Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

1 out 5 people polled on this site feel TSW is the best mmo of the past 7 years.

Comments

• JakdstripperJakdstripper Member RarePosts: 2,410

personaly i watched some Youtube clips, saw the art style, saw the combat, saw the animation, saw some of the storylines, watched some pvp......didn't like any of it.

not gonna spend any mony on this one.  

• BadSpockBadSpock Member UncommonPosts: 7,979
    17% of people can't be wrong right? Lol
  • hundejahrehundejahre Member Posts: 339

Originally posted by bcbully
    Originally posted by Sebber This is getting pathetic..... You are trying so hard.
    Someone has to sift through the shit. 

Make sure you wash your hands when you are done.

Also, 17% isn't 1 out of 5, it's MUCH closer to 1 out of 6. More than 17% of Americans don't know what war we won our independence from Great Britain in, what side of the country the Atlantic and Pacific oceans are on, that the Sun and not the Earth is the center of our solar system, etc.

The only people who brag about 17% are politicians in 3rd world countries in which 12 people are running in an election for one seat.

• PresbytierPresbytier Member UncommonPosts: 424
    I am going to start off by saying that I think TSW is one of the most unique and interesting MMORPGs to have come out in some time. A lot of care and attention went into the setting and background of TSW's world. There is a lot to like about TSW: an innovative skill system, fast combat, some really interseting lore, and great investigative missions. However TSW is a bug riddled mess and none of its ideas are greatley executed. In fact TSW suffers from serious memory leak problems for anyone who uses a 32bit operating system(which they advertise as being usable), and Funcom's answer to those people is buy a 64bit OS and more RAM. Also the Skill tree can just bee a bit too complicated for many people(I personally don"t believwe it is, but I can see why some take issue with it). The games animations and Characters are just plain horrendous, and the PvP well we won"t even get into that.

"Never pay more than 20 bucks for a computer game."-Guybrush Threepwood
    "I hate to advocate drugs, alcohol, violence, or insanity to anyone, but they've always worked for me."-Hunter S. Thompson

• VrikaVrika Member LegendaryPosts: 7,888

In other news, 59% of people polled on this website would buy Vanguard: Saga of Heroes http://www.mmorpg.com/discussion2.cfm/post/1206584#1206584

TSW still has a lot to got to reach the unprecedented popularity of Vanguard?

Originally posted by Vrika

In other news, 59% of people polled on this website would buy Vanguard: Saga of Heroes http://www.mmorpg.com/discussion2.cfm/post/1206584#1206584

Perfect example of short term memory ever in the history of mankind. I mean seriously who in their right mind would even look at a SOE MMO anymore.

"I hate to advocate drugs, alcohol, violence, or insanity to anyone, but they've always worked for me."-Hunter S. Thompson

• hundejahrehundejahre Member Posts: 339

In other news, 59% of people polled on this website would buy Vanguard: Saga of Heroes http://www.mmorpg.com/discussion2.cfm/post/1206584#1206584TSW still has a lot to got to reach the unprecedented popularity of Vanguard? 

Oh, that made me laugh. =)

• FuryVFuryV Member UncommonPosts: 515
    Originally posted by Aerowyn
    if you really like the game and want to try to bring in new people try putting together something like whats in my sig. What you are doing is actually counter productive.

Stop advertising your sig constantly, Jesus Christ.

• AerowynAerowyn Member Posts: 7,928
    Originally posted by FuryV
    Originally posted by Aerowyn
    if you really like the game and want to try to bring in new people try putting together something like whats in my sig. What you are doing is actually counter productive.

Stop advertising your sig constantly, Jesus Christ.

just trying to help a person promote the game he likes(and i like as well) instead of what he is doing which is not helping.. sorry if that offends you

I angered the clerk in a clothing shop today. She asked me what size I was and I said actual, because I am not to scale. I like vending machines 'cause snacks are better when they fall. If I buy a candy bar at a store, oftentimes, I will drop it... so that it achieves its maximum flavor potential. --Mitch Hedberg

• ace80kace80k Member UncommonPosts: 151
    Originally posted by Presbytier

Perfect example of short term memory ever in the history of mankind. I mean seriously who in their right mind would even look at a SOE MMO anymore.

I thought EA was the most hated MMO publisher these days? With all the forum whiners, I guess, technically, you can add them all to the list. But back to the topic of Soe, have you seen the latest Planetside 2 beta footage? I'm going to assume not.

• stragen001stragen001 Member UncommonPosts: 1,720

Actually...

17% of the people that decided to answer that particular poll think TSW is the best mmo of the past 7 years.

That means that 83% of the people that decided to answer that particular poll think it IS NOT the best mmo of the pas 7 years.

Given the fact that the poll was posted in the TSW forums, and a large percentage of TSW fanboys compared to non fanboys would have answered, its not looking good.....

Cluck Cluck, Gibber Gibber, My Old Mans A Mushroom

• PhryPhry Member LegendaryPosts: 11,004
    8 out of 10 cats say they are fed up with their owners buying cheap catfood..  image
  • DaezAsterDaezAster Member UncommonPosts: 788
    Let bcbully have some fun. They should throw you a free lifetime sub for all the hard work you've put in in my opinion. ;)
  • AlBQuirkyAlBQuirky Member EpicPosts: 7,432

30 Helens Agree
    I guess everyone has an opinion :)

I would say that most people here have done their research and made up their minds. Some like the game and you are preaching to the choir. Some don't like the game and nothing you say, fact or opinion, will change their minds. Some don't care either way.

- Al

Personally the only modern MMORPG trend that annoys me is the idea that MMOs need to be designed in a way to attract people who don't actually like MMOs. Which to me makes about as much sense as someone trying to figure out a way to get vegetarians to eat at their steakhouse.
    - FARGIN_WAR

Originally posted by ace80k

I thought EA was the most hated MMO publisher these days? With all the forum whiners, I guess, technically, you can add them all to the list. But back to the topic of Soe, have you seen the latest Planetside 2 beta footage? I'm going to assume not.

I have and it does look awsome, but i whince everytime I see the SOE logo pop up. I will be playing a wait and see game with that one.

• lifeordinarylifeordinary Member Posts: 646

For those who never played TSW before let me tell you one thing very honestly...TSW is one hell of a tricky game..how?

When you play the game it gives out such a unique vibe through the setting and  atmosphere. Modern world day settings are a big plus too. Quests are amazing nothing like you have experinced before. A lot of skills to experiment with. It really feels different till...

You reach the end game and FC drops you onto the hamster wheel of purple gear grind. Suddenly a MMO that felt so unique while leveling starts to feel like your trypical dungeon grinder where gear overtakes the skill and same goes for PVP.

So when players are leveling up they would rate it 8 maybe 9 or even 10. My score was 8 which was changed to 6 once i realised that this is the same end game design i have begun to despise since days of WOW.

And i bet more and more people will realise this in coming months and you will see drop in ratings. TSW is great game while leveling up no denying that however end game is a different story.

• RazeeksterRazeekster Member UncommonPosts: 2,591

This is just sad... This is the guy from a previous article, where many people told him he was wrong and he just couldn't handle it. Something to do with marketing.

Edit: Found the url: http://www.mmorpg.com/discussion2.cfm/thread/359904/page/4

Smile

• warmaster670warmaster670 Member Posts: 1,384

since when do votes in a thread count as the entire mmorpg.com userbase? [mod edit]

Apparently stating the truth in my sig is "trolling"
    Sig typo fixed thanks to an observant stragen001.

• ZigZagsZigZags Member UncommonPosts: 381

I have and it does look awsome, but i whince everytime I see the SOE logo pop up. I will be playing a wait and see game with that one.

^This....SOE is the next one on my boycott list they have 1 more strike left in my rulebook.

Dragnon - Guildmaster - Albion Central Bank in Albion Online

www.albioncentralbank.enjin.com

• LoktofeitLoktofeit Member RarePosts: 14,247

http://www.mmorpg.com/discussion2.cfm/thread/360200/Since-2005-till-today-on-this-list-is-there-a-MMORPG-better-than-TSW.html

As the poll taken yesterday shows. 17% of MMMORPG.com users fell that TSW is the best game since WoW.  This is nothing to sneeze at.  

MMORPG.com User rating (500 ratings) of 8.7

Metacritic User rating (1000 ratings) of 8.4  

Low 1st month sales of TSW screams marketing issue. The game is without question solid, some people believe it's the best mmorpg since WoW.

Bottom line is, If you are on the fence, odds are you wont be dissapointed. TSW might even be the best mmo you've played since WoW.

1 out of 5 posters on the TSW forum feel that TSW is the best game since WOW. That's abysmal, bcbully.

Nice try, though!

There isn't a "right" or "wrong" way to play, if you want to use a screwdriver to put nails into wood, have at it, simply don't complain when the guy next to you with the hammer is doing it much better and easier. - Allein
    "Graphics are often supplied by Engines that (some) MMORPG's are built in" - Spuffyre

• itsbigmikeitsbigmike Member Posts: 86
    pretty sure theres a lot more than 300 people on this site, so basically that poll was so obscure(being on the TSW forums) that no one except the people that like the game voted, biased much?

twitch.tv/boonmackle

• DerpybirdDerpybird Member Posts: 991

As the poll taken yesterday shows. 17% of MMMORPG.com users fell that TSW is the best game since WoW.  This is nothing to sneeze at.  

It is not 17% of MMORPG users, it is 17% of the people who answered a poll on the TSW forums of MMORPG, which is a big difference.

If you turn the data around, one could also state:

83% of the participants on the TSW forums of MMORPG.com feel that TSW is not as good as other MMOs released since WoW.

"Loading screens" are not "instances".
    Your personal efforts to troll any game will not, in fact, impact the success or failure of said game.

• LoktofeitLoktofeit Member RarePosts: 14,247

Get over whatever issue (probably a decade old at this point) you have with SOE and you'll enjoy the game a lot more.

There isn't a "right" or "wrong" way to play, if you want to use a screwdriver to put nails into wood, have at it, simply don't complain when the guy next to you with the hammer is doing it much better and easier. - Allein
    "Graphics are often supplied by Engines that (some) MMORPG's are built in" - Spuffyre

• majimaji Member UncommonPosts: 2,091

a) 17% is closer to "1 out of 6 people" rather than "1 out of 5 people"

b) 17% of the people who participated in that poll thought so. Not 17% of the people on this site, or of the people interested in MMORPGs, or whatever.

c) it's a game, so unless a game offers insane amounts of huge new stuff, like terraforming, influencable weather, housing anywhere, creating new items from scratch with an item builder, having players create their own races or whatnot, it can't be"the best mmorpg of the past 7 years". It will be, in the best case, simply one of several dozen good MMORPGs. And which one everyone likes is a personal optinion.

d) and I'm personally sick of the boring tab target combat system

e) not to mention that I wouldn't call a game, that basically launches with a subscription AND a buy price AND a cash shop awesome.

Let's play Fallen Earth (blind, 300 episodes)

Let's play Guild Wars 2 (blind, 45 episodes)

• GravargGravarg Member UncommonPosts: 3,424
    Originally posted by Loktofeit

Get over whatever petty issue (probably a decade old at this point) you have with SOE and you'll enjoy the game a lot more.

Well the difference between SOE and other developers is that the other "hated" developers have only ruined one or two games...SOE has done it to EVERY game they've touched, and they've been doing it alot longer than anyone else lol.

This discussion has been closed.