Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Cancelled my pre-order today. Heres why

Comments

• NitthNitth Member UncommonPosts: 3,904

Originally posted by CrunkJuice2
    Originally posted by Lord.Bachus   Originally posted by Nitth   Originally posted by Maketso After the OP bashed GW2 and said TSW is better, I decided to watch a video on it. ( Just to see what pops up ).     What came up? *Intro Scene*   What company helped produce it?   EA   LOL
      Whats your point? Who publishes gw2? Ncsoft. Which also made Aion, One of the greatest mmorpg failures in history of the western world.  
      Aion is currently the 2nd largest MMO in the scene, steadilly at 2 - 3M players, mostly in Asia.   You have got no clue about MMO failures at all.
    exactly,ncsoft's mmos do better overseas then they do in america because there korean mmos.which arent piss easy and casual garbagefests like world of warcraft and other american mmos

Yet they tried to "westenise it" and market it to the west? Great idea that turned out to be.

TSW - AoC - Aion - WOW - EVE - Fallen Earth - Co - Rift - || XNA C# Java Development

• heartlessheartless Member UncommonPosts: 4,993
    Originally posted by BilboDoggins
    Originally posted by Dreskest
    Originally posted by FlawSGI

Man this guy again with the GW2 hate.  I put him on block long ago and I suggest anyone that is looking for a real discussion do the same because you won't get one. Here, I'll leave this here again and keep asking myself WTF you keep making threads in GW2 section OP if it aint to troll.  

http://www.mmorpg.com/discussion2.cfm/post/5082046#5082046

By your own words you were gonna stop trolling the GW2 forums and MMORPG in general and if you can't even be honest with that, then how can anything you say afterwards be taken seriousely?

Why they keep making threads in GW2 section if it ain't to troll ?

For the same reason blind GW2 fanbois keep trolling and hating in other games forums. At least I give credit to the OP for creating a thread.

I can not say the same thing about this GW2 fanboi Zylaxx just copy/pasting his thread and replacing GW2 for TSW and posting it in TSW's forums.

Talk about a total lack of originality.

And to the OP, I never cancelled my preorder because I never preordered to begin with.

Having played for about 30 hours in the last beta event, I think GW2 is very dull and shallow on so many levels that it is not worth my money and time when it goes live.

To the GW2 community, have fun with your game and if you want to know a bit more about my criticism of GW2 feel free to check my post history. I do not post much, but the criticism is definitely there. 

Very well thought out post and I agree with everything you just said. Its a shame there arent more people around here who can just be honest and tell the truth about things. Kudos to you sir.

In other words, you just admitted to trolling. gg.

• CrunkJuice2CrunkJuice2 Member Posts: 568

if you wanna know why aion doesnt do good in the west,read my post i made about korean mmos

here ill retype it

"exactly,ncsoft's mmos do better overseas then they do in america because there korean mmos.which arent piss easy and casual garbagefests like world of warcraft and other american mmos "

• AeliousAelious Member RarePosts: 3,521

Man this guy again with the GW2 hate.  I put him on block long ago and I suggest anyone that is looking for a real discussion do the same because you won't get one. Here, I'll leave this here again and keep asking myself WTF you keep making threads in GW2 section OP if it aint to troll.  

By your own words you were gonna stop trolling the GW2 forums and MMORPG in general and if you can't even be honest with that, then how can anything you say afterwards be taken seriousely?

For the same reason blind GW2 fanbois keep trolling and hating in other games forums. At least I give credit to the OP for creating a thread.

I can not say the same thing about this GW2 fanboi Zylaxx just copy/pasting his thread and replacing GW2 for TSW and posting it in TSW's forums.

And to the OP, I never cancelled my preorder because I never preordered to begin with.

Having played for about 30 hours in the last beta event, I think GW2 is very dull and shallow on so many levels that it is not worth my money and time when it goes live.

To the GW2 community, have fun with your game and if you want to know a bit more about my criticism of GW2 feel free to check my post history. I do not post much, but the criticism is definitely there. 

Very well thought out post and I agree with everything you just said. Its a shame there arent more people around here who can just be honest and tell the truth about things. Kudos to you sir.

Aww, you found a friend.

Originally posted by heartless

In other words, you just admitted to trolling. gg.

Oh I see. Having an o pinion other than the GW2 hivemind constitutes trolling now. How very Nazi Germany of you. /eyeroll

No. Having an opinion is perfectly fine. But you just endoresed a post which justified trolling on GW2 forums because some GW2 fans troll other communities. Which, taking your post history into consideration... Well, I just put the 2 together and it makes perfect sense.

You can't troll a troll, son.

• YakkinYakkin Member Posts: 919

Oh I see. Having an o pinion other than the GW2 hivemind constitutes trolling now. How very Nazi Germany of you. /eyeroll

The so called hivemind isn't unique to GW2, you know. Your mindless praise of your preferred game, even though I admit it's a fun game, and your overly condescending comments towards GW2 makes you no different from the "GW2 fanboys" you pretend to be holier than.

Secondly, posting an opinion on a forum is going to get scrutiny in some form or manner, and even more so when parts of or even the entire post is filled with inaccuracies or exaggerations as an attempt to make the subject of the post seem inferior, which is exactly what you are doing.

TL;DR:

You aren't better than any of us, and opinions are going to be criticized, especially if you are deliberately lying about your knowledge of the subject at hand.

• rykim86rykim86 Member Posts: 236

An opinion is garbage if it's based off false statements or pretences.

• KingJigglyKingJiggly Member Posts: 777

Mods, please close this thread. It is quite disgusting, and breaks several of your Code of Conduct rules. The major broken is "Game attacks" which states that  "Unsubstantiated comments about specific or general games will be penalized in nearly the same way attacks against people will. The exception is that you can say mean things about games provided you back it up with reasons." will lead to the closing of the thread. He did not back up his attacks with facts, he backed them up with opinions that offended a large group of players including myself. He continues to attack the game, has a rather large post history of attacking the game, and is a hypocrit in what he says. To quit a game that sucks becuase *put gameplay reasons here* is rather different from *I quit the game becuase the community sucks and so I hypocritically post here" is a rather unreasonable and confusing argument.

I also accuse this thread of "Trolling" according to your rule, posting in a large number of threads the game sucks is considered "trolling" however, Bilbodoggins has gone even further as to make entire threads to disgrace a smugde the godd name of ArenaNet, Guild Wars 2, and its entire community in an attempt to simply gain personal enjoyment out of it and to promote another game (TSW). He is also an admitted troll.

Another reason why this thread should be locked and deleted is becuase it is downright spam. While very similair to "Trolling", your "Spamming" rule states that if one posts multiple posts on the same subject to hinder the board. He has done this several times, making entire threads to bash the game, and while it may be over the course of a year, I still believe it is considered "Spam" and should be ended.

Edit- I wish to also add that this thread has strayed from its original purpose, no matter how corrupt, and has turned into the accused attacking the community and reffering to them as "fan bois", "Nazis", "closeminded" and multiple other phrases that should be proof enough to destroy this thread.

I accuse BilboDoggins of this, and will stand by it. Please, lock and delete this thread for the good of the MMORPG.com community, to keep good names from being desimated, to stop those that wish to simply destroy this game due to the large amount of hype and good reviews, and to keep you own names, Moderatrs, from being soiled any more by this filth. Thank you.

-King Jiggly

• otinanai123otinanai123 Member Posts: 265
    Why did this thread become a GW2 vs TSW thing? Are gw2 fanboys so blind they think every criticism of the game must be an "attack" by another game's fanboys?
  • otacuotacu Member UncommonPosts: 547

Months ago before I started ebta testing this game I was very excited. I had bought into the hype that GW2 was the future and was gonna do things differently but after all the beta testing I finally had to be honest with myself about the game. The truth is that GW2 is basically more of the same with a few differences.

1. No raids- ANet removed raids because they know that their PVE system is to simple and casual to support complex and difficult raiding. Raids like everything else in GW2 (like pvp) are nothing but a button mashing zergfest. Having raids would have made this all the more obvious.

2. No sub fee but cash shop oreiented which borders on P2W- One of GW2 's big selling points is that it has no sub-fee. This is a good thing but in all honesty they HAD to do this since GW2 simply doesnt have the content to justify paying a monthly sub. So instead ANet added a cash shop which gives rewards as good as the best stuff you can find in game and other things which makes it arguably Pay 2 win. And even if its not P2W at launch its obvious to anyone who is familiar with MMO's that it will end up that way.

3. Pointless zerg pvp- PvP is supposed to be the strength of GW2 but in reality it is extremely shallow. PvP basically consists of running around in zergs and punching gates for hours on end for no reason.  There is no actual purpose to GW2 pvp. No ladders, rankings, and no way to build a rep because you are given a generic name so nobody knows who you are.

4. No endgame- GW2 endgame= the same stuff you were doing since level one since "everything is endgame". Once you hit 80 there is nothing to do which provides actual character progression anymore.

I really wanted this game to succeed and be great but I cant lie to myself. The fact is that GW2 is shallow and generic. Its more elves and orcs fantasy that we have seen a million times. GW2 is really just WoW minus raids and sub fees. Luckily TSW's excellent stories and atmosphere which is unique and difficult will be able to tide me over until Planetside 2 launches which will be the next big MMO that revolutionizes the genre.

You did not cancel your preorder. In fact you didn't preorder in the first place.

You had all the informations about the game long before you could even start preorder.

You knew the fact that there will be no trinity and no raids before the beta

You knew the fact that there will be a cash shop and that you think it's pay to win it laughable because : 1) it's not a gearbased game and 2) GW1 experience prove you otherwise.

Calling WvWvW a zergfest with no purpose and only doorbashing. You know... servers are going to be ranked and only idiots punched  on doors for hours. PVP is the structured 5v5 pvp you didn't even mentioned

You knew about how endgame was going to work well before beta.

I really wanted this game to succeed and be great but I cant lie to myself.

Truth is you're lying. You didn't want the game to  succeed you only wanted to troll.

The fact is that GW2 is shallow and generic.

The last word you can attach to GW2 is generic. You can even say it's BAD but generic? hell no.

Its more elves and orcs fantasy that we have seen a million times.

There are no elves and orcs in GW2 

GW2 is really just WoW minus raids and sub fees.

Yes and the Sun is green and cold

Luckily TSW's excellent stories and atmosphere which is unique and difficult will be able to tide me over until Planetside 2 launches which will be the next big MMO that revolutionizes the genre.

Did you know the differences between mmoRPG and mmoFPS?

Originally posted by otinanai123
    Why did this thread become a GW2 vs TSW thing? Are gw2 fanboys so blind they think every criticism of the game must be an "attack" by another game's fanboys?

Why do you think everyone must be a blind fanboy if a comment filled with inaccuracies and exaggerations that were stated DELIBERATELY to get a rise out of people is posted on these forums and gets criticized?

Get off your damn high horse, otinanai. Bilbo isn't stating an opinon, he's up and front LYING and soiling the developers' name because he seems to perceive the game as a threat to his own game which he fanboys over.

And before you go and accuse me of hating TSW, I actually liked the game.

• TrionicusTrionicus Member UncommonPosts: 498

Months ago before I started ebta testing this game I was very excited. I had bought into the hype that GW2 was the future and was gonna do things differently but after all the beta testing I finally had to be honest with myself about the game. The truth is that GW2 is basically more of the same with a few differences.

1. No raids- ANet removed raids because they know that their PVE system is to simple and casual to support complex and difficult raiding. Raids like everything else in GW2 (like pvp) are nothing but a button mashing zergfest. Having raids would have made this all the more obvious.

2. No sub fee but cash shop oreiented which borders on P2W- One of GW2 's big selling points is that it has no sub-fee. This is a good thing but in all honesty they HAD to do this since GW2 simply doesnt have the content to justify paying a monthly sub. So instead ANet added a cash shop which gives rewards as good as the best stuff you can find in game and other things which makes it arguably Pay 2 win. And even if its not P2W at launch its obvious to anyone who is familiar with MMO's that it will end up that way.

3. Pointless zerg pvp- PvP is supposed to be the strength of GW2 but in reality it is extremely shallow. PvP basically consists of running around in zergs and punching gates for hours on end for no reason.  There is no actual purpose to GW2 pvp. No ladders, rankings, and no way to build a rep because you are given a generic name so nobody knows who you are.

4. No endgame- GW2 endgame= the same stuff you were doing since level one since "everything is endgame". Once you hit 80 there is nothing to do which provides actual character progression anymore.

I really wanted this game to succeed and be great but I cant lie to myself. The fact is that GW2 is shallow and generic. Its more elves and orcs fantasy that we have seen a million times. GW2 is really just WoW minus raids and sub fees. Luckily TSW's excellent stories and atmosphere which is unique and difficult will be able to tide me over until Planetside 2 launches which will be the next big MMO that revolutionizes the genre.

No one wants to hear a detailed honest opinion about GW2 that is negative.

Everyone wants this game to succeed, everyone wanted SWTOR to be awesome too. No one besides corporate competition wants a game to suck and fail. So when you find fans of GW2 or even SWTOR talk about "haters" it's really pathetic. Because we just wake up in the morning and hope to find another sucky game... right?

What it comes down to for me is that I'm not overly concerned about playing with other people, so I'll just stick to superior gameplay in SRPG's like Skyrim, for now.

• NitthNitth Member UncommonPosts: 3,904

Originally posted by KingJiggly
    Bilbodoggins has gone even further as to make entire threads to disgrace a smugde the godd name of ArenaNet, Guild Wars 2, and its entire community.

Your joking right? You forgot to mention the defacing of several companies such as Funcom, EA, and their flagship products.

Equality.

TSW - AoC - Aion - WOW - EVE - Fallen Earth - Co - Rift - || XNA C# Java Development

• KingJigglyKingJiggly Member Posts: 777
    Originally posted by Nitth

Originally posted by KingJiggly
    Bilbodoggins has gone even further as to make entire threads to disgrace a smugde the godd name of ArenaNet, Guild Wars 2, and its entire community.

Your joking right? You forgot to mention the defacing of several companies such as Funcom, EA, and their flagship products.

Equality.

The list was to long to bother with, throw in NCsoft to lol

Did you read the OP? I don't think you did. I think you should. Then I think that you should delete your comment and apologize.

• lathaanlathaan Member UncommonPosts: 476
    well finally! would be scary if 100% of the players 'd love the game. YOU ARE THE 1%. Be proud and piss off ;)
    Originally posted by Trionicus

Can an opinion still be honest if it's full of lies?

• ZebladeZeblade Member UncommonPosts: 931

Hmm I must have missed all the great reviews of TSW awesome end game and PVP.  Why people talk or trash a game thats not even launched yet .. yet know all about end game, pvp.

• otinanai123otinanai123 Member Posts: 265

Only what he said about p2w cash shop is incorrect. The rest of his points are spot on.

• UkiahUkiah Member Posts: 273
    Originally posted by otacu

You did not cancel your preorder. In fact you didn't preorder in the first place.

You had all the informations about the game long before you could even start preorder.

You knew the fact that there will be no trinity and no raids before the beta

You knew the fact that there will be a cash shop and that you think it's pay to win it laughable because : 1) it's not a gearbased game and 2) GW1 experience prove you otherwise.

Calling WvWvW a zergfest with no purpose and only doorbashing. You know... servers are going to be ranked and only idiots punched  on doors for hours. PVP is the structured 5v5 pvp you didn't even mentioned

You knew about how endgame was going to work well before beta.

I really wanted this game to succeed and be great but I cant lie to myself.

Truth is you're lying. You didn't want the game to  succeed you only wanted to troll.

The fact is that GW2 is shallow and generic.

The last word you can attach to GW2 is generic. You can even say it's BAD but generic? hell no.

Its more elves and orcs fantasy that we have seen a million times.

There are no elves and orcs in GW2 

GW2 is really just WoW minus raids and sub fees.

Yes and the Sun is green and cold

Luckily TSW's excellent stories and atmosphere which is unique and difficult will be able to tide me over until Planetside 2 launches which will be the next big MMO that revolutionizes the genre.

Did you know the differences between mmoRPG and mmoFPS?

0.o

/slowly backs out of the thread....

• BilboDogginsBilboDoggins Member Posts: 198

I dont get it. I mention that I am playing TSW and suddenly that makes me a TSW fanboy? Interesting logic.

Never ceases to amaze me how quick the GW2 crowd is to judge and label others. Pretty sad and some of these posters should be embarrsed and ashamed.image

• Skarecrow7Skarecrow7 Member UncommonPosts: 339
    Wow.. 41 pages for a "look at me, I'm a special princess" thread. Bet the OP feels like she just won on toddlers and tairs or something.

I dont get it. I mention that I am playing TSW and suddenly that makes me a TSW fanboy? Interesting logic.

Never ceases to amaze me how quick the GW2 crowd is to judge and label others. Pretty sad and some of these posters should be embarrsed and ashamed.image

You judge and label others fanboys for criticizing your original post, which they had a right to since it was full of inaccuracies and exaggerations. But why do I bother responding? Its obvious you think you are superior in every fashion and everything I'm saying probably comes off to you as "Blah Blah I'm a loser who lives in his basement and loves GW2 and can't accept criticism blah blah".

Only what he said about p2w cash shop is incorrect. The rest of his points are spot on.

No, they really are not and it has been explained ad naseum in this thread. Just read a few posts that counter his points. There are some on the very first page.

No, they really are not and it has been explained ad naseum in this thread. Just read a few posts that counter his points. There are some on the very first page.

Ugh, I give up. It's obvious that they refuse to listen; they're dead set in their beliefs and they think of us as subhumans who shouldn't question their superior beliefs.

This discussion has been closed.