Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Diablo 3 & blizzard Rocks.

2»

Comments

• DraftbeerDraftbeer Member UncommonPosts: 517

Honestly, first playtrough on normal was fun.

Because of the story, videos etc. - I really enjoyed it.

What the game turns out to be later on is the main

problem.

Hamster wheel with 'throw your money

elements' built for RMAH circulation?

Really?

Thanks but no thanks!

• ste2000ste2000 Member EpicPosts: 6,194

Diablo 3 is a mediocre game and Blizzard is losing its magic touch

Another couple of releases like Diablo 3 and Blizzard too will end up like Bioware.

I bought it, I played it but I wasn't overwhelmed by it, in fact very disappointed that they made zero improvement from Diablo 2.

Very lazy design.

• korent1991korent1991 Member UncommonPosts: 1,364
    Diablo 3 tought me a huge lesson, never to buy a blizzard product again... 

"Happiness is not a destination. It is a method of life."
    -------------------------------

• PsychowPsychow Member Posts: 1,784
    Originally posted by Cyflym

Originally posted by Psychow

I don't think your analogy works here. Again having negative expectation can affect your experience.

How about instead we use:

"I heard there is some book called The Hunger Games. It's a bout a teenage girl. I hate chick books. I read the first chapter and was bored to tears and threw the book into the trash."

vs

"I heard about a popular book called The Hunger Games. I picked it up and gave it a try. It ended up being so awesome! Now I'm reading the rest of the Trilogy!  Yeah!!"

Leaving out if my analogy works or not, I do agree that negative expectation affects experience.

about your new example you need to add :

"I heard about a popular book called The Hunger Games. I picked it up and gave it a try. After reading it I think it's the worst crap ever! Now I'm puzzled why so many people talk about it!"

And many other versions as ofcourse it's no black and white case what people think, there are at least fifty shades of grey...

My main point was just that you basically said "People who enjoy something like it"

That's universally true and proves nothing in regard of the topic "Diablo 3 is the best since sliced bread".

Because you can't forget the other side of the coin which says "People who don't enjoy something don't like it".

Fair enough.

My original argument was simply stating that the odds of liking something diminishes if you go in thinking of the negatives. 

But there are times that someone can go in negative and come out thinking "Holy crap, boy was I wrong. This game is awesome. Why is everyone complaining???"

So, now we have covered all the possibilities:

1) negative = hate game;

2) Positive = May like game;

3) Positive = may hate game;

4) Negative = may like the game.

So I guess just trying to enjoy a game isn't enough. My idea that having a positive attitude might help you enjoy a game is completely wrong. Sorry for the misinformation. Nothing matters. 

• KeyloggerKeylogger Member Posts: 250

I may try it in a year or two, but after playing the beta for a bit and seeing how they've basically went as far away from D2 as they could and still have "Diablo" on the manual somewhere leaves me with little hope for my ability to enjoy or tolerate it.

I still have my Diablo 1 & 2 manuals and boxes after playing them for years. (Literally)

• nariusseldonnariusseldon Member EpicPosts: 27,775

yeah it rocks. I am still playing after 200+ hours. And 1.04 sounds very good. Many classes are buffed. The popular (but i hate) melee wiz build is nerfed. Other wiz abilities (which i like) are buffed.

Legendaries are buffed. No more invulerable minions .. the list goes on and on.

• MargraveMargrave Member RarePosts: 1,362
    Originally posted by eyelolled
    Diablo III is the reason I will never buy a Blizzard game again.  nuff said.

• ChillwolfChillwolf Member Posts: 33
    I loved D2, and hated D3.  Blizzard lost me with this release. 
  • DSWBeefDSWBeef Member UncommonPosts: 789
    Originally posted by TheHavok

Best Hack and Slash without a doubt.  I just wish they added pvp alritey.

Path of Exile and Grim Dawn will blow it out of the water.

Playing: FFXIV, DnL, and World of Warships
    Waiting on: Ashes of Creation

• IcewhiteIcewhite Member Posts: 6,403
    Originally posted by Elderknight

800hrs,paid for the game and have couple hundred in my bnet acct

So, we're talking something on the rough order of a $0.25/hour?

That IS amazing.  Minimum wage.  Before 1939.

Self-pity imprisons us in the walls of our own self-absorption. The whole world shrinks down to the size of our problem, and the more we dwell on it, the smaller we are and the larger the problem seems to grow.

• ZekiahZekiah Member UncommonPosts: 2,483
    Originally posted by DSWBeef

Best Hack and Slash without a doubt.  I just wish they added pvp alritey.

Path of Exile and Grim Dawn will blow it out of the water.

This. D3 is garbage.

"Censorship is never over for those who have experienced it. It is a brand on the imagination that affects the individual who has suffered it, forever." - Noam Chomsky

• nickster29nickster29 Member Posts: 486

I had fun playing Diablo 3, but I found out quickly it didn't have the staying power that Diablo 2 did.  For me, this boiled down to one thing:  Lack of replayability due to the design decision to simplify character leveling / customization.  Diablo 2 was great for this, as it wasn't just different types of builds on the various characters that kept me playing, but that the item system allowed for character builds to be constructed with specific items in mind.

Frankly, I am having more fun playing Titan Quest Gold (Game + Expansion) that I picked up on Steam for $5 when it was on sale.

Now just waiting on Torchlight 2.

• BanquettoBanquetto Member UncommonPosts: 1,037

Best Hack and Slash without a doubt. 
    This. 200 hours of so /played so far, enjoying it more now than I did three months ago.
  • HrimnirHrimnir Member RarePosts: 2,415

You guys realize OP's post was the ultimate troll post.

I might as well start a thread that days since justin bieber plays SW:TOR i now thinks it a fantastic game.

"The surest way to corrupt a youth is to instruct him to hold in higher esteem those who think alike than those who think differently."

- Friedrich Nietzsche

• 7star7star Member Posts: 405
    Just think about what 800 hours of D3 would do to your mind.