It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!
Originally posted by Skarecrow7 Wow.. 41 pages for a "look at me, I'm a special princess" thread. Bet the OP feels like she just won on toddlers and tairs or something.
Oh no you did 'ent
Originally posted by Enigmatus Originally posted by heartless Originally posted by otinanai123 Originally posted by heartless Originally posted by Trionicus No one wants to hear a detailed honest opinion about GW2 that is negative.
Can an opinion still be honest if it's full of lies?
Only what he said about p2w cash shop is incorrect. The rest of his points are spot on.
No, they really are not and it has been explained ad naseum in this thread. Just read a few posts that counter his points. There are some on the very first page.
Ugh, I give up. It's obvious that they refuse to listen; they're dead set in their beliefs and they think of us as subhumans who shouldn't question their superior beliefs.
Look on the bright side. In just 12 days we'll have a really great game to play and they will still be on the forums spewing nonsense.
Either way you look at it, we win.
Originally posted by BilboDoggins Originally posted by Skarecrow7 Wow.. 41 pages for a "look at me, I'm a special princess" thread. Bet the OP feels like she just won on toddlers and tairs or something.
so that is how you spell tiara... not much for searching with a migrain
That's terrible, man. That beached whale is obviously in distress and you should not be making fun of it.
Someone should push it back into the ocean.
Everyone is "different". What he says can be right "in his opinion".
I hated diablo 3. And when people tell me that game is actually great I accept it. Because I'm not them.
I don't see the OP's post as exaggeration and inaccurate. What he say is he's opinion. Unless he's a fake Blizzard employee trying to diss GW2, I respect his opinion.
Originally posted by laokoko Originally posted by Enigmatus Originally posted by heartless Originally posted by otinanai123 Originally posted by heartless Originally posted by Trionicus No one wants to hear a detailed honest opinion about GW2 that is negative.
Actually no, there is a difference. If someone says D3 is a great game, that's an opinion. When someone says that GW2 does not have raids, when it does or that GW2's cash shop is P2W, when it isn't, that's not an opinion, that's lying.
Originally posted by laokoko Originally posted by Enigmatus Ugh, I give up. It's obvious that they refuse to listen; they're dead set in their beliefs and they think of us as subhumans who shouldn't question their superior beliefs.
I don't have problems with different opinions; I have problems with false information passed off as a fact, and then the poster claiming he's right and everyone else is a fanboy for pointing out the fallacies of his post.
I think I'm just going to stop posting in this infernal topic; my blood is boiling and I need to cool off.
I wouldn't bother with laokoko guys.
He's of the "opinion" ArenaNet are greedy sons of bitches for having a cash shop and as a company should make a cap hit.
Originally posted by MadKing Thanks for sharing your views, have fun playing TSW, everyone wins.
Originally posted by Jessina Originally posted by Nightgroper Originally posted by HeWhoKnocks http://www.mmorpg.com/discussion2.cfm/post/5081999
This guy has a point, why are you still here, bilbodoggins?
Nice find. He seems to want recognition for being a GW2 hater? He should just move on and let us have our game while he plays his.
Been mentioned on this thread before. Look at the guys post history pages and page of negativity. All I can think is GW2 ate his hamster or kicked hus dog. It would be funny if it wasn't so sad. The guy is still completely emotionally invested in GW2 I can't figure why.
Originally posted by Xzen Is there really anyone left on these forums that is not aware of BilboDoggins posting history? Is this thread any thing new? Nope just more of the same old BilboDoggins.
The OP has a record of negative post towards GW 2... so its no surprise he comes once again to tell us the same arguments as always....
Again, good bye, have fun in wichever game your playing, and lastly you wont be missed, cause honestly, no one cares!
unless you have a deep tough or a solid point of discution about this or any other game, coming here and show your drama feelings, noone will take you serius.....
Originally posted by Gorilla Originally posted by Jessina Originally posted by Nightgroper Originally posted by HeWhoKnocks http://www.mmorpg.com/discussion2.cfm/post/5081999
It's easy actually. He's one of numerous people still waiting for their next "ideal" MMO after burning out on their first love.
And like other typical people in a bitter mood, he feels the need to rain on other peoples parade.
Originally posted by colddog04 Originally posted by Enigmatus Apparently you need to be completely addicted to the point that you give up everything else to play the game in order for it to be considered a true MMO. Otherwise it's "SHALLOW AND MEDIOCRE."
Yeah, I get that feeling too. Like SaintPhilip feels like WoW was deep enough of an MMORPG to pay a sub, but GW2 is not deep enough.
I know of a few systems that are deeper in GW2. The leveling system for one. The customization in GW2 has far more depth. Actually, I get confounded every time I start to experiment with a new class because there is so much to consider. I think WvW has more depth than Alterac Valley or Wintergrasp or whatever the WoW equivalent would be. I think that Structured PvP Tournaments have a similar amount of depth to arenas. I think the combat, while different, has a similar amount of depth.
I just don't see what that X factor they are talking about is unless it is the gear treadmill. What else could it be? Because GW2 is certainly offering some nice systems.
Why is endgame discussion so one dimensional around here? WHy does it always come down to " if someone doesn't find the idea behind GW2's endgame appealing, they automatically want a gear treadmill"?
I won't go into the "I think this is better than that" part of your post, but this ever growing defense of "they just want gear treadmills" is growing just as tiring to me.
Can none of the GW2 fans see that in the end GW2's model is unproven at the present time? THere's also the simple point to be made that the whole idea of repeatable content is not some peoples ideal thing to be doing at cap, nor WVW?
IF those two things are not appealing, what's left: story segments you could find better elsewhere (SP games), a handfull of dungeons and structured PVP (BG areanas). I can live with PVP but I'm not everyone.
A-net ran under the mantra of changing the genre for the better, that's some mighty big talk, if people don't see that in their offering should they not voice that toward them? People like to say those who wanted such changes had a right to voice that toward Bioware and now TSW, yet the opposite is some taboo obscure curiosity for those who spent plenty of time doing the latter
There are plenty of "endgame" activities that could greatly be expanded on, be it sandbox style or themepark.This type of feedback should be highly valuable to Anet or Bioware as well as any other studio, as long as it's presented in a contrsutive courteous manner, I don't give two **** what the op has said in the past, there was plenty of reasoning given for his gripes, taht's good enough for me.
For every minute you are angry , you lose 60 seconds of happiness."-Emerson
Originally posted by BilboDoggins Months ago before I started ebta testing this game I was very excited. I had bought into the hype that GW2 was the future and was gonna do things differently but after all the beta testing I finally had to be honest with myself about the game. The truth is that GW2 is basically more of the same with a few differences.
Okay,so this is your opinion I accept it,rest of ur opinion is comletely shows u understand nothing more that u understrood with the opening words,but adding just un-needed stuff,I understand u didnt understood the game,but seriesly u dont need to POINT OUT exactly what u DIDNT understood in the game I think is simply... how to say it.. stupid.
1. No raids- ANet removed raids because they know that their PVE system is to simple and casual to support complex and difficult raiding. Raids like everything else in GW2 (like pvp) are nothing but a button mashing zergfest. Having raids would have made this all the more obvious. Why u need raids ? if the raids in GW 2 come to you if u meet the requierments,and its less feels like raid but more feels like a Boss fight that u get to in to in every RPG game that makes the game fun to see some more harder stuff,why u need waste time search party to beat some Raid dungeon so u could waste so many time to search for a party that will probobly fail,leave,get discconect and ur RAID will fail. no u dont need all that.. U can just have fun at GW 2 and woah some boss will Apear to you,now yay U can have fun and maybe join it or continue ur journey.. hmm nothing bad about it x;?well if u smash ur buttons u are very "smart" person for doing so... he question is why u do it ? hmm i guess u gonna do button smasshing with Meele Characters too right ? would be fun to see u waving with ur attack the air.. I guess I will have to record that *jiggle* probobly if u button smash everything just will show u dont understand anything because its too much COMPLICATED for you.. okay now I understand why u dont happy about it its okay,I will help you.. no wait you have to manage on ur own sorry ;/ 2. No sub fee but cash shop oreiented which borders on P2W- One of GW2 's big selling points is that it has no sub-fee. This is a good thing but in all honesty they HAD to do this since GW2 simply doesnt have the content to justify paying a monthly sub. So instead ANet added a cash shop which gives rewards as good as the best stuff you can find in game and other things which makes it arguably Pay 2 win. And even if its not P2W at launch its obvious to anyone who is familiar with MMO's that it will end up that way. P2W ftw in every F2P game and P2P right ? you buy stuff in order to do better echment and buy better gear right cuz the gear u have maxed isnt enogh u must be better than others ? so u will echance ur equipment to be better than everyone right ? okay.. thats excatly where there isnt any Echchament stones Or Fail chance so u will waste ur time crying like every F2P or P2W game U DONT need better equiment .. why cant u just play like everyone ELSE .. WHY U MUST HAVE BETTER STUFF THA OTHERS HAVE ? WHY ? THE PROBLEM IS U DONT ! tahts excatly what GW 2 DOING. u have cash shop that u DONT really need to pay ur "REAL MONEY" at all. because u dont need it.What u need some sunglesses and some EXP boost ? wow.. u problbly will die without sunglasses in the real world too right ? or some expensive resturtant that will give u better food to fill ur stomach ? right man I know u cant without it.nor do I.. thats excactly what I am still ALIVE.
1. No raids- ANet removed raids because they know that their PVE system is to simple and casual to support complex and difficult raiding. Raids like everything else in GW2 (like pvp) are nothing but a button mashing zergfest. Having raids would have made this all the more obvious.
3. Pointless zerg pvp- PvP is supposed to be the strength of GW2 but in reality it is extremely shallow. PvP basically consists of running around in zergs and punching gates for hours on end for no reason. There is no actual purpose to GW2 pvp. No ladders, rankings, and no way to build a rep because you are given a generic name so nobody knows who you are. Poinless PVP ? okay so to you PVP is pointles I understand... cuz all wanna do in PVP is everything but except having FUN right ? u need have better gear than everyone... u need kill some noob players... right u all need that to make urself laugh like some retard to show ur have no life -.- serisly why do u really need it ? cant U just HAVE FUN and COMPETE with someone in PVP ? really ? cant u instead running in ZERGS and do nothing but button smashing,to have a wonderful team to cooparte with instead of gong zerg and just button smash everything.for that my friend U will need patience and lot of practice and of course teamwork.which all the what I said you are lacking my friend.Sorry pal but u really need some more "put urself into it" to make something work just like u real life if u wont study good u wont succes in anything :P
3. Pointless zerg pvp- PvP is supposed to be the strength of GW2 but in reality it is extremely shallow. PvP basically consists of running around in zergs and punching gates for hours on end for no reason. There is no actual purpose to GW2 pvp. No ladders, rankings, and no way to build a rep because you are given a generic name so nobody knows who you are.
4. No endgame- GW2 endgame= the same stuff you were doing since level one since "everything is endgame". Once you hit 80 there is nothing to do which provides actual character progression anymore. I really wanted this game to succeed and be great but I cant lie to myself. The fact is that GW2 is shallow and generic. Its more elves and orcs fantasy that we have seen a million times. GW2 is really just WoW minus raids and sub fees. Luckily TSW's excellent stories and atmosphere which is unique and difficult will be able to tide me over until Planetside 2 launches which will be the next big MMO that revolutionizes the genre. Right,so u really have nothing to do from the begining... no end game for u from the begining means u dont even realise what u have to do from the begning of the game srsly -__- wtf are u playing MMO in first place ? to tell u what TO DO NEXT ? instead of having ur OWN will and having fun in what U choose to do ? not forcing u to grind.not forcing u to catch up with others players.not forcring u to just search for other gear BUT just to have fun?
4. No endgame- GW2 endgame= the same stuff you were doing since level one since "everything is endgame". Once you hit 80 there is nothing to do which provides actual character progression anymore.
I really wanted this game to succeed and be great but I cant lie to myself. The fact is that GW2 is shallow and generic. Its more elves and orcs fantasy that we have seen a million times.
^ This ur ur opinion so I have nothing to say about,simply GJ.
GW2 is really just WoW minus raids and sub fees.
I see nothing bad about it...
Luckily TSW's excellent stories and atmosphere which is unique and difficult:
Yup ,I see exactly why GW 2 will have better score and will be more popular in the end for the long time but its okay have fun at TSW it isnt bad,really I just prefer more fantasy and realistic feeling in that fantasy in my games
will be able to tide me over until Planetside 2 launches which will be the next big MMO that revolutionizes the genre.
That is my friend for another day.
Originally posted by Distopia Originally posted by colddog04 Originally posted by Enigmatus Apparently you need to be completely addicted to the point that you give up everything else to play the game in order for it to be considered a true MMO. Otherwise it's "SHALLOW AND MEDIOCRE."
GW2's endgame model has been proven in GW1. It's very similar. GW1 did well and so should GW2.
The endgame will not appeal to everyone and that's fine, no game does. But judging by GW1's success, this type of an endgame should appeal to a decent number of people.
Originally posted by heartless
To me this is like saying DAOC worked so WAR will too. Can never judge how successful one game will be based on the success of a previous title. Not to mention GW2 has many differences in game-play. A more active combat system for one, which is a pretty big factor, a new form of world content is another. Little focus toward guild warring at launch is another major difference. GW1 had a hefty amount of clan feeatures.
Originally posted by RagnorMalak Who cares...
I have not had the time to read nine pages of thread, but two things do seem dire:
A cash shop that allows you to buy items as good as the best you get in game.
The final point that I found negative and rather odd was not using your own name in PvP, is that right? What on earth is that all about?
You received 25 Agrees. You're posting some good content. Great!
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Now Doesn't That Make You Feel All Warm And Fuzzy? :P
Originally posted by colddog04 Originally posted by Aelious Originally posted by Psychow Originally posted by heartless Originally posted by Psychow Originally posted by Aelious The amusing part will be all the doom sayers camping this forum waiting for "man, GW2 really bites!" and scrambling to pipe in with "I told you it would!!" replies. Of course people will not like the game, even though they thought they might, and then come here to whine about it. Hopefully they will be asked why, not that it will matter to the ITYS crowd.
I've never understood why people would hope to "not" like something. You would think that having more things that people like would be a good thing.
It's impossible to create a game which will equally appeal to everyone. The great thing is that there are a lot of MMOs out there and chances are, whatever your preference is, there is a game for your niche.
Yeah, but why would people want others to not like a game?
I get that I may or may not like a game. What I don't understand is why I would hope YOU wouldn't like the game? It doesn't make any sense to me. YOU not liking a game will not help ME in any way. See what I'm sayin?
That was exactly my point. I see too many people saying "you're going to be disappointed, don't be too excited" when they should really be happy that others are happy. I guess it's just too much for some.
One of my favorite things that a lot of people say that I personally think is bullshit is:
If you never get excited by anything, you'll never be disappointed by anything.
What kind of a life is that?
My missus reckons I am a missable f*ck. I like to think i'm a realist. I dont have particularly high hopes for GW2 but what i see is a carefully crafted game made with attention to detail by devs that 'have a clue'.
I have to work hard to retain a bit of compassion for the OP, it is sad to see someone on such a mission to diminish people's view of the game. It really says more about the poster than GW2. As the guy above said what sort of person would devote so much time to try and convince people not to like the game? I can think of a couple of words that whilst accurate are probably against the MMORPG ToS because they are often used in a derogatory fashion.
Block the trolls, don't answer them, so we can remove the garbage from these forums
IF those two things are not appealing, what's left: story segemnts you could find better elsewhere (SP games), a handfull of dungeons and structured PVP (BG areanas). I can live with PVP but I'm not everyone.
A-net ran under the mantra of changing the genre for the better, that's some mighty big talk, if people don't see that in their offering should they not voice that toward them? People liek to say those who wanted such changes had a right to voice that toward Bioware and now TSW, yet the opposite is some taboo obscure curiosity for those who spent plenty of time doing the latter
My post discussed the depth of systems between the two games (WoW and GW2). I never went over which was better or more preferred. I only questioned the sanity of saying one game (WoW) had more "depth" over the other (GW2) to justify a sub.
But I think the point still stands about the gear treadmill. When you place WoW and GW2 side by side, they have an overall similar amount of depth. I'd say GW2 leveling system is an upgrade in my opinion. I'd say character customization is deeper and more complex. I'd say the WvW PvP is superior to Wintergrasp and such. I'd say the sPvP and combat is similar in depth.
Eventually, you get to what exactly? What is there in WoW that GW2 does not possess that makes WoW such a deeper experience as to warrant a sub when compared against GW2? Once you knock everything else away, you come up with instanced raids with a gear treadmill. I'm not against instanced raids at all, but I have to admit that I find the gear treadmill tedious.
I'm not sure why you are championing the original post as it does serve to spread misinformation instead of critiquing the various areas of the game. And his post was not contructive or courteous as you imply in my opinion.
So you bought / preordered a game that told what their game is.
1. no raids - realy ? they dint say that from start ?
2. P2W ? realy ? show me those EPIC warhammer for cash ?
3. Pointless zerg where in time the top servers duke it out ? pointless ?
4. Endgame starts with the second you log in, each zone can be revisited and you scale down to that level. 8 dungeons to explore at launch who are damn hardcore.
Why you even bothered with GW2 is a realy strange question tbh, Anet told us from start what GW2 is going to be.
I played almost all beta's and each time i log in iam satisfied with what i see.
Sorry you dont like it buddy, but your in for a long long wait for the next good mmo.