Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Poll: Rush to 80 or take it easy ?

proxy42086proxy42086 Member UncommonPosts: 30

With trends in most MMO's its a rush to 80 skip every quest .

Personally im a vet EQ player so I am hoping by  taking my time reading all quests and lore I can get back into some roots from when I started to play MMOs. I knew all lore possible about EQ and immersed myself, hopefully I can find that here in GW2. Then once 80  focus on pvp for most part after seeing the PvE content.

Comments

• SereliskSerelisk Member Posts: 836
    I'm not going to lie, Orr sounds completely worth rushing to 80 for, lol. 
  • RequiamerRequiamer Member Posts: 2,034

I'll spvp a lot (my vote) and take it easy pve wise, but you can rush honestly it doesn't really matter with the scaling down system. Also if you want to rush you probably want to go into WvW, it seam to have the fastest leveling (in beta at least), even if you'll probably miss skill points and gold once you are at 80, xp wise it was until now way faster than pve.

• seridanseridan Member UncommonPosts: 1,202
    Even if you rush to 80 you can go back so you aren't missing anything. But what's the point in rushing?

Block the trolls, don't answer them, so we can remove the garbage from these forums

• proxy42086proxy42086 Member UncommonPosts: 30

With so much to do i think it might take me awhile to level. I can see a week of just pvping or a week of just pve. Having tons of things to do at any level is really a nice thing. 

Pve wise ill probably hit all areas as  I go like all starter areas then move to the next level  zones. I wonder once majority of pop hits 80 how populated zones will be. Most MMOs after a month  lose population in any lowbie areas and thats how will it be for the life of that server.

• solarinesolarine Member Posts: 1,203

The main thing for me in this game is seeing the zones. I don't care much for the PVE apart from exploration.

So I guess it's rush from zone to zone for me.

• fiontarfiontar Member UncommonPosts: 3,682

I'm not sure what "quests" people are supposed to be taking time reading. The game doesn't work that way!

I've found that the best way to play the game is to play it in a way that you find personally enjoyable, while letting leveling be something that just happens as you play.

You get XP for kills, heart tasks, dynamic events, crafting, gathering, achievments, personal story, World vs. World PvP kills/objectives and exploration. Level Scaling lets you earn XP and loot appropriate for your true level when scaled down for lower level content. Players also get full XP and loot for any mob they do ~5% damage to, so you can kill share with others at no penalty. If you actually go out and play the game, you will level with out leveling being a focus.

Want to know more about GW2 and why there is so much buzz? Start here: Guild Wars 2 Mass Info for the Uninitiated

• ZetsueiZetsuei Member UncommonPosts: 249

Heh, I like that rush to 80 for glory is one of the options. In any game if I see someone boasting they got to whatever level really fast I usually just laugh at them and ask them if they enjoyed rushing thru the game. It only hurts themselves in the end, and sometimes the community when they come to the forums complaining they have nothing to do at max level.

As for me, I'm gonna take my time and enjoy it. I want to experience everything in the game and actually have fun. Racing to max level isn't one of my goals.

• RaekonRaekon Member UncommonPosts: 531

I don't see any reason to rush at all so I will take my time and enjoy the everything in the game.

Will probably take longer than others anyway. :p

Why? I'm a "Altaholic", a "Pet Nerd" (got to catch them all :p ) and love to build up my guild as much as I can by helping guildies that have less knowledge then me or creating stuff for them through crafting or researching stuff and so on... :) 

• proxy42086proxy42086 Member UncommonPosts: 30
    Originally posted by fiontar

I'm not sure what "quests" people are supposed to be taking time reading. The game doesn't work that way!

I've found that the best way to play the game is to play it in a way that you find personally enjoyable, while letting leveling be something that just happens as you play.

You get XP for kills, heart tasks, dynamic events, crafting, gathering, achievments, personal story, World vs. World PvP kills/objectives and exploration. Level Scaling lets you earn XP and loot appropriate for your true level when scaled down for lower level content. Players also get full XP and loot for any mob they do ~5% damage to, so you can kill share with others at no penalty. If you actually go out and play the game, you will level with out leveling being a focus.

Ya just a habit on the reading quest thing in all MMOs haha. I should of picked watched every quest and listen to the details? lol

The only time iread quests in a MMO was EQ when you actually had to talk to the NPC and say certain phrases any other game i played was click click skip text go!

• FozzikFozzik Member UncommonPosts: 539

Not all who wander are lost.

I'll be taking my time and savoring every inch. :)

• TheDarkrayneTheDarkrayne Member EpicPosts: 5,297
    I don't think I've ever rushed to cap in any game ever. Even in Cata I took the time to get ALL the zone achievements and see all the changes and stories with my new character before moving on to Outland. Really enjoyed it as well.
    I don't suffer from insanity, I enjoy every minute of it.
  • seridanseridan Member UncommonPosts: 1,202
    Originally posted by proxy42086

The only time iread quests in a MMO was EQ when you actually had to talk to the NPC and say certain phrases any other game i played was click click skip text go!

Just keep in mind that in GW2 you can't just click skip in DEs the NPCs will have natural conversations that will lead to the next event. I always find it annoying when, after an event is done, people leave the area instead of staying to listen what happens (and miss the next event in the chain)

Block the trolls, don't answer them, so we can remove the garbage from these forums

• SvarcanumSvarcanum Member UncommonPosts: 425
    I'm planning on playing alot but I'm not going to rush. Will probably hit 80 around the 2nd of september.
  • AeliousAelious Member RarePosts: 3,521

Other than filling out my traits and abilities I really don't care what my level is.  I'm one of those crazy whacked out people who wants to see all the content.  I know I will eventually get to Orr and PvP so no rushing here.

Edit: There are advantages to taking your time.  DEs will be a little more normal when your behind the pack.  I'm sure contested areas will keep me busy on top of the other events happening.

• BijouBijou Member UncommonPosts: 145

I'm a PvE person, I won't rush to 80 and I enjoy cinematics / quest text / character story. Can't wait to actually read and watch everything, I skipped all of them in BWEs because I want the fun at release. I only tried a few DEs and hearts, I was just running around unlocking weapon skills for many professions. So yeah, I can't wait to play normally. D:

• MeleagarMeleagar Member Posts: 407
    Absolutely 0% of my gameplay will be in consideration of trying to gain a level.
  • Kyus_HoBKyus_HoB Member Posts: 185

I opted in for the rushing options, not because I intend to rush and ignore stuff but because I intend to play far far too much in the first week. 

I have never gone huge on a launch before and playtime but for once I have cleared my schedule and will be spending a vast ammount of time in game over the first 2 weeks. I would like to get a character through to 80 farely quickly as I plan on having a WvW focused main but then playing alts very slowly to savor the world and go exploring. The less of the world I see on my first play through the better and I'm hoping some investment in crafting to level will help too.

• smoelfsmoelf Member Posts: 30
    Provided that I actually buy the game, I'll be taking it rather slow. Due to my studies I don't have a lot of time on my hands and it looks like I might turn altoholic as all the races and professions are really cool, so casual enjoyment for me.
  • ZzadZzad Member UncommonPosts: 1,401

No need for rush for me.

I´m going to enjoy every map...every quest...every NPC conversation....

I´m going to get lost...to watch the skies and dive deep into the seas....

Yeah,i´m going to take my time.....

• BrokenSpoonBrokenSpoon Member Posts: 205
    I will be rushing while taking it easy! Warrior - theif - ranger! Will keep up with my friends. if they rush, I rush :D

All hail the Barn Owl! oh.. and the RED SQUIRREL!!!

• DignaDigna Member UncommonPosts: 1,994

I find that wandering around gets me where I need to go. I am looking for map completions. Only thing I will adjust slightly from the BWEs is getting one last good look before I wander away from an area. I found in a good handful of occasions that I had missed a PoI or a Map Vista (BWE3) when I was really only a few seconds away. Sure it's easy enough to go back but if I am there the 1st go round, why double back.

I tended to go for SP and Hearts so I missed some of the less 'valuable' (for leveling) map locations. But since they are all equally valuable for map completions, a good last look saves me some time.

Not in any rush to level. I know it won't be months until I hit 80 with my 1st but it won't be days either. I'll probably have at least a PvE, a PvP and a Hybrid if I can ever decide on a class I like enough.

• Loke666Loke666 Member EpicPosts: 21,441

Read every quests kinda sounds wrong but I will surely take my time exploring the game as I play.

I might rush with my alts later though, it really depends.

• AIMonsterAIMonster Member UncommonPosts: 2,059
    I don't know if I'd call it "rushing" since we don't intend to skip content, but our guild plans to run a group 14 hours a day the first week to hit 80 within the first week for WvWvW domination.
  • BossalinieBossalinie Member UncommonPosts: 724
    Originally posted by Magnum2103
    I don't know if I'd call it "rushing" since we don't intend to skip content, but our guild plans to run a group 14 hours a day the first week to hit 80 within the first week for WvWvW domination.

That's not rushing...that's Blitzkrieging...

• semantikronsemantikron Member Posts: 258

I'm motivated to get to 80 so I can go everywhere in the world, but I'm going to be too focused on what's going on in the area I'm playing in to worry about what level I am at the moment, or whether what I'm doing is getting me to 80 faster than some other activity.

For example, during the last couple of stress tests I got caught up trying to advance an event chain in Brisban Wildlands or w/e.  I mean I knew I wasn't trying to advance my character because it would be wiped.  But it wasn't the only time I just focused on the area itself and almost completely disregarded the leveling process.

Charr: Outta my way.
    Human: What's your problem?
    Charr: Your thin skin.