Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

**-Gauging Interest-**

Hey Guys,

I'm considering putting together an E-book on the "Rogue Lifestyle."  Why is this here?  This is something I have personally

been doing for over a year now.  It was inspired by various MMO's and a need for a different kind of political activism coupled with a love for Urban Exploration, and various other activities designed to make one a better "rogue."  

I have personally learned and gained a lot from weekly martial arts training from other "rogues" as well as urban exploration and political protest attendance (for your own consideration what we've done is not affiliated with any party but any can be affiliated with)

It can change things for people who have wondered what it would be like to live outside of the normal box that most folks are limited by.

Long story short, I'm still kicking this around, but if I were to do it, it would consist of an ebook and possibly weekly updates.

If you're interested in what has already been done the current site is www.rstealth.webs.com

I am not soliciting ANYTHING at this time.  I just know this started for me when I played MMORPGS (DDO & WoW in particular)

Tell me what you would like to see if I were to put something like this together.  Tell me if this is something that people are needing.

I know when I started it was EXACTLY what I was needing.

Thanks in advance.

Comments

• renr06u3renr06u3 Member Posts: 3

If you need some sort of proof im legit,

you can MYDDO- Raiiu, Raissen, Raiphael, and Raiia on the Thelanis Server of DDO

Just because I'm out UEing constantly doesn't mean i dont still play. so please don't hate on this thread

Im just trying to make something out of nothing.

• StonesDKStonesDK Member UncommonPosts: 1,805
    I'm at a loss for words...
  • IlliusIllius Member UncommonPosts: 4,142
    Originally posted by Starpower

By the looks of it you managed to find at least 6...

No required quests! And if I decide I want to be an assassin-cartographer-dancer-pastry chef who lives only to stalk and kill interior decorators, then that's who I want to be, even if it takes me four years to max all the skills and everyone else thinks I'm freaking nuts. -Madimorga-

• frodusfrodus Member Posts: 2,396
    Originally posted by Illius
    Originally posted by Starpower

By the looks of it you managed to find at least 6...

LoL..

Trade in material assumptions for spiritual facts and make permanent progress.

• renr06u3renr06u3 Member Posts: 3

So seriously, what do you think?

This is something i take seriously! I've tried everything else i can think of to monetize my efforts.... 

everyone kept saying, what are you good at? what can you offer people?

Well, everything keeps coming back to this. I want to share it with people. so... ya know? 

Why no words?

This actually isn't nearly as crazy as you think; the rogue lifestyle currently incorporates-- Skateboarders, Freerunners, picket line protestors, urban explorers,  hackers, trolls the like. (YES i just said trolls- I am not one, [i actually urban explore a lot])

people are already doing it, we just added this look http://www.internationalhero.co.uk/s2/superhoodie1.jpg

• StonesDKStonesDK Member UncommonPosts: 1,805
    Originally posted by renr06u3

Why no words?

You are going to play dress'up and label yourself as a rogue. I suspect you are not getting any replies because people are too polite to write something

• CalmOceansCalmOceans Member UncommonPosts: 2,437
    I want to see some actual daggers and poison.
  • HazelleHazelle Member Posts: 760

Son, walking around in areas you shouldn't be wearing dark clothes with a large hunting knife is most likely going to get yourself or someone else hurt.

It's my experience that a restricted area is restricted for a reason, usually involving safety which requires proper personal protective equipment or knowledge of the area to survive or it's just a bunch of boring but expensive crap like a giant boiler or air conditioner.  Take it from me - I worked security for a few years and work in an industrial zone now.

Even something as harmless as entering a recently abandoned house can put you into direct contact with animal waste that can cause you all sorts of health problems.

Also, the "limited by" comment you made above is a funny thought - just because you choose to creep around in a dusty old warehouse doesn't make you any more unlimited than the people that opt against it for obvious reasons mostly those I've stated above.  Go meet up with friends or get my feet wet in a slimey sewer?  Play with my son in the park or go trespassing in a boring old condo's boiler room.  Spend a minute of my free time at my place of work without compensation?  No thanks!

You want to make money from getting behind the velvet rope of a no trespassing sign?  Get a super cool job like building maintenance , or security, or construction, or public works, or manufacturing - people will give you a decent wage to hang out in restricted areas until you've had you fill, except security, because it pays crap.

• IlliusIllius Member UncommonPosts: 4,142

Hazelle has a point.

There are quite a few places I have to work that require me to wear quite a bit of persona protective equipment.  A lot of those old buildings are laiden with Asbestos.  That stuff has been found to cause cancer in lungs once it's been disturbed and become airborn for someone to inhale.  I have to work in environments like this once in a while and I take tremendous amouts of effort to safeguard myself from dangerous or deadly environments.  On a similar note, animal fecal matter once it's been sitting around for a while and dried up can also become airborne and carry all manner of mold and bacteria on it that once again will pose health hazards to you and those with you.

Do yourself a vavor and find a job that will take you to all the places you want to go.  At least that way you'll have access to safety equipment or training and will gain experience that will help keep you relatively safe and you can get paid to do it. 

No required quests! And if I decide I want to be an assassin-cartographer-dancer-pastry chef who lives only to stalk and kill interior decorators, then that's who I want to be, even if it takes me four years to max all the skills and everyone else thinks I'm freaking nuts. -Madimorga-