Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Advice please: Naga or g600

ThrashbargThrashbarg Member Posts: 125

Just what the title says. Trying to decide between Razer Naga and Logitech g600 for playing GW2. I've seen some rather negative things about the quality of the Naga, how durable and reliable are they? I've seen some rather negative things about the performance of the g600, does it have performance issues regularly?

Looking for advice from people who own one or both and have played GW2.

GW2 will be my main (or only) MMO (dang GW2 effect....). I'm pretty balanced between PvP and PvE, so want it to work well under demanding conditions when necessary.

Comments

• XzenXzen Member UncommonPosts: 2,607
    Using the Naga. It's awesome.
  • st4t1ckst4t1ck Member UncommonPosts: 768
    i did see some bad reviews when i bought my naga, but i have had zero problems with it,  I love how i can set up my hot keys and such, wouldnt trade my naga for anything
  • Loke666Loke666 Member EpicPosts: 21,441

I personally prefer Logitech, they are almost indestructable but Razer ain´t bad.

I think you should try and see which one that fits your hand best, that is really important to us MMO players.

Myself, I use a Logitech Trackman since regular mice are slow and tend to hurt my wrist if I play a long time.

• ste2000ste2000 Member EpicPosts: 6,194
    Originally posted by Thrashbarg

Just what the title says. Trying to decide between Razer Naga and Logitech g600 for playing GW2. I've seen some rather negative things about the quality of the Naga, how durable and reliable are they? I've seen some rather negative things about the performance of the g600, does it have performance issues regularly?

Looking for advice from people who own one or both and have played GW2.

GW2 will be my main (or only) MMO (dang GW2 effect....). I'm pretty balanced between PvP and PvE, so want it to work well under demanding conditions when necessary.

I have a Naga for 2 years now, all the 16 buttons still work fine.

Excellent Mouse for MMOs, I cannot reccommand it enough

• PresbytierPresbytier Member UncommonPosts: 424
    I use the Naga and as long as you buy either the Naga Epic(wireless) or the Naga 2012(wired) you get several interchangeble parts that let you find a good fit for your hand.

"Never pay more than 20 bucks for a computer game."-Guybrush Threepwood
    "I hate to advocate drugs, alcohol, violence, or insanity to anyone, but they've always worked for me."-Hunter S. Thompson

• RoybeRoybe Member UncommonPosts: 420

My 2 cents: 

Would also suggest a look at the Nostromo by Razer (older ones by Belkin), then a mouse with just a few extra buttons should be decent.  I am a Razer-holic so the Naga would be a decent  mouse to add some extended functionality.  I have used Logitech mice in the past, but they didn't hold up to the abuse I put them through. 

• aejoriiaejorii Member Posts: 26

I've been using my Naga for a bit over a year and it is starting to double click on the left mouse button but it still functions fine. I have a Naga Hex as a back up (the one with 6 side buttons instead of 12) sitting on the shelf here whenever it happens to die on me.

I think the G600 has a grip button on the right side (where you rest your ring or pinky finger) so that may take a bit to get used to, or to take advantage of. If you grip your mouse hard, it may be a problem I guess? My friend has one so I'll ask him for his thoughts on it.

• dead2soondead2soon Member Posts: 149
    I have a g700 I wouldn't trade for anything. 
  • bleyzwunbleyzwun Member UncommonPosts: 1,087

I would personally get the G600.  I've had the Naga and the left click stopped functioning correctly.  It would constantly double click.  What happens is, the little leg under the mouse button (that clicks another button underneath everything) slowly degrades with each click, until it is out of shape.  This causes it to double click.  The same thing happened to my friend. 

I had another Razer mouse in the past and the same exact thing happened.  I will never buy another Razer mouse again.  Every Logitech mouse I've owned has lasted many years.  

I suggest reading up on the clicking issues with the Naga (and possibly Razer mice in general) and making your decision.  As I said before, if I had a choice between the 2, the G600 would be the one.

• ThrashbargThrashbarg Member Posts: 125
    Thanks for the replies, all. I'm going to see if I can find a store around here that carries both so I can see how they feel, since that is a major factor and pictures online just don't quite do the trick.

• keithiankeithian Member UncommonPosts: 3,191
    I've never had a gaming mouse where the buttons are on the mouse, but as I stated in a thread a couple of weeks ago, I want to get better at PVP  and Im also tired of staring at the keys (in PVE) and losing the beauty of the world when there are too many actions buttons. That is why I am so looking forward to this game. I did a lot of research over the last couple of weeks and I think I'm going to give the Logitech G600 a shot. I'm just debating if I should buy it now to test it if there is more than likely going to be more stress tests to get a feel for it, or just wait until release.

There Is Always Hope!

• biogermbiogerm Member UncommonPosts: 168

i am also getting a new mouse, after going over and over and over it i think i will get the 600.

the m90 was my 2nd choice but idk, to much not so good reviews about the way the keys are set up.

all and all the 600 seems to get good reviews so far and other then minor issues like the shift key+  m1 or m2 issue.

im just waiting for the white version to get in stock, my local store only have them black for now, so 2 more weeks til white... 

grr it will be after gw2 is out... :/ 

I 3930k -- Rampage IV Extreme -- G.skill RipjawsZ 32 GB -- Corsair Force Series 3 120gb -- G.skill Phoenix Pro 60gb -- WD 1 TB Black -- Corsair H 100 -- Thermaltake Level 10 Gt Snow Edition -- Corsair AX1200 -- Asus 560 Ti Sli -- Microsoft Sidewinder X4 -- Logitech G5 -- DELL UltraSharp 2007FP -- Samsung Syncmaster Sa700 -- Logitech Z2300 -- Logitech G35 -- Logitech G600 White -- coming soon : Dell U2711.

• mindw0rkmindw0rk Member UncommonPosts: 1,356
    If you want mouse that will serve for few monthes - go for Razer Naga. If you want mouse that will serve for many years - go for Logitech
  • TrionicusTrionicus Member UncommonPosts: 498
    Be a baller and buy both.
  • grimm6thgrimm6th Member Posts: 973
    I would go with the logitech because I find the shape of the mouse in general to be superior.

I used to TL;DR, but then I took a bullet point to the footnote.

• HoramHoram Member Posts: 16
    Originally posted by aejorii

I've been using my Naga for a bit over a year and it is starting to double click on the left mouse button but it still functions fine. I have a Naga Hex as a back up (the one with 6 side buttons instead of 12) sitting on the shelf here whenever it happens to die on me.

I think the G600 has a grip button on the right side (where you rest your ring or pinky finger) so that may take a bit to get used to, or to take advantage of. If you grip your mouse hard, it may be a problem I guess? My friend has one so I'll ask him for his thoughts on it.

My Naga had the same issue, double-clicking with the left button. After hearing/reading how often that happens, I'm done with their products and going back to Logitech which is the brand for pretty much for everything else I use for my PC and has never had issues over the years. The Naga didn't even last 8 months.

• messier647messier647 Member Posts: 13
    g600 all the way
  • JackdogJackdog Member UncommonPosts: 6,321
    Originally posted by Loke666

Myself, I use a Logitech Trackman since regular mice are slow and tend to hurt my wrist if I play a long time.

freind of mine turned me on to the trackman for MMO's / FPS's a couple of years back and I would never go back to a mouse now

I miss DAoC

• causscauss Member UncommonPosts: 666
    Are you looking for a mouse with lots of buttons? Otherwise I would kindly disagree with both choices and look at the Mionix Naos 5000.
  • MercAngelMercAngel Member Posts: 204

i got got a G600 and so far a love it.  comeing from a 2 button mouse took a bit to get use to the 3rd button i was trying to use it for right click.

• PresbytierPresbytier Member UncommonPosts: 424
    Originally posted by Thrashbarg
    Thanks for the replies, all. I'm going to see if I can find a store around here that carries both so I can see how they feel, since that is a major factor and pictures online just don't quite do the trick.

I do not know about the G600 but Bestbuy carries the Naga.

"Never pay more than 20 bucks for a computer game."-Guybrush Threepwood
    "I hate to advocate drugs, alcohol, violence, or insanity to anyone, but they've always worked for me."-Hunter S. Thompson

• i'm on my second naga now. had the same double clicking issues that others were seeing. left would double click, and the right would just randomly release when i was holding it down. the naga also feels pretty small in my hands. not sure how the 600 feels, but it looks a lot bigger from the videos i've seen.

i'll be going wireless soon and feel a lil depressed about it. i'll go with a naga epic, but ONLY because the 600 isn't available in a wireless version yet (from what i've seen).

and yes people.. we get this type of mouse for the extra right handed buttons.

i also run a G13 and found it a bit more friendly then the nestromo.

• doragon86doragon86 Member UncommonPosts: 589
    The quality of the Razer Naga is lacking. I went through two of them, and gave up buying them. I got the g600 and have found its quality to be excellent as usual when it comes to logitech products. I will say this however. If you have small hands, the razer naga well fit better in your hands than the g600. However, if you have large hands, the g600 is the way to go. Honestly though I think any mouse will do. I'll be using my g700 in GW2 in combination with my razer nostromo. GW2 doesn't have some many skills to warrant me using both my nostromo and the g600. 

"For the Angel of Death spread his wings on the blast,
    And breathed in the face of the foe as he passed:
    And the eyes of the sleepers waxed deadly and chill,
    And their hearts but once heaved, and for ever grew still!"
    ~Lord George Gordon Byron

• Originally posted by doragon86
    The quality of the Razer Naga is lacking. I went through two of them, and gave up buying them. I got the g600 and have found its quality to be excellent as usual when it comes to logitech products. I will say this however. If you have small hands, the razer naga well fit better in your hands than the g600. However, if you have large hands, the g600 is the way to go. 

was there any transition time between the naga and the 600? would think the change up would be instant minus that new pinky.