Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

1 out 5 people polled on this site feel TSW is the best mmo of the past 7 years.

bcbullybcbully Member EpicPosts: 11,838

http://www.mmorpg.com/discussion2.cfm/thread/360200/Since-2005-till-today-on-this-list-is-there-a-MMORPG-better-than-TSW.html

As the poll taken yesterday shows. 17% of MMMORPG.com users fell that TSW is the best game since WoW.  This is nothing to sneeze at.  

MMORPG.com User rating (500 ratings) of 8.7

Metacritic User rating (1000 ratings) of 8.4  

Low 1st month sales of TSW screams marketing issue. The game is without question solid, some people believe it's the best mmorpg since WoW. 

Bottom line is, If you are on the fence, odds are you wont be dissapointed. TSW might even be the best mmo you've played since WoW.

"We see fundamentals and we ape in"

Comments

• bcbullybcbully Member EpicPosts: 11,838
    Originally posted by Sebber
    [mod edit]

Someone has to sift through the shit. 

• AerowynAerowyn Member Posts: 7,928
    if you really like the game and want to try to bring in new people try putting together something like whats in my sig. What you are doing is actually counter productive.

I angered the clerk in a clothing shop today. She asked me what size I was and I said actual, because I am not to scale. I like vending machines 'cause snacks are better when they fall. If I buy a candy bar at a store, oftentimes, I will drop it... so that it achieves its maximum flavor potential. --Mitch Hedberg

• CacaphonyCacaphony Member Posts: 738

How can you possibly say this? Shouldn't it be 1 out of 5 that were surveyed/polled? There is a big difference between 1 out of 5 of who voted and one out of 5 MMORPG.com users.

• grimalgrimal Member UncommonPosts: 2,935
    You LOVE the game, we get it.  But shoving it down people's throats is going to turn people away from it.  Best to stop now.
    Originally posted by Cacaphony

How can you possibly say this? Shouldn't it be 1 out of 5 that were surveyed/polled? There is a big difference between 1 out of 5 of who voted and one out of 5 MMORPG.com users.

Fixed it thanks ;)

• KnightblastKnightblast Member UncommonPosts: 1,787
    It's humorous when people are trying to do one thing but end up achieving exactly the opposite of what they set out to achieve in the first place, really.
  • XthosXthos Member UncommonPosts: 2,739

Disliked WoW...So that wouldn't be saying much for me, didn't get past beta.

I feel Vanguard was the best mmo in that time frame, despite its problems.  Huge world, great crafting/harvesting, very solid PVE.  With a better launch, it could of been very big imo.

I play TSW and think its a good game, waiting for more content, but still a solid MMO, and different.

• MMOSavantMMOSavant Member Posts: 170
    Originally posted by Cacaphony

This

Originally posted by Aerowyn
    if you really like the game and want to try to bring in new people try putting together something like whats in my sig. What you are doing is actually counter productive.

Imagine if I would have just listened to you about the game. I stand by my opinion that I had when I first look at one of your TSW post.

With all due respect IMO Aerowyn you played the mole better than I've ever seen it done. 

• KenFisherKenFisher Member UncommonPosts: 5,035
    17% who bothered answering, that is.

Ken Fisher - Semi retired old fart Network Administrator, now working in Network Security.  I don't Forum PVP.  If you feel I've attacked you, it was probably by accident.  When I don't understand, I ask.  Such is not intended as criticism.
    Originally posted by XAPGames
    17% who bothered answering, that is.

That's how polls work ;)

• CalerxesCalerxes Member UncommonPosts: 1,641

Come on BC who are trying to convince us or Yourself? 

4 out 5 people on this site think it isn't the best MMO of the past 7 years.

Ever heard this phrase...

statistics statistics and damn lies

This doom and gloom thread was brought to you by Chin Up™ the new ultra high caffeine soft drink for gamers who just need that boost of happiness after a long forum session.

Originally posted by DMKano

It takes some growing for people to understand that Aerowyn. Some folks never quite grasp the concept.

One wise woman once said -  I will never take part in any anti-war protest, but I will always join a peace rally. 

Positivity attracts positivity. Being against something only attracts attention to the thing you are against.

So we have a few who can see. 

Originally posted by Calerxes

Ask the same question of games those people mentioned. See what you get. 5 out 5?

Originally posted by bcbully

Imagine if I would have just listened to you about the game. I stand by my opinion that I had when I first look at one of your TSW post.

With all due respect IMO Aerowyn you played the mole better than I've ever seen it done. 

not sure what that means since in most cases I have spoken very highly of this game. Critical but positive. Don't see any problems with that

oh and I'm just trying to help you promote a game you enjoy... but like I said before your approach on it is very counter productive

I angered the clerk in a clothing shop today. She asked me what size I was and I said actual, because I am not to scale. I like vending machines 'cause snacks are better when they fall. If I buy a candy bar at a store, oftentimes, I will drop it... so that it achieves its maximum flavor potential. --Mitch Hedberg

• 3-4thElf3-4thElf Member Posts: 489

http://www.mmorpg.com/discussion2.cfm/thread/360200/Since-2005-till-today-on-this-list-is-there-a-MMORPG-better-than-TSW.html

As the poll taken yesterday shows. 17% of MMMORPG.com users fell that TSW is the best game since WoW.  This is nothing to sneeze at.  

MMORPG.com User rating (500 ratings) of 8.7

Metacritic User rating (1000 ratings) of 8.4  

Low 1st month sales of TSW screams marketing issue. The game is without question solid, some people believe it's the best mmorpg since WoW. 

Bottom line is, If you are on the fence, odds are you wont be dissapointed. TSW might even be the best mmo you've played since WoW.

You mean 17% of the people who cared to click the poll. I wasn't aware of it until now.

That said TSW is a nice lil' game. Not enough content yet to warrent a monthly fee from me. But it was enjoyable to beta test. 

That's kind of rare for me. I beta tested SWTOR and uninstalled it after the first beta night.

a yo ho ho

• CalerxesCalerxes Member UncommonPosts: 1,641
    Originally posted by Calerxes

Ask the same question of games those people mentioned. See what you get. 5 out 5?

statistics statistics and damn lies  

You should think about a career in that field, also try this.... 

"go play TSW, enjoy yourself and forget about this forum and if the game doesn't survive be thankful that you got to play it because its better to have loved and lost than not to have loved at all.

This doom and gloom thread was brought to you by Chin Up™ the new ultra high caffeine soft drink for gamers who just need that boost of happiness after a long forum session.

• MidBossMidBoss Member Posts: 93

Look,

You would be much better off talking about the positives of this game and what it did right.

All these topics with sensational headlines you create just make you look like Fox News.

Give people a positive talking point, and they'll come back with positive responses.

• lathaanlathaan Member UncommonPosts: 476

tsw was great as long as it lasted - 1 month. i dont know many people that went on subscribing after finishing the quests/storyline.  its over already and will be finished at august 25th.

my problem with tsw: its no mmo, its singleplayer/coop, pvp is a joke and im more into fantasy than into squids and zombies.

• scarykids2scarykids2 Member UncommonPosts: 74
    yeah im tired of the pity my game stuff already. im not gonna look at tsw now....thanks. just go buzz around somewhere else.
  • MsGamerladyMsGamerlady Member UncommonPosts: 192

Originally posted by MidBoss
    Look,You would be much better off talking about the positives of this game and what it did right.All these topics with sensational headlines you create just make you look like Fox News.Give people a positive talking point, and they'll come back with positive responses.  

^this! Also some folk such as myself block you for doing so. It's way to prevalent on this site imo (drumming up attention with this type of forum title).

• ReizlaReizla Member RarePosts: 4,092

Poll also shows that 83% of the MMORPG.com users ARE SURE that there are a lot better MMO's out there than TSW. All just a matter of perspective...

• QuicklyScottQuicklyScott Member Posts: 433
    Has the OP invested in stock or something?

Originally posted by MsGamerlady

Originally posted by MidBoss
    Look,

You would be much better off talking about the positives of this game and what it did right.

All these topics with sensational headlines you create just make you look like Fox News.

Give people a positive talking point, and they'll come back with positive responses.

^this! Also some folk such as myself block you for doing so. It's way to prevalent on this site imo (drumming up attention with this type of forum title).

which was exactly my point.. you want to show how good a game you like is its better to really "show" it. These threads are doing nothing but stirring up arguments and making the game look bad

• GreenishBlueGreenishBlue Member Posts: 263
    The game may be *better* than WoW in some areas, but not everyone likes the zombie/horror theme. Funcom can throw more money in marketing, but they know better.

This discussion has been closed.