Choosing right server in GW2 will be of utermost importance.
You must create all characters on this server - and you can basically never change it for $Free.
- Your chosen server is your WWW server.
- Less populated server means less queues
- More populated server means higher chances one being on winning side.
- Being on server that constantly looses in WWW will make you rue your decision to join it
- Game population declines over time
- You can guest on other server for PVE
So here are my thoughts.
I wanted to choose Server roleplaying community have chosen. And I want server with less queues.
Roleplayers are usually less interested in PVP which can make it always loosing WWW server. And less queue might turn into small population over time - again WWW is hurt.
You can guest in PVE. Meaning for sake of PVE and roleplaying , you can always guest on server.
But guesting and how it will work is still unclear.
- Anet blog says you can guest on any server you have friends on. Does it mean you need to have someone on friends list from that server ?
- Can you be in a guild on a guested server ?
- Is it possible to play regularly PVP on guested server , and use your main only for PVP/WWW
So dear friends, what is your stand on this ?