Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

AOC>TSW?

Why is it that I bought the secret world. I did enjoy the setting and story but combat was crap along with pvp, graphics, animations etc which were all very lacking as well. So like any normal person I ended my sub bc this game was not for me plus GW2 is coming right around the corner. But as I was strolling along on the Internet I came across AOC unchained. Why not dl it? Had nothing to do, and then it hit me after playing the game. Why is the combat, graphics, animations, charachter customization, sense of immersion and every other aspect of an mmo much better then TSW? Why pay a monthly for TSW and a box price instead of just playing AOC!? For those on the fence of TSW that's a tip for you. Wish I knew it before dropping the 50 so bucks. NOTE:I am not trolling anybody who is currently playing TSW game was better then the most lately

Comments

• TheocritusTheocritus Member LegendaryPosts: 9,739
          I actually thought Anarchy Online was the best of Funcom's games, but its more of an old school game.
  • tank017tank017 Member Posts: 2,192

Anarchy Online was great

the piles of bugs and lag made the game unbearable though..

I'd say The Secret World is Funcom's best effort yet.

• ForeverdreamForeverdream Member UncommonPosts: 141

Aoc is by far the better game, shame!

I only play tsw becasue more people play it than aoc...

• Bl4ck3nDBl4ck3nD Member UncommonPosts: 114
    I loved the combat in AoC and it had a lot going for it, never tried TSW but from what I hear the combat was no where near as engaging.
  • retye50retye50 Member UncommonPosts: 50
    Just another I hate TSW thread, nothing see here folks. Move along!!
  • BjelarBjelar Member UncommonPosts: 398
    Originally posted by FringeFanBoi
    Why is it that I bought the secret world. I did enjoy the setting and story but combat was crap along with pvp, graphics, animations etc which were all very lacking as well. So like any normal person I ended my sub bc this game was not for me plus GW2 is coming right around the corner. But as I was strolling along on the Internet I came across AOC unchained. Why not dl it? Had nothing to do, and then it hit me after playing the game. Why is the combat, graphics, animations, charachter customization, sense of immersion and every other aspect of an mmo much better then TSW? Why pay a monthly for TSW and a box price instead of just playing AOC!? For those on the fence of TSW that's a tip for you. Wish I knew it before dropping the 50 so bucks. NOTE:I am not trolling anybody who is currently playing TSW game was better then the most lately

I've played both AoC and TSW since launch, and they are very very different games. Even though I like both of them, I can easily see that they are made to please different types of people -I don't think they want to be in direct competition with themselves.

My guess would be that the vast majority of people will find one of them to be much superior to the other. Actually, come to think of it, I'm probably slightly more of a TSW guy myself, but I enjoy both.

• FringeFanBoiFringeFanBoi Member Posts: 32
    Originally posted by retye50
    Just another I hate TSW thread, nothing see here folks. Move along!!

Not a Tsw hate thread. I've bought the game and played it   Just an opinion from what I've experienced actually playing the game. Game has its ups and downs. But in seriousness. AOC in almost every feature out performs TSW by a long shot. Just trying to tell people before purchasing my input. 

• FringeFanBoiFringeFanBoi Member Posts: 32
    Originally posted by Bjelar
    Originally posted by FringeFanBoi

I've played both AoC and TSW since launch, and they are very very different games. Even though I like both of them, I can easily see that they are made to please different types of people -I don't think they want to be in direct competition with themselves.

My guess would be that the vast majority of people will find one of them to be much superior to the other. Actually, come to think of it, I'm probably slightly more of a TSW guy myself, but I enjoy both.

If TSW had AOC graphics and combat while still in the horror genre like it is we would be talkin about a very solid game.  But for meI got tired of smashing one button in TSW and playing broken unbalanced pvp :/