Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Cancelled my Sub today and here is why

ZylaxxZylaxx Member Posts: 2,574

1. No raids- No raiding yet and all we got was a measly 7 or 8 missions and a rehas of Nightmares of elite dungeons already in game.

2. Silly sub fee but cash shop oreiented which borders on P2W- TSW simply doesnt have the content to justify paying a monthly sub.

3. Pointless zerg pvp- PvP is supposed to be the strength of TSW with its 3 factions but in reality it is extremely shallow. PvP basically consists of running around in zergs and capping wells and facilities to no end for no reason. There is no actual purpose to TSW pvp. No ladders, rankings, and no way to build a rep because you are given a generic appearance so nobody knows who you are.  On top of this the battleground style PvP is extremely lacking consisting of one shots and CC trains not to mention hour long ques for arguably the only decent BG ElDorado.  The entire system is grindy by nature, the only way to be any good is to have purple gear and that takes for ever to earn.

4. No endgame- TSW endgame= TSW arguablly has the best level up in the MMO genre but once you get to QL10 gear your back to playing a WoW clone with zero raiding, grindy dungeons and no decent way for a DPS to get into Niihgtmare dungeons.  Any game that forces you to play a different game at endgame or level cap is a flawed system.

I really wanted this game to succeed and be great but I cant lie to myself. The fact is that TSW is shallow and generic. Its more  fantasy then modern age, I am sorry but Elementalism (Wizards) Sword/Hammer (Warriors) just feels to fantasy based imo. Something that we have seen a million times. TSW is really just WoW minus raids and good content. Luckily GW2's excellent atmosphere and questing system which is unique and difficult due to the downscaling to the appropriate area plus the open world feeling of the Dynamic event system that leads into Zone wide Meta Events is superior to anything TSW can do and will easily take the place so many raiders clamor for.  GW2 is the next huge MMO tha twill revolutionize the genre and bring about the innovation and epicness all tired themepark MMOs lack cutrrently.  I wont even have to wait for another MMO like Planetside 2 because it isnt even an MMO, its a persistant FPS that offers nothing to the MMO genre.

Everything you need to know about Elder Scrolls Online

Playing: GW2
Waiting on: TESO
Next Flop: Planetside 2
Best MMO of all time: Asheron's Call - The first company to recreate AC will be the next greatest MMO.

Comments

• NitthNitth Member UncommonPosts: 3,904

Originally posted by Zylaxx
    1. No raids- No raiding yet and all we got was a measly 7 or 8 missions and a rehas of Nightmares of elite dungeons already in game.

2. Silly sub fee but cash shop oreiented which borders on P2W- TSW simply doesnt have the content to justify paying a monthly sub.

3. Pointless zerg pvp- PvP is supposed to be the strength of TSW with its 3 factions but in reality it is extremely shallow. PvP basically consists of running around in zergs and capping wells and facilities to no end for no reason. There is no actual purpose to TSW pvp. No ladders, rankings, and no way to build a rep because you are given a generic appearance so nobody knows who you are.  On top of this the battleground style PvP is extremely lacking consisting of one shots and CC trains not to mention hour long ques for arguably the only decent BG ElDorado.  The entire system is grindy by nature, the only way to be any good is to have purple gear and that takes for ever to earn.

4. No endgame- TSW endgame= TSW arguablly has the best level up in the MMO genre but once you get to QL10 gear your back to playing a WoW clone with zero raiding, grindy dungeons and no decent way for a DPS to get into Niihgtmare dungeons.  Any game that forces you to play a different game at endgame or level cap is a flawed system.

I really wanted this game to succeed and be great but I cant lie to myself. The fact is that TSW is shallow and generic. Its more  fantasy then modern age, I am sorry but Elementalism (Wizards) Sword/Hammer (Warriors) just feels to fantasy based imo. Something that we have seen a million times. TSW is really just WoW minus raids and good content. Luckily GW2's excellent atmosphere and questing system which is unique and difficult due to the downscaling to the appropriate area plus the open world feeling of the Dynamic event system that leads into Zone wide Meta Events is superior to anything TSW can do and will easily take the place so many raiders clamor for.  GW2 is the next huge MMO tha twill revolutionize the genre and bring about the innovation and epicness all tired themepark MMOs lack cutrrently.  I wont even have to wait for another MMO like Planetside 2 because it isnt even an MMO, its a persistant FPS that offers nothing to the MMO genre.

No need for him. Sorry you dont like tsw, Hope you find a game to your liking.

edit; oh you removed your baiting comment.

TSW - AoC - Aion - WOW - EVE - Fallen Earth - Co - Rift - || XNA C# Java Development

• SevenwindSevenwind Member UncommonPosts: 2,188

Why did you copy this???

http://www.mmorpg.com/discussion2.cfm/thread/360296/page/1

.. .... .- - . - .-. --- .-.. .-.. ... .-- .... --- .-. . .--. --- .-. - .-.-.-

--------------------------------------------------------
    Promote what you love instead of bashing what you hate.

• petespripetespri Member Posts: 15

I agree OP. 

FWIW, it'll be fun to watch TSW fanbois come flocking back to their forum... bcbully, bildodoggins, etc.  Haha, good times.

ps- Very objective review!  Can't disagree with a single thing.  Certainly players looking to sub should read this first.

• MagnetiaMagnetia Member UncommonPosts: 1,015

I agree with the entire post. I like how you only stated facts and not opinions. Finally someone that has the guts to tell 100% truth without fear of being killed by the Illuminati.

/sarcasm

Play for fun. Play to win. Play for perfection. Play with friends. Play in another world. Why do you play?

Originally posted by petespri
    I agree OP.  FWIW, it'll be fun to watch TSW fanbois come flocking back to their forum... bcbully, bildodoggins, etc.  Haha, good times. ps- Very objective review!  Can't disagree with a single thing.  Certainly players looking to sub should read this first.

You forgot me! /chuckles

Seriously though, i can sleep easy because noone can prove TSW is a bad game anymore than they can prove gw2 is.

Its in the eye of the beholder, And if the op is scencere, Then I respect his opinion

TSW - AoC - Aion - WOW - EVE - Fallen Earth - Co - Rift - || XNA C# Java Development

• AzureProwerAzurePrower Member UncommonPosts: 1,550

I salute you OP.

• ajayazirajayazir Member Posts: 108
    I thought this was still the post of that other guy about GW2 earlier!
  • ZylaxxZylaxx Member Posts: 2,574
    Originally posted by Nitth

I agree OP. 

FWIW, it'll be fun to watch TSW fanbois come flocking back to their forum... bcbully, bildodoggins, etc.  Haha, good times.

ps- Very objective review!  Can't disagree with a single thing.  Certainly players looking to sub should read this first.

You forgot me! /chuckles

Seriously though, i can sleep easy because noone can prove TSW is a bad game anymore than they can prove gw2 is.

Its in the eye of the beholder, And if the op is scencere, Then I respect his opinion

I actually like the game and plan on coming back in a few months to see what content they add in, especially a dungeon finder of sorts.  I can handle the horrible PvP (since I didnt pick this game up for its PvP) but being a DPS (and one who loves melee DPS) is arguably an excersie in frustration trying to find groups for nightmares.

Everything you need to know about Elder Scrolls Online

Playing: GW2
    Waiting on: TESO
    Next Flop: Planetside 2
    Best MMO of all time: Asheron's Call - The first company to recreate AC will be the next greatest MMO.

Originally posted by Nitth   Originally posted by petespri I agree OP.      FWIW, it'll be fun to watch TSW fanbois come flocking back to their forum... bcbully, bildodoggins, etc.  Haha, good times.   ps- Very objective review!  Can't disagree with a single thing.  Certainly players looking to sub should read this first.  
      You forgot me! /chuckles Seriously though, i can sleep easy because noone can prove TSW is a bad game anymore than they can prove gw2 is. Its in the eye of the beholder, And if the op is scencere, Then I respect his opinion  
    I actually like the game and plan on coming back in a few months to see what content they add in, especially a dungeon finder of sorts.  I can handle the horrible PvP (since I didnt pick this game up for its PvP) but being a DPS (and one who loves melee DPS) is arguably an excersie in frustration trying to find groups for nightmares.

Not saying that you experience is invalid, But im melee fist/chaos dps and Havent found any problems getting nightmare groups. I will say that "we" have a tougher job than say ranged.

• KraylorKraylor Member Posts: 94
    It's not that I disagree with much of your post, it's just that you claim GW2 is revolutionary and will change future MMOs.  I want to puke. 

Waiting on: The Repopulation

• CorrineCorrine Member UncommonPosts: 77

You do that.

Op is just trolling a similarly titled thread, nothing more

Originally posted by Kraylor
    It's not that I disagree with much of your post, it's just that you claim GW2 is revolutionary and will change future MMOs.  I want to puke. 

And there in lies the problem. We can argue that, but it seem every time someone does its labelled a "troll post" or it becomes paralleled with TSW for some unknown reason...

• Skeeter50Skeeter50 Member UncommonPosts: 147
    I sit here tonight reading post while downloading another game. Yes, I am a lifetimer of TSW, but I am downloading a different game. I love Funcom, but TSW is not as good as the best game I have ever played. So tonight I download the absolute best game ever made. Age of Conan can't be touched.
  • tank017tank017 Member Posts: 2,192

where the hell are the mods?

these message boards are going to shit ....heh

• MaketsoMaketso Member Posts: 25
    Originally posted by Kraylor

I play TSW and OP has alot of validation in his posting, clearly. /sarcasm

^_^

p.s. Why  is EA a company in this game? There lies a problem.

• xr00t3dxxr00t3dx Member Posts: 275
    Originally posted by Sevenwind

Why did you copy this???

Crazy world isn't it? :(

• wasim470wasim470 Member Posts: 243

Thanx for sharing, now am changing my mind about buying this i guess.

• fallenlordsfallenlords Member UncommonPosts: 683

I agree OP. 

Quite a lot more fanbois than I thought, I was under the impression most were being objective but these recent threads show how emphatic these people are overall.   They also all seem to wear rose tinted glasses.  But how you spin a free-fall share price will be interesting to see.  Down again this morning  ...

• Agent_JosephAgent_Joseph Member UncommonPosts: 1,361
    Originally posted by Sevenwind

Why did you copy this???

it is trend in last few years !

Hate another games without reasson just only talk how is game bad

• kol56kol56 Member Posts: 124

After reading the first part of the OP i had to check the forum senction to make sure he wasn't talking about GW2.

"Luckily GW2's excellent atmosphere and questing system which is unique and difficult due to the downscaling to the appropriate area plus the open world feeling of the Dynamic event system that leads into Zone wide Meta Events is superior to anything TSW can do and will easily take the place so many raiders clamor for.  GW2 is the next huge MMO tha twill revolutionize the genre and bring about the innovation and epicness all tired themepark MMOs lack cutrrently."

"Dogs are the leaders of the planet. If you see two life forms, one of them's making a poop, the other one's carrying it for him, who would you assume is in charge."

"The idea behind the tuxedo is the woman's point of view that men are all the same; so we might as well dress them that way. That's why a wedding is like the joining together of a beautiful, glowing bride and some guy"
    -Seinfeld

• solarinesolarine Member Posts: 1,203

Funny enough, I agree with this mirror-flamebait just as I agree with the original post in the GW2 forums.

Just one thing: the "cash shop bordering on P2W" point isn't really applicable to TSW, from what I remember.

Other than that, yeah, this works for both games! :)

• fyfanfarlifyfanfarli Member Posts: 15

OP makes a few legitimate claims for sure. I am finding myself not even logging in every day anymore. I have 4 QL10.4 epic pieces and rest 10.2 or better and I got like 20 or so nightwatch glyph toolkits and 200+ bullions (waiting for the blaze nerf before I decide where to go with these). For me a full day of content sweeping in TSW consists of logging in and clearing the 5 NM dungeons available at this point, it usually takes about 3 hours depending if I have friends online or if I have to PuG.

I think TSW (in theory) is the best MMO I have ever played (compared to TERA, AoC, Aion, Rift, AC, AC2, Lineage, L2 etc etc) but  as soon as you starting to realize that pvp is anti-fun due to it being mostly pointless and zerging, no reason for me to excell, I get all my stuff from NM grinding anyways and as dragon on Grim server I have amassad 4.5k white marks.. While other factions are sporting 50k+, no matter how much I pvp, if my faction wont try and win in fusang I cant spend my black marks from stonehenge on other stuff than animas for crafting resources.. which seems not so rewarding atm.

I am sad because TSW could have been such a smash hit, but I also sympathize with FC, they need commercial success and most people do not go through all content in matters of weeks. But I know I am far from alone feeling this way though.

I think that TSW will be beoynd awesome in 8+ months time when they had a chance to add some content and redesign their pvp reward system. But by then I will be long gone, I do feel happy for people who will be there for that though.

I am in no way qualified to say that "this is wrong/bad, do this instead", I trust FC are far more adept in making decisions regarding game design in order to produce the most economically viable future for their product, but as a player I am a bit sad that the fling couldnt evolve in to a full blown romance for me, the game is sooo good.. kinda.. or could have been or.. well you get it.

• ConnlaiConnlai Member Posts: 26
    Originally posted by fallenlords

I agree OP. 

Quite a lot more fanbois than I thought, I was under the impression most were being objective but these recent threads show how emphatic these people are overall.   They also all seem to wear rose tinted glasses.  But how you spin a free-fall share price will be interesting to see.  Down again this morning  ...

So, TSW failed to meet expectations of the share-market. Does that automatically make it a bad game, no it doesn't. We all knew that TSW was an under the radar, niche game. However, do I think that TSW deserves a wider audience than it has at present, yeah I do. I think that TSW should be able to reach at least 500.000 subsscribers, maybe sell 1 000.000 boxes. From that Funcom should be able to make a tidy profit, and also continue to expand TSW further. The share price today is totally ridiculous, and doesn't really reflect the value of the company, but it does reflect a nervous market that believe Funcom will break it's back and go bankrupt.

I don't think that will happen, and here are my five reasons for believing that:

1. TSW has the best leveling experience of any game I have ever tried, and I have tried quite a few. It has a very rich and detailed world, which basically has unlimited expansion potential. 
    2. TSW was released on Steam the day before they reported their forecast. Steam sales will automatically raise awareness in the gaming community, and I believe it will bring in quite a few new subscribers. Why they didn't release on Steam in the first place, is of course to do with the fact that EA wanting them on Origin, as well as sales through their own site gives them a bigger cut.
    3. If they keep their monthly update schedule, and keep producing quality content like they did in the August patch. TSW will be a remarkable game by December. Word will spread and people will join, even WoW didn't have their 10 million subscribers during the early years of the game, they crossed 10 mill in 2008. AO had a similar graph, started at a paltry 35 000 subscribers, but after the last expansion they had a total of 2 million accounts. 
    4. The Secret World at the moment have a small but dedicated group of players, but already we are seeing the development of a great, mature community. If Funcom can deliver tools and content to support their Cabals community, and I believe they can , then they will have a great retention of subscribers, and this is the most important for them.
    5. I believe that with a few small changes, addition of some sandbox mechanics, like player housing, stomping out the few remaining bugs as well as delivering raid content of the same quality as the MP dungeons, TSW will be the best game out there. 
    As so many have said before me, you can't keep a good game down, and TSW is a very good game as it stands today. It will get better, as Funcom have already proven with their Issue 1 update. Having a low popoulation now helps minimize the cry babies and doomsayers, a luxury another game (GW2) will not have. It will be an interesting year for MMO's 2012 might be the year that makes or breaks the whole industry. Unless Bioware is able to break even on their investment with TOR, Funcom with TSW and ArenaNet with GW2, I wonder which investor would like to put money into the next mmorpg being developed by any developer other than Blizzard. 

MMORPG needs a new hit game, as a friend of mine said, "TSW is a game i enjoy every aspect of, I can't wait to get off work and log in and do a couple of missions, if this game fails, I think I will give up the genre entirely."

-------------------

Kind regards,

Conlai "Darkmoor" MacGregor

• crysentcrysent Member UncommonPosts: 841

I actually tend to agree with the OP.  I also ended my sub not long ago and am patiently awaiting GW2.  TSW made the mistake a lot of games have made lately IMO.  While they had a generic PvP system it was not the focus of endgame as it should have been, it was something they threw into the game and said "we will just work on that later" and it cost them big time.

The story was awesome, but, once you burned through it (and it was easy to fly through) there was really nothing else to do.  doing the same dungeons over and over, taking part in the pointless PvP, and re-running the same quest in order to unlock pointless skills just because.

To be honest TSW would have been better had they simply made a few tweaks to PvP to make it more of a long-lasting experience rather then just jumping in, zerging your way through your dailies and then getting out.

• gwei1984gwei1984 Member UncommonPosts: 413

Ah, I see what you did there. Just read the same troll posting in the GW2 Forum about TSW and so on.

Why are people so butthurt about some random rantings of a troll, that they have to re-troll in the other games forum as well?

This page is nothing more, than a huge hype and troll machinery bouncing around in different directions.

Hodor!

This discussion has been closed.