Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

1 out 5 people polled on this site feel TSW is the best mmo of the past 7 years.

Comments

• LoktofeitLoktofeit Member RarePosts: 14,247
    Originally posted by Gravarg
    Originally posted by Loktofeit
    Originally posted by Presbytier
    Originally posted by ace80k
    Originally posted by Vrika

In other news, 59% of people polled on this website would buy Vanguard: Saga of Heroes http://www.mmorpg.com/discussion2.cfm/post/1206584#1206584

TSW still has a lot to got to reach the unprecedented popularity of Vanguard?

Perfect example of short term memory ever in the history of mankind. I mean seriously who in their right mind would even look at a SOE MMO anymore.

I thought EA was the most hated MMO publisher these days? With all the forum whiners, I guess, technically, you can add them all to the list. But back to the topic of Soe, have you seen the latest Planetside 2 beta footage? I'm going to assume not.

I have and it does look awsome, but i whince everytime I see the SOE logo pop up. I will be playing a wait and see game with that one.

Get over whatever petty issue (probably a decade old at this point) you have with SOE and you'll enjoy the game a lot more.

Well the difference between SOE and other developers is that the other "hated" developers have only ruined one or two games...SOE has done it to EVERY game they've touched, and they've been doing it alot longer than anyone else lol.

Sounds like you never heard of a little outfit called "Electronic Arts."

There isn't a "right" or "wrong" way to play, if you want to use a screwdriver to put nails into wood, have at it, simply don't complain when the guy next to you with the hammer is doing it much better and easier. - Allein
    "Graphics are often supplied by Engines that (some) MMORPG's are built in" - Spuffyre

• RazeeksterRazeekster Member UncommonPosts: 2,591
    Originally posted by itsbigmike
    pretty sure theres a lot more than 300 people on this site, so basically that poll was so obscure(being on the TSW forums) that no one except the people that like the game voted, biased much?

And it's still only 1 out of 5... That means most of the people that play TSW don't even think it's the best game.

Smile

• lifeordinarylifeordinary Member Posts: 646
    Originally posted by Gravarg
    Originally posted by Loktofeit
    Originally posted by ace80k
    Originally posted by Vrika

In other news, 59% of people polled on this website would buy Vanguard: Saga of Heroes http://www.mmorpg.com/discussion2.cfm/post/1206584#1206584

TSW still has a lot to got to reach the unprecedented popularity of Vanguard?

Perfect example of short term memory ever in the history of mankind. I mean seriously who in their right mind would even look at a SOE MMO anymore.

I thought EA was the most hated MMO publisher these days? With all the forum whiners, I guess, technically, you can add them all to the list. But back to the topic of Soe, have you seen the latest Planetside 2 beta footage? I'm going to assume not.

I have and it does look awsome, but i whince everytime I see the SOE logo pop up. I will be playing a wait and see game with that one.

Get over whatever petty issue (probably a decade old at this point) you have with SOE and you'll enjoy the game a lot more.

Well the difference between SOE and other developers is that the other "hated" developers have only ruined one or two games...SOE has done it to EVERY game they've touched, and they've been doing it alot longer than anyone else lol.

EQ2 in my opinion is still one of the best MMOS today, Vanguard was ruined even before SOE got hands on it. All they did was kept it floating. They didn't ruin it. EQ is stilll going pretty strong.

PS was an amazing MMO and PS2 looks even better. DCUO is the best superhero MMO i played since City of heroes.....

So that narrows it down to SWG. Ok i see where all the hate is coming from.. lol

• BeansnBreadBeansnBread Member EpicPosts: 7,254

I know this is just a minor detail, but the number in your title is off a bit.

1 in 5 is 20%

1 in 6 is ~16.7%

1 in 6 is much closer to the fraction that you should be using in your title and your argument. 

~ 16.8% of people ( ~53 out of 315) polled on the TSW forums feel like there is no better MMORPG released since 2005.

• KuppaKuppa Member UncommonPosts: 3,292
    I admire your resilience. But its getting a bit too desperate.

• neobahamut20neobahamut20 Member Posts: 336

The problem with Funcom, is that they will ban you for nothing, try to steal from you, and unless you glorify them as much as possible, pay to have you silenced. Even on this board.

The problem with EA is that they will ruin this game, i mean, they failed with SW:ToR... how can you fail with Star Wars, then again, some company failed with Star Trek. Oh, they will also pay to have you silenced, they have shills, paid shills all over the place spamming marketting crap on every single gaming board (they fired a SWTOR one who posted all she did for the people of that board - revealing all her spam... ok most of us knew it was marketting, but some retards really bought into it)

[mod edit]

Anyways, where I'm getting to, is that you vote with your wallet. If a company screws other gamers, do you still buy their game? Would you let a rapist live with your family just because he too was raped as a child? Would you buy a product knowing it was made by exploiting children, like Nike shoes? Even if this is the best MMO ever, supporting such companies is something I choose not to do. I am the change I want to see in consumer habits.

Boycotting EA. Why? They suck, even moreso since 2008.

• LoktofeitLoktofeit Member RarePosts: 14,247
    Originally posted by lifeordinary

EQ2 in my opinion is still one of the best MMOS today, Vanguard was ruined even before SOE got hands on it. All they did was kept it floating. They didn't ruin it. EQ is stilll going pretty strong.

PS was an amazing MMO and PS2 looks even better. DCUO is the best superhero MMO i played since City of heroes.....

So that narrows it down to SWG. Ok i see where all the hate is coming from.. lol

Exactly. And the funniest part of that is that the NGE wasn't even SOE's call.

There isn't a "right" or "wrong" way to play, if you want to use a screwdriver to put nails into wood, have at it, simply don't complain when the guy next to you with the hammer is doing it much better and easier. - Allein
    "Graphics are often supplied by Engines that (some) MMORPG's are built in" - Spuffyre

• PresbytierPresbytier Member UncommonPosts: 424
    Originally posted by neobahamut20

The problem with Funcom, is that they will ban you for nothing, try to steal from you, and unless you glorify them as much as possible, pay to have you silenced. Even on this board.

The problem with EA is that they will ruin this game, i mean, they failed with SW:ToR... how can you fail with Star Wars, then again, some company failed with Star Trek. Oh, they will also pay to have you silenced, they have shills, paid shills all over the place spamming marketting crap on every single gaming board (they fired a SWTOR one who posted all she did for the people of that board - revealing all her spam... ok most of us knew it was marketting, but some retards really bought into it)

[mod edit]

Anyways, where I'm getting to, is that you vote with your wallet. If a company screws other gamers, do you still buy their game? Would you let a rapist live with your family just because he too was raped as a child? Would you buy a product knowing it was made by exploiting children, like Nike shoes? Even if this is the best MMO ever, supporting such companies is something I choose not to do. I am the change I want to see in consumer habits.

EA is just the publisher and has no direct control over TSW; also as a small point of contention i would argue the only reason SW:TOR has done so porrly as of late was EA thinking the sub model was alive and well.

"Never pay more than 20 bucks for a computer game."-Guybrush Threepwood
    "I hate to advocate drugs, alcohol, violence, or insanity to anyone, but they've always worked for me."-Hunter S. Thompson

• MaitraderMaitrader Member UncommonPosts: 389
    Originally posted by Aerowyn
    Originally posted by bcbully
    if you really like the game and want to try to bring in new people try putting together something like whats in my sig. What you are doing is actually counter productive.

Imagine if I would have just listened to you about the game. I stand by my opinion that I had when I first look at one of your TSW post.

With all due respect IMO Aerowyn you played the mole better than I've ever seen it done. 

not sure what that means since in most cases I have spoken very highly of this game. Critical but positive. Don't see any problems with that

oh and I'm just trying to help you promote a game you enjoy... but like I said before your approach on it is very counter productive

I agree with BC :) watched your posts for quite some time, and mole is very accurate. I can tell your educated and know your politics. Doesn't mean I dont like you, just ... well .. your a mole. lol

• AerowynAerowyn Member Posts: 7,928
    Originally posted by Maitrader
    if you really like the game and want to try to bring in new people try putting together something like whats in my sig. What you are doing is actually counter productive.

Imagine if I would have just listened to you about the game. I stand by my opinion that I had when I first look at one of your TSW post.

With all due respect IMO Aerowyn you played the mole better than I've ever seen it done. 

not sure what that means since in most cases I have spoken very highly of this game. Critical but positive. Don't see any problems with that

oh and I'm just trying to help you promote a game you enjoy... but like I said before your approach on it is very counter productive

I agree with BC :) watched your posts for quite some time, and mole is very accurate. I can tell your educated and know your politics. Doesn't mean I dont like you, just ... well .. your a mole. lol

how am I a mole? because I enjoy GW2 more than TSW? I bought TSW and play it right now but doesn't change the fact I enjoy GW2 more.. If you go back and look at my posts prior to TSW launch I was very favorible about the game overall with some complaints.  You can go back further and see before I got to spend a good amount of time in the beta weekends for GW2 I pretty much stayed away from the GW2 forums. i feel you shouldn't be giving hard opinions on any game until you at least spent some time playing it. I don't go around making assmuptions and false conclusions on games I never played.

I angered the clerk in a clothing shop today. She asked me what size I was and I said actual, because I am not to scale. I like vending machines 'cause snacks are better when they fall. If I buy a candy bar at a store, oftentimes, I will drop it... so that it achieves its maximum flavor potential. --Mitch Hedberg

• Spartan212Spartan212 Member Posts: 55
    16% clicked the wrong button when voting

being a mole isnt a bad thing!!! Moles are good!!! here check this out, this will help remind you!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QEExYuRelbg&playnext=1&list=PL75F85DA54304497F&feature=results_main

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mvxe04wGmTw

being a mole isnt a bad thing!!! Moles are good!!! here check this out, this will help remind you!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QEExYuRelbg&playnext=1&list=PL75F85DA54304497F&feature=results_main

love me some austin powers!!! still doesn't answer my post or explain how I'm a mole

I angered the clerk in a clothing shop today. She asked me what size I was and I said actual, because I am not to scale. I like vending machines 'cause snacks are better when they fall. If I buy a candy bar at a store, oftentimes, I will drop it... so that it achieves its maximum flavor potential. --Mitch Hedberg

love me some austin powers!!! still doesn't answer my post or explain how I'm a mole

BC, explain to him why you think hes a mole?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=296bGnCsRJo

• sumdumguy1sumdumguy1 Member RarePosts: 1,373
    Moley, moley, moley.  Sorry couldn't resist.  All kidding aside, I don't see how Aerowyn can be considered a mole.  Just giving your opinion and being honest should not be considered wrong.  No matter how much anyone likes a game, its never going to  be perfect.  All the GW2 fanatics out there will probably admit  an aspect of the game they would like to be different  in GW2. 
  • waynejr2waynejr2 Member EpicPosts: 7,769
    Originally posted by Sebber
    [mod edit]

Someone has to sift through the shit. 

So the current 17% vs the many who have listed many many games.

Take 17%/many games, the number gets really small.

You lost.

http://www.youhaventlived.com/qblog/2010/QBlog190810A.html  

Epic Music:   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vAigCvelkhQ&list=PLo9FRw1AkDuQLEz7Gvvaz3ideB2NpFtT1

https://archive.org/details/softwarelibrary_msdos?&sort=-downloads&page=1

Kyleran:  "Now there's the real trick, learning to accept and enjoy a game for what it offers rather than pass on what might be a great playing experience because it lacks a few features you prefer."

John Henry Newman: "A man would do nothing if he waited until he could do it so well that no one could find fault."

FreddyNoNose:  "A good game needs no defense; a bad game has no defense." "Easily digested content is just as easily forgotten."

LacedOpium: "So the question that begs to be asked is, if you are not interested in the game mechanics that define the MMORPG genre, then why are you playing an MMORPG?"

Originally posted by sumdumguy1
    Moley, moley, moley.  Sorry couldn't resist.  All kidding aside, I don't see how Aerowyn can be considered a mole.  Just giving your opinion and being honest should not be considered wrong.  No matter how much anyone likes a game, its never going to  be perfect.  All the GW2 fanatics out there will probably admit  an aspect of the game they would like to be different  in GW2. 

very true I could write a page of things I wish they changed or improved. Thing is to me the positives far outweigh the negatives in this case. Many games in the past I have played including TSW have some great things going for them but also some glaring issues that in many cases outweigh the positive aspects for me.

• ZylaxxZylaxx Member Posts: 2,574

YUP and driving away would be fans.

As a fan of TSW leveling, questing and classless based skill deck system I think the game is awesome, but as arguably the worst PvP themepark game to date and stale, boring, bland and elitist PvE endgame the game has no lasting appeal.

Funcom should of spent just as much innovation at endgame as they did on the level up game.

Everything you need to know about Elder Scrolls Online

Playing: GW2
    Waiting on: TESO
    Next Flop: Planetside 2
    Best MMO of all time: Asheron's Call - The first company to recreate AC will be the next greatest MMO.

• cronius77cronius77 Member UncommonPosts: 1,652
    I see BC is still trying to get on the payroll at funcom today. 1 out of 5 on this site is not good you can roll the numbers how you wish. That just means every 5 people that try it 1 stays and the rest come on mmorpg.com like myself and bash it for being boring. Then on top of that you are calling out someone on this site that was giving you constructive ideas to help you , turning around calling them a mole? Man seriously you and bigrock are something else on this game , you gotta be working for funcom or something , Ive never seen such dedicatation to a mediocre title before.
  • RaysheRayshe Member UncommonPosts: 1,279

Personaly i think his results would have been better if he used the word Themepark.

instead he went general and gave way too much competition from people who generally hate themepark games. Personally i enjoy the game but i wont compare it to a sandbox, Sandbox games deserve their own Genre not to be lumped into the Multiplayer-Singleplayer and MMO groups.

Because i can.
    I'm Hopeful For Every Game, Until the Fan Boys Attack My Games. Then the Knives Come Out.
    Logic every gamers worst enemy.

I really dont understand why theres a poll for this ... this page is a waste of time, however the mole comment was hilarious and had to take BCB on that one.. It gave me a chance to laugh hard ONCE AGAIN at the Mole  in Austin Powers ;) Thanks BCB!

Anyways, TSW is a great game that needs tons more content. GW2 is a great game that needs tons more content too as it will have more or less the same span of content for launch as TSW.

Will I own both without a sub? yes. Will I choose one over the other? No. The (AO) has a strong core of PVE'rs and PVP'rs, and the PVP'rs will be following my lead into GW2 to establish PVP heavy division whereas my PVP'rs will be staying within TSW to continue achieving within it... So... my foot will be in both games.

In all honesty, both are great games.. whats not a great game is going to be games like TESO, AA, and REPOP... anyways, MOLEY MOLEY MOLEY MOLEYYYYY!

Originally posted by Zylaxx

YUP and driving away would be fans.

As a fan of TSW leveling, questing and classless based skill deck system I think the game is awesome, but as arguably the worst PvP themepark game to date and stale, boring, bland and elitist PvE endgame the game has no lasting appeal.

Funcom should of spent just as much innovation at endgame as they did on the level up game.

^This, the PVP is pathetic... which is why I am setting up a foundation for my core PVP group in GW2.

• GrimfargoGrimfargo Member UncommonPosts: 59

Bottomline of this poll result, TSW sucks big time.

I wont play it after my free month has ended.

• RaysheRayshe Member UncommonPosts: 1,279
    im excited to see what they do with PvP. they have already come out and said the plan on expanding it.

Because i can.
    I'm Hopeful For Every Game, Until the Fan Boys Attack My Games. Then the Knives Come Out.
    Logic every gamers worst enemy.

• cronius77cronius77 Member UncommonPosts: 1,652
    i seriously cannot wait til the 25th -28th when GW2 does launch so we can finally put to rest all this excessive nonsense in these forums about the two games and which is better. Numbers will speak and server population in the end not some failed logic here.
This discussion has been closed.