Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

[Column] World of Warcraft: Bill's Least Favorite Classes to Level

1235»

Comments

• epiyonrpgepiyonrpg Member Posts: 5
    It is just me, or is everyone on this website a complete crybaby. When did reading become an mmo itself. Don't forget, criticism is nice, but blatant bashing is unneeded. The author wrote this column to say what he wanted to say, the same way you are writing about your opinion in relation to it. But don't blatantly bash him, you sound like the same people in Trade chat on Mal'Ganis. How's about that for some relevant issues.
  • faefrostfaefrost Member Posts: 199

There needs to be a little more seperation between pain when leveling and fun factor. They aren't always the same thing. Plus it's also noteworthy that the pain and fun factor can change wildly for some classes as they level.

While I found Rogues and Warriors not particularly dificult to level, they just lacked in fun factor. Paladins the same thing. No pain there. The class is virtually unkillable when leveling. But not a lot going on fun wise.

Some classes like Shaman and Priests have wildly uneven leveling experiences. Depending on where you are in level your spec and abilities will wildly change the gameplay. Shaman have an especially dull and harsh early game, but once a few major abilities come into play they become one of the more fun classes to level.

Warlocks and Priests also suffer because of unexpected downtime. You have to be so precise in how you take on and kill things in order to prevent having to sit around and regen. It can get frustrating.

Overall the smoothest, easiest and most fun class I found to level was Druid. Cat has all of the advantages of a rogue, with the ability to shift to heal, take more damage or similar at whim. The class is the difference between driving a beat up old VW and driving a sports car. Having played the MoP Beta, Monks remind me most of Druids in this regard. They just seem to have a very smooth fun leveling gameplay.

• GhavriggGhavrigg Member RarePosts: 1,308
    Originally posted by epiyonrpg
    It is just me, or is everyone on this website a complete crybaby. When did reading become an mmo itself. Don't forget, criticism is nice, but blatant bashing is unneeded. The author wrote this column to say what he wanted to say, the same way you are writing about your opinion in relation to it. But don't blatantly bash him, you sound like the same people in Trade chat on Mal'Ganis. How's about that for some relevant issues.

He brought it on himself originally by titling it "World of Warcraft: Worst Classes to level", then basically saying "I don't really have any recent information about these classes, but here's a list from best of worst to worst of worst. " Even switching the title to "Bill's Least Favorite Classes to level" didn't change things much.

Sorry if pointing out that level of ignorance and unprofessionalism comes across as "bashing" to you. Personally, I felt like I was bashed, too -- right upside the head with a blunt object -- because I felt dumber for having read this article.

In the end, the author TRIED to write what he wanted to say, but seemed to forget what he wanted to say halfway through.

"Screw it! I'll just write some random nonsense under these class headings and go cash my cheque." Words to live by.

EDIT: But then, maybe I'm missing the point of "Columns". Seems like this belongs in his personal blog telling his friends about his not-so-great times in Azeroth.

• winterwinter Member UncommonPosts: 2,281
    Originally posted by karmath

Why write articles you have 0 clue on the current subject matter. I havnt played WoW in a comparable time as you, it would'nt cross my mind to write anything about WoW in a current tense, which this article seems to cross back and forth from.

0/10. 

I like Bill's writing but like you have to wonder, all i can think of is it must have been a increadibly slow news week for this opinion piece to be posted. More just to get people talking then any real relavence

• dethlorddethlord Member UncommonPosts: 17
    Originally posted by BillMurphy
    Do we really have to preface every COLUMN article with the notion that columns are editorially based and therefore opinion? To me, and still, this list is my most boring/annoying classes to level. You can have your own too, but neither of us will be "right".

...having an opinion is fine Bill but when it is based on outdated information, information that was never correct and other peoples opinions then it makes you look a bit stupid as many have pointed out here.

Deth to you ALL!