another title, it didn't hide from the problems taking a 180 degree turn from the original design, and still tries. It encounters more problems than it can soldier through, but at lest it is a genuine try. I can respect that (and I have more fun in MO than any other currently available mmo for multiple reasons)

As for the thread you linked- I believe I actually participated? I'm not sure though :P

Whats worse is these people are trying to get others to buy MO,  yet they dont even deem it worth playing.  image

Do not drink the Kool-Aid!!!

• ToferioToferio Member UncommonPosts: 1,411
    What's so weird with supporting something you believe will be good sooner or later, even if you don't play it? 
    Originally posted by Toferio
    What's so weird with supporting something you believe will be good sooner or later, even if you don't play it? 

Nothing.

Biut we are talking about MO and not just a random "something".

The other day there was a thread there (During the Weekend) where someone was complaining about the fact that they havnt even one single GM on during NA priome time to get someone unstuck (persistant bug) and the OP actually said that he "understood" GMs were non paid and that SV should add a donate button so players could donate money so SV could hire GMs.

There has not been a patych in 8 months.

Content still missing which was promised from the begining.

No Patch or Xpac has EVEY worked properly nor been fully implemented

Staff has been reduced to almost nothing (the small team excuse was used since day 1 and was understandable THEN- TYhe team is now much smaller)

Price of game is hiugher than most AAA products.

-The state the game is currently in after two years...

Plus a plethora of additional reasons I am not going to list due to redundancy (read these forums)

At SOME POINT (a point long passed-) I could understand donating by keeping an account active while not playing to give them time to get their shit together - I personally would never throw money away like that but I understand doing it... But the same history since SV's conception continues to repeat itself, mistakes are NOT learned from and the game still not close to being stable.

-So anyone having fun and playing this game- Good for them. I am glad. Anyone subbing  multiple accounts and not playing (and bragging about it) is IMHO ENABLING SV to NOT CHANGE.

Sometimes failure is a good thing as it causes change. Rewarding failure for a possibility of a later success can even be a good thing for a time- But when a consistent pattern of failure is rewarded- Not good.

And those who fail to understand History are doomed to repeat it. And those who are paying subs for THIS GAME and NOT EVEN PLAYING are fools since its been nothing but empty promises and very little attempt at real change.

-Plus that thread I linked is just...Creepy and Cult like. =/

Originally posted by realnaste

Originally posted by SaintPhilip You feel that "putting your money where your mouth is" is paying for multiple subs on a game you do not play, with no patches in 8 months and every Epic Patch/fix/Xpac has been broken to the hilt and is STILL missing promised features? I thinkl thats foolishness. An example:  Genetics. Man that sounded cool (seriously) along with many ideals proposed for MO. But nothing ever works. The old saying Fuck me once shame on you but fuck me TWICE shame on me comes to mind. Only this has been a non stop fucking without benefit of a reach around or even a kiss. Putting your Money where your Mouth is (to me) would be sticking with the game in its broken state and playing for a few months- Then its just flushing money down a black hole. I can appreciate that you like the game and I only commented on this because someone called the OP (and others) "Bitches" and said this negativity happens everytime MO releases something... But everytime they release something its broken and incomplete so what do you expect... Its like the drunken Uncle who is constantly going to"quit drinking" after every singe Drunk Driving arrest. At some point you have to roll your eyes and realize the guy is going to die a drunk. Would you pay multiple subs for a game you do not play and has not offered a properly working Xpac because they MIGHT SOMEDAY get it right? I wouldnt...I can understand if you actually play and this wasnt aimed t those folks. I would (and have) dionated to Indie projects- To me that is "putting my money where my mouth is" and not that oyther saying- A fool and his money are soon parted. This isnt merant to offend you- Just looking for clarification. EDIT: You know, have you even read the thread I linked? The "what have you done for MO" thread? How can you even not see howw insane that thread is? One dude says (parahrase) I bought this broken unplayable game at launcjh and the Dev laughs and makes a joke of it. Others brag about subbing accounts and not playing.... You find this normal? Its like a fucking fanboy cult to me (some of the people in that thread not all players) Cmon man be honest- You dont find that thread disturbing in the least?

Answer:
    If you want to play a game you could actually enjoy, and this is the closest anyone got, although it is still not quite it: I will call paying for it, just to let the developers work on it a little bit more, putting your money where your mouth is. number of accounts doesn't bother me, since all of them were used at some point, and there are people that don't count cash as the ultimate goal. People have money, and not everything we spend our money on is necessary.
    You mentioned "every Epic Patch/fix/Xpac has been broken to the hilt and is STILL missing promised features?"...it's still better than anything in it's category for those people (and yes- they tried the alternatives), so it's useless to bring that up in this discussion. It is simply "play/ pay and wait for this, or don't play at all.

Other answers: I barely use 3 char slots on my single account (I strongly believe SV shot it's self in the foot by implementing 3 char slots with no connection at all). With that in mind I am sure you understand I never had a need for a second account.
    Multiple subs? Strange. But pathetic? Anyone stating that...I'd tell you what I think of that, but then I would get another ban.

I am sticking to MO because unlike another title, it didn't hide from the problems taking a 180 degree turn from the original design, and still tries. It encounters more problems than it can soldier through, but at lest it is a genuine try. I can respect that (and I have more fun in MO than any other currently available mmo for multiple reasons)

As for the thread you linked- I believe I actually participated? I'm not sure though :P

Fair enough- And thanks for an honest answer.

Originally posted by Toferio

It really depends on how they support it, they can give their life savings to Henrik for all I care.  Its a problem when they try to dupe others into supporting their fetish.

• ValvarValvar Member Posts: 5

So, a couple of points. I've already made these on the MO forums and others have partly been through them, but I think they need a bit of clarification.

We are not talking about a lot of money here. €13 per month, is it (I forgot)? That's like eating out. Or going to the cinema. Or buying a book. On a scale for someone with a job it's perhaps one hour of work. If people pay for multiple accounts, let them. I don't. I pay for one account that I play on, but paying for another couple of them wouldn't be a big deal. Someone convinced someone else to buy an account? Oh horror of horrors, they just wasted, what, €40? If they had tried the trial they should have known what they were in for. If not, boo-fucking-hoo.

The developers are also extremely dedicated. Especially Henrik, who is basically paying for the whole project. You thought that most of the money came from subscribers? lolno (I have no idea if what someone said about Henrik's dad giving him the money is true, but it sounds more like a rumour to me). These people really want the game to be good, but making an MMO with a tiny team isn't exactly plug-n-play. I would like to see another dev team of the same size do the same thing better. 

You say they made so many mistakes and aren't improving? So what exactly are they? Clarification on that please. Not fixing bugs is the response I expect, and what is said is true; they are very small and don't have a lot of money.  THAT IS NOT AN EXCUSE, you say. Well, how would you do it then? Backseat game development is easy.

This discussion has been closed.