Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

A question about zone walls.

ArkainArkain Member UncommonPosts: 491

Is the moving through a zone wall still there?, do you still notice it, or is it seemless?

Comments

• nolic1nolic1 Member UncommonPosts: 716
    Its not semless it locks you in place for a few seconds and then you can move on to where ever in that cube but next line same thing one big grip I had at launch.

Sherman's Gaming

Youtube Content creator for The Elder Scrolls Online

Channel:http://https//www.youtube.com/channel/UCrgYNgpFTRAl4XWz31o2emw

• AmjocoAmjoco Member UncommonPosts: 4,860
    I played this morning. If you are talking about stopping and feeling like you are just about to be d/c, then yes, the walls are still there. The game is so huge that this is probably a good thing though! 

Death is nothing to us, since when we are, Death has not come, and when death has come, we are not.

• ArkainArkain Member UncommonPosts: 491
    Ok, thank you

• CalerxesCalerxes Member UncommonPosts: 1,641
    Originally posted by Amjoco
    I played this morning. If you are talking about stopping and feeling like you are just about to be d/c, then yes, the walls are still there. The game is so huge that this is probably a good thing though! 

The chunking tech used it brilliant if they can refine it for EQ3 the world would seem seemless but be actually zoned how cool is that, Vanguard nearly got it right.

This doom and gloom thread was brought to you by Chin Up™ the new ultra high caffeine soft drink for gamers who just need that boost of happiness after a long forum session.

• William12William12 Member Posts: 680
    It's not like EQ style zoning if you're running from something and you cross a chunk it will follow right through with you.
  • audiophilusaudiophilus Member Posts: 6
    Originally posted by Calerxes

The chunking tech used it brilliant if they can refine it for EQ3 the world would seem seemless but be actually zoned how cool is that, Vanguard nearly got it right.

EQOA was even better. The only way you could even notice that there were zones was that the species of mobs changed abruptly across tiles. I'll never understand why they went backwards from EQOA to EQII. There were so many improvements to EQ1 that they totally discarded when making EQII.

• William12William12 Member Posts: 680
    Originally posted by audiophilus
    Originally posted by Calerxes

EQOA was even better. The only way you could even notice that there were zones was that the species of mobs changed abruptly across tiles. I'll never understand why they went backwards from EQOA to EQII. There were so many improvements to EQ1 that they totally discarded when making EQII.

Technology and game engine #1 reasons.    If EQ2 or even Vanguard were remade today both games would better except Vanguard would cost way more to develop the game is huge and the dungeons are insanley huge.