Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Diablo 3 & blizzard Rocks.

ElderknightElderknight Member UncommonPosts: 322

Its fun keeps me playing even after 800hrs,paid for the game and have couple hundred in my bnet acct enough said.

Comments

• eye_meye_m Member UncommonPosts: 3,317
    Diablo III is the reason I will never buy a Blizzard game again.  nuff said.

All of my posts are either intelligent, thought provoking, funny, satirical, sarcastic or intentionally disrespectful. Take your pick.

I get banned in the forums for games I love, so lets see if I do better in the forums for games I hate.

I enjoy the serenity of not caring what your opinion is.

I don't hate much, but I hate Apple© with a passion. If Steve Jobs was alive, I would punch him in the face.

• mistersalty1mistersalty1 Member Posts: 26
    yeah u have fun with that....
  • laokokolaokoko Member UncommonPosts: 2,004

Go to amazon.com and read the reviews.  I have never seen a game sink this low on review besides FFXIV.

And for crying out loud, Blizzard need to stop using fake players to write reviews. 

If you still dont' believe me, go to the official diablo forum.  And read all the this game suck thread.

• TwistingfateTwistingfate Member Posts: 177
    I got my copy of Diablo 3 as a birthday gift from a friend, Its pretty decent if you can get it free or for a cheap price. absolutely not worth 60 dollars in my opinion. Id have trouble even paying 30 to be honest. I think a 20 dollar price tag is appropriate value but thats just my 2 cents.

• GravargGravarg Member UncommonPosts: 3,424

gameplay wise it's no diablo 2, but I can't complain since I've made over $1000 from the auction house.  I don't play right now, but I think I got my MMO addiction paid for for the next couple of years :)

Edit: my barb has completed inferno difficulty too.  So it's not impossible, it just takes a hundred tries with fully geared characters hehe.  Did diablo several times with Barb (me), monk, DH, Sorc friends :)

• YakkinYakkin Member Posts: 919
    Well, you like it, which is all that matters. Others hate it for what it is, rather than what it could have been. Also RMAH is very controversial, due to the "alleged Pay to get a big advantage" nature of it's design, not to mention it's pretty much a form of gambling in some countries.
  • DinastyDinasty Member UncommonPosts: 210
    Your cave, back to it! Chop, chop!
  • thinktank001thinktank001 Member UncommonPosts: 2,144
    I haven't made it to the item grind yet, but I think the game is ok if you don't use the AH.    Bosses seem a little too easy, but some of those elites are just ridiculously fun to attempt.
  • ShaikeShaike Member UncommonPosts: 301
    Originally posted by Elderknight

Its fun keeps me playing even after 800hrs,paid for the game and have couple hundred in my bnet acct enough said.

"http://www.mmorpg.com/discussion2.cfm/thread/360219/page/1";

enough said....

Just my 2 cents...

• BadaboomBadaboom Member UncommonPosts: 2,380
    D3 is crappy and was very disappointed.  Blizzard gets no more free passes from me anymore. 
  • MagnetiaMagnetia Member UncommonPosts: 1,015

All I can say is that it has really nice graphics. Gameplay for hacknslash is hard to write about without referring to 'click forever'

Where it falls behind D2 is the viability of skills, weapon affixes and random zone generator.

Play for fun. Play to win. Play for perfection. Play with friends. Play in another world. Why do you play?

• TokkenTokken Member EpicPosts: 3,547
    still waiting for WOW2, lol

Proud MMORPG.com member since March 2004!  Make PvE GREAT Again!

• TheHavokTheHavok Member UncommonPosts: 2,423

Best Hack and Slash without a doubt.  I just wish they added pvp alritey.

• PsychowPsychow Member Posts: 1,784

People starting with a negative outlook (OMG, RMAH, it's not D2 and always-online) will come away with a negative experience.

People who just play the game and have fun, will have a positive experience.

I have had a positve experience and still play almost every night. The game is fun. Sorry haters. 

• SouldrainerSouldrainer Member Posts: 1,857
    Originally posted by eyelolled

Diablo III is the reason I will never buy a Blizzard game again.  nuff said.

^this^

Error: 37. Signature not found. Please connect to my server for signature access.

Originally posted by TheHavok

Best Hack and Slash without a doubt.  I just wish they added pvp alritey. 

^ This^

(I don't care about the PvP tho...)

• CyflymCyflym Member Posts: 30
    Originally posted by Psychow

People starting with a negative outlook (OMG, RMAH, it's not D2 and always-online) will come away with a negative experience.

I have had a positve experience and still play almost every night. The game is fun. Sorry haters. 

Oh really?

People who have fun doing something have a positive experience?

I never would have guessed...

I heard there are people who enjoy skin-cutting and other forms of self harming.

Does that mean that's maybe the next awesome mainstream thing to spend time on too?

If anyone disagrees just say "Haters gonna hate!" thus point proven and all is good?

• JagaridJagarid Member UncommonPosts: 415
    Originally posted by Cyflym

Oh really?

I heard there are people who enjoy skin-cutting and other forms of self harming.

Does that mean that's maybe the next awesome mainstream thing to spend time on too?

If anyone disagrees just say "Haters gonna hate!" thus point proven and all is good?

My original intent was to respond that comparing D3 to cutting was a bit extreme, but after I hit quote I thought back to my last few hours of playing D3 before quitting, and I reconsidered.  You actually raise a good point.

Oh really?

I don't think your analogy works here. Again having negative expectation can affect your experience.

How about instead we use:

"I heard there is some book called The Hunger Games. It's a bout a teenage girl. I hate chick books. I read the first chapter and was bored to tears and threw the book into the trash."

vs

"I heard about a popular book called The Hunger Games. I picked it up and gave it a try. It ended up being so awesome! Now I'm reading the rest of the Trilogy!  Yeah!!"

• SouldrainerSouldrainer Member Posts: 1,857
    Originally posted by zymurgeist

People starting with a negative outlook (OMG, RMAH, it's not D2 and always-online) will come away with a negative experience.   People who just play the game and have fun, will have a positive experience.   I have had a positve experience and still play almost every night. The game is fun. Sorry haters. 

Oh really?

You're comparing a enjoying a video game with symptoms a mental illness. No one enjoys being mentally ill.

O rly? Define mania then.

Error: 37. Signature not found. Please connect to my server for signature access.

• ChrisboxChrisbox Member UncommonPosts: 1,729
    Its certainly flawed, and DEFINITLY did not come out of the gates with blizzard quality, however it still delivers a decently fun experience.  Im hoping patches/content updates breath into it a little.

Played-Everything
    Playing-LoL

• CyflymCyflym Member Posts: 30

I don't think your analogy works here. Again having negative expectation can affect your experience.

How about instead we use:

"I heard there is some book called The Hunger Games. It's a bout a teenage girl. I hate chick books. I read the first chapter and was bored to tears and threw the book into the trash."

vs

"I heard about a popular book called The Hunger Games. I picked it up and gave it a try. It ended up being so awesome! Now I'm reading the rest of the Trilogy!  Yeah!!"

Leaving out if my analogy works or not, I do agree that negative expectation affects experience.

about your new example you need to add :

"I heard about a popular book called The Hunger Games. I picked it up and gave it a try. After reading it I think it's the worst crap ever! Now I'm puzzled why so many people talk about it!"

And many other versions as ofcourse it's no black and white case what people think, there are at least fifty shades of grey...

My main point was just that you basically said "People who enjoy something like it"

That's universally true and proves nothing in regard of the topic "Diablo 3 is the best since sliced bread".

Because you can't forget the other side of the coin which says "People who don't enjoy something don't like it".

Originally posted by zymurgeist

You're comparing a enjoying a video game with symptoms a mental illness. No one enjoys being mentally ill.

Yes I do compare it and it was a  random "negative thing to do" example.

I didn't say anyone enjoys being menally ill, I said some enjoy the self harming which is true.

They may hate themself for doing it in general but at least some (I personally know 2 who did it) enjoyed the act of hurting themself.

PS: Unless you asked every single mentally ill person or at least know the symptoms of every mental illness and what happens in the mind of those people it is assumptive to say that no one enjoys it.

On top of that I think your statement is wrong as I have a different experience.

PPS: I'm fully aware that my examples are a bit extreme at times.

• zimboy69zimboy69 Member UncommonPosts: 395

i didnt really play diablo 1/2   and bought diablo 3  when it was really cheap

thought  it was a good game a little  bit short   and it felt unfinnished like it  was rushed out of the  door with  30% of content missing

never spent any money in the rmah  and  i  played for about 60 hours

it  is good for what it  is  but the replay value is low 

same game just harder  isnt really fun for me  its not even like map changes or anything just the  same game  mobs with more health and more skills

so i thnk i got  to  the 3rd difficulty and stopped why anyone would even buy items for cash ive no idea

i think TL2 will offer more plus i played TL1 for 150+ hours so offers really good value 

• MothanosMothanos Member UncommonPosts: 1,910

Another brainwashed fanboy, move along people nothing to see here.

• jpnzjpnz Member Posts: 3,529
    Originally posted by Mothanos

Another brainwashed fanboy, move along people nothing to see here.

This kind of posts are very common in the forums but it defies all logic.

If I don't like a Jazz album and my friend does, would I be right in calling my friend a 'brainwashed fanboy'?

But keep on hating man, I'm sure someone will agree with you.

Fun Fact: Diablo 3 sold 8.7 million copies + 1.3 million through the WoW 1 year pass = 10 million

Gdemami -
    Informing people about your thoughts and impressions is not a review, it's a blog.